Diablo® III

Molten is crazy.

View profile
11/01/2012 07:35 PMPosted by CylentPsycho
As a WW barb that plows MP5-6 solo or group, I can just say you suck.

That's new....WW's telling other people they suck. Enjoy your cookie cutter build until it gets nerfed, pal.
Reply Quote
View profile

That's just it....I rarely die, ever, unless it's RD.

Which tells us a story........

I'm getting tired of the most unbalanced, OP class in the game handing out advice to other classes.

Seriously, coming from someone who played through the worst at launch into inferno.

Molten, you just have to take one step back.

At the WORST you have those succubi already mentioned, ranged at molten is probably my most hated affix. With certain changes to playstyle and gear adjustments (one or two) you should be no longer dying to them anymore, they will just take a bit longer to kill.

I don't need a shield anymore because my lifesteal and runspeed (evasion) got to the point where I don't need it. :D Used to have trouble with molten but my gear is far from optimal still and moltens a joke once these considerations are taken into.

Most importantly, just kite them a foot at time.

I do well against all affixes....save for one. Reflect Damage. It's because of my Exploding Palm. The damage it throws back is instant death.
Reply Quote
molten is too op for fleeing/kiting mobs
Reply Quote
Kiting with Melee classes? Really? Ok like it's so simple to not stand in the fire.
Reply Quote
And I play a ww barb and you do have to have high armor and vit or you will be pingponging health with lifesteal + damage alone.
Reply Quote
View profile
ww does have the lowest defence of barb builds that i know of. they just rely on life stealing abilities along with the speed of which they hit to stay afloat.

So he is kinda right. If a ww barb can do it any barb can.
I play my WW barb the same as I play my WD I had on HC. Precise and Cautiously. Clearly this guys just a QQing noob if he's just stacking straight DPS. This is the point of a SS maxing crit dmg and crit chance and Ias on a dh build except they don't have a need for melee since you know, they're ranged. He's not balancing survivability at all. If I had 100k DPS I'd be steam rolling MP10 in hours instead of milenneia. But I'm content with my DPS until I can afford credible upgrades.

"QQing noob"...oh, I see I'm dealing with a child. Nevermind.

"Not balancing survivability" when it's clear my build injects armor and dodge bonus, LoH and mass life regen (can't afford LS weap currently).
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
Molten and Desecrator can be particularly deadly since they have a chance to both stack with themselves and with each other, and it can be easy to miss in the heat of battle. We’re comfortable with the way both affixes are currently working, though, since many gamers are well versed in "don't stand in the fire" scenarios. Just keep an eye out for those ground effects!

Pls fix it. The more deadly is plague + molten. You stand on the plague think it's doing sissy damage. But the fact is you're standing on molten too but you cant see it.
Reply Quote
I would like to know if it's just me or does the molten affix do crazy damage?

I have a lot of armor and a lot of resist. I will set the game to monster power 5 and go to act 3 and stand in plagued desecrator all day. I can usually face tank hulking phasebeasts and 1 or 2 arcane beams is no problem.

But... molten just melts me and it seems to be half the time it's not so bad and the other half I see my life drop really fast.

Anyone else experience this? Working as intended?

every melee know this, molten damage is the highest amount all affix.
and also, "benefits" the most from LAG.

when you re-position yourself to avoid molten, actually the server thinks you are still standing on that puddle of fire due to latency.
and that DOT ticks crazy resulting in a lot more damage
Reply Quote
I would like to know if it's just me or does the molten affix do crazy damage?

I have a lot of armor and a lot of resist. I will set the game to monster power 5 and go to act 3 and stand in plagued desecrator all day. I can usually face tank hulking phasebeasts and 1 or 2 arcane beams is no problem.

But... molten just melts me and it seems to be half the time it's not so bad and the other half I see my life drop really fast.

Anyone else experience this? Working as intended?

Molten and Desecrator can be particularly deadly since they have a chance to both stack with themselves and with each other, and it can be easy to miss in the heat of battle. We’re comfortable with the way both affixes are currently working, though, since many gamers are well versed in "don't stand in the fire" scenarios. Just keep an eye out for those ground effects!

that's true if you fix the latency problem or move hitbox decision on client side.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/01/2012 07:55 PMPosted by stefan

Pls fix it. The more deadly is plague + molten. You stand on the plague think it's doing sissy damage. But the fact is you're standing on molten too but you cant see it.

No need to "fix it". Be aware of the packs affixes, assume that multiple stacks of whatever they're sporting are down and keep moving.
Reply Quote
Pyscho - I have triple your life and double your dps with more all resist. I'm not stacking offense only.

Also I was just asking why some affixes are doing way more damage than others. It seemed silly that I don't notice plagued while molten damages me.
Reply Quote
View profile

"QQing noob"...oh, I see I'm dealing with a child. Nevermind.

"Not balancing survivability" when it's clear my build injects armor and dodge bonus, LoH and mass life regen (can't afford LS weap currently).

from my experiences life regen is best used by glass cannons or characters with high defense.

It's a poor mans LoH. High life regen (mine 1400) acts as a great coefficient with LoH during combat. With serenity up, a strong dodge and respectable armor, it pings very well per half-second.

Also....I find it strange....."glass cannons or characters with high defense"...You realize those are polar opposites?
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/1/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Grimiku

Any chance we can get better debuff indicators? eg: If you're standing in molten you actually see a debuff pop up and if you're in multiple stacks then it gets a number on it like the NV buff?

Got a friend who is colorblind and can't see the ground effects. Debuff icons would be a big help for people like that.
Reply Quote
o molten sucks and most of the time its paired with reflect and walling yea not fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]