Diablo® III

Recent fps drop on Magda fight:

I'm playing on my Demon Hunter and on Magda fight on Nightmare difficulty (didn't happen in Normal) I get a huge fps drop when she shields herself and starts summoning her minions. I run in high graphics and the game runs all fine, and even if I switch back to low graphics I get the same fps drop. I also tried restarting my computer and no luck. What is the problem here?
Reply Quote
Have same problem, happened to my barbarian and demon hunter on normal difficulty. FPS drop stayed until i portaled back to hidden camp. I think it is due to a recent update, never happened before.
Reply Quote
Yes, noticed major lag/fps issues with just the Magda fight. It dropped to around 2 fps, but monsters still could catch up to me so it wasn't just a display issue. It was lagging and slow fps. When I died twice there was no lag in town or outside the entrance but it returned inside. Happened in nightmare and hell over a 8 hour period.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It's a known issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438018

"Your computer's performance will diminish during the Maghda boss encounter. There is a specific sound file that is producing an error over and over, spamming the client with this error message."
Reply Quote
I faced that problem yesterday. I hope they fix it soon, because I currently have 4 characters heading to that battle :P
Reply Quote
I wish I found this earlier, I just died in Hardcore.... luckily it was only level 18 though.
Reply Quote
42 Dwarf Hunter
Not sure if it's related, but if you have microsoft security essentials for antivirus, this might be causing it.

Once I added diablo III.exe to MSE's "excluded processes" it fixed the FPS drop issue and it plays fine now.

You can tell if security essentials is the culprit by minimizing D3 during the fight, then open your task manager and see if MsMpEng.exe is using up a lot of CPU usage.

For some reason MSE doesn't like this encounter.
Reply Quote
Not sure if it's related, but if you have microsoft security essentials for antivirus, this might be causing it.

Once I added diablo III.exe to MSE's "excluded processes" it fixed the FPS drop issue and it plays fine now.

You can tell if security essentials is the culprit by minimizing D3 during the fight, then open your task manager and see if MsMpEng.exe is using up a lot of CPU usage.

For some reason MSE doesn't like this encounter.

I'll give it a go, since I use MSE.
Reply Quote
I'm on MAC and got the FPS drop in Lair of the Witch... gonna try to put Diablo 3 in my antivirus exclusion list
Reply Quote
Still a recurring problem. After all that maintenance today. you guys still couldn't patch a game breaking Magda bug fix. What exactly are y'all waiting for?
Reply Quote
fix issue please.
Reply Quote
This needs to be fixed indeed, i didn't know about this beforehand, so i headed that battle with a Hardcore mode character in ML 10 ... that was quite a fun battle.
Reply Quote
Did patch 1.0.6 fix it?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Has this been Fixed yet. I had been reading that it was related to Having Windows 8 installed. I rolled back to my previous win 7 install and was fine. Any news if this was fixed in Win 8?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]