Diablo® III

Urgent Auction House Maintenance - 11/1/12

(Locked)

Lylirra - You have a really tough job as the voice of D3 to a large group of sometimes hostile people, and you handle it well.

That's the nice part. Now, do you, or anybody, know another site that breaks down as often as D3? Does this suggest some fairly basic design flaws that should have been addressed prior to release?
Community Manager
11/01/2012 05:09 PMPosted by LESTER
at this moment my mempo of twilight is on RMAH for 250$ and i have a buyer lined up, i read some post that they can't retrieve their items on RMAH while its authorizing. am i screwed? will my item be gone? hopefully not. :(

I'm afraid I'm unable to answer that question for you right now, but if your auction sale is successful, you should receive your money and be able to cash out once all these issues are resolved. Similarly, if your sale isn't successful, then the auction should expire as normal and you can then reclaim the item (and put it back up for sale, if you want).

The best thing to do is wait until maintenance has concluded, though. After the auction house is back online, check your auctions. If it looks like there are any remaining issues, you're welcome (and encouraged) to contact Customer Support so that they can investigate and try to assist in any way possible.

11/01/2012 05:09 PMPosted by becauseican
Lylirra can you please tell us if the current auctions are "paused" when you guys take the AH offline? Obviously this kind of downtime effects bidders and sellers and it would be good to know.

Active auctions continue to count down even during maintenance.
I second the motion. Is the count down going to be paused while in maintenance? I am going be one serious PO'ed seller if my 100M item gets sold for 20M.
Edited by ChoseOne#1620 on 11/1/2012 5:22 PM PDT
Community Manager
sorry I posted in your last thread before seeing the note to come here.

I just received 3 notifications from PayPal saying I authorized a payment from Blizzard, I think I was triple charged for 1 item. These three attempts were last night and it JUST came in. Any idea if I was in fact triple charged?

That's a little beyond me, but it's a good question. :) You'll want to contact Customer Support and notify them about the notifications you received. You can email, phone in, or submit a ticket: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

A representative will be happy to look into the matter for you. My only advice, if you're submitting a ticket or emailing in, is to provide as much information as possible. The more our representatives know about your issue, the better equipped they'll be to address it.

(Oh, and PS - no need to apologize!)
Edited by Lylirra on 11/1/2012 5:25 PM PDT
100 Tauren Druid
Hope this means I'll finally get the 84 mills from the ring I sold on monday.
Can we just shut down the rmah forever?
auctions should be paused! if people cannot bid on them, it shouldnt be considered an "active auction" bc noone is able to participate in bidding.
Edited by FourStrings#1300 on 11/1/2012 5:27 PM PDT
I had a amulet up on the RMAH earlier this morning and when I tried to cancel the auction because it was stuck on authorizing or something. Then I noticed it posted twice and clicked cancel on the second posting it cancelled it but the item never went back into my stash. Then it kept giving me an error. Will you guys be looking into issues like this and automatically correcting or do I need to submit a ticket if it doesn't show up?
Lylirra, will timers be put on hold? There are some sick, SICK items that have low bids that will easily double or triple between now and thier prior close.

Somebody is getting screwed and somebody is hitting the lotto if timers aren't reverted
kk i was about to say wow whats going on!!!
90 Human Warrior
another thing yous can add blizz is when you scroll over an item and it shows you your item and the sellers item in a window but make it so we can see if were losing str and vit and so on.
what i mean is if we go to buy an item we can see if its stronger in a way like how it is in game play where its green for better and red means its !@#$ haha please add something like that in the AH & RMAH because i have wasted a good amount of money :(
11/01/2012 05:22 PMPosted by ChoseOne
I second the motion. Is the count down going to be paused while in maintenance? I am going be one serious PO'ed seller if my 100M item gets sold for 20M.

I am in the same boat had 3 items that were down to 3 hours left and bids at about 50 mil or so for items that should easily sell over over 100+
11/01/2012 05:08 PMPosted by blkdrgn
I'm getting a lot of emails now that I purchased gold. I hope I don't get charged 30 times as I kept on trying to get it to accept.

Damn..sure hope not. I tried to buy 2 items twice each but got popup stating system is too busy to fulfill order.

BUT of course all orders went through and now I got a ton listed in Paypal....REFUND!!!!!
Thank for answering, I had the same problem too...
11/01/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Braddox
I'm getting a lot of emails now that I purchased gold. I hope I don't get charged 30 times as I kept on trying to get it to accept.

Damn..sure hope not. I tried to buy 2 items twice each but got popup stating system is too busy to fulfill order.

BUT of course all orders went through and now I got a ton listed in Paypal....REFUND!!!!!

I did the same thing and now my bank account is in the negatives! :(
sorry I posted in your last thread before seeing the note to come here.

I just received 3 notifications from PayPal saying I authorized a payment from Blizzard, I think I was triple charged for 1 item. These three attempts were last night and it JUST came in. Any idea if I was in fact triple charged?

That's a little beyond me, but it's a good question. :) You'll want to contact Customer Support and notify them about the notifications you received. You can email, phone in, or submit a ticket: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

A representative will be happy to look into the matter for you. My only advice, if you're submitting a ticket or emailing in, is to provide as much information as possible. The more our representatives know about your issue, the better equipped they'll be to address it.

(Oh, and PS - no need to apologize!)

well i hope they do something soon. i received about 30 emails and so far i was charged 5 times today. i really hope i dont get charged 25 more times. my wife's cc company also called her because of these duplicate charges.
90 Human Warrior
11/01/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Saul

i hope to god we get refunds!! i clicked like 10 times on buying gold and one immortal set for 21$ haha im screwed if they go through now
Gah , I only wanted to gear up one of my hc chars before moving up a difficulty but it seems HC AH down too, no diablo for me :(, refuse to level up in anything other then 10 monster power
this is absolute garbage. they will not pause your auctions. you will be screwed out of everything that was either for sale or bidding on. i also love the fact that were getting email saying they took our money while not giving us access to our items. the quality of this game is declining faster than the bacon market.

Yeah, I was trying to buy pants. The popup made it appear I would NOT be charged since server was overwhelmed so I decided to purchase something else and see if it would go through. Not realizing I was being charged for everything afterward!!! Blizzard def needs to refund since popup disclaimer is very misleading.
Edited by Braddox#1988 on 11/1/2012 5:37 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]