Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

i sold an item which costs at least 500M by mistake cuz gotta use same key(right click) to equip items and identify items.
at first, i didnt even notice that and when i noticed, buyback aint usable anymore.
i know its totally my bad tho,
i can understand d3 support team dont assist for it cuz it requires alot of man power.
but why dont they make "equipped item lock" function or something instead?

this is totally stupid.i think i will never use godlike items on my gear.even tho if i get godlike items, i will keep it in stash or sell it not to get this fail again.otherwise i gotta be afraid of selling equipped items by mistake all the time.

this game's main content is Treasure hunting and equipped items are like the result of your hard work.however there is a chance that one mis click triggers [removed] up everything?

haaaaaa sigh
Edited by Vaeflare on 11/5/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I read these posts a lot, but now I withold my comments because that offends everyone apparently.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I don't see whats the problem with making a button that gives an item the elevated properties of a bind on account item (in that you cant drop or sell it[ie: Staff of herding]). But then again, i'm not a programmer.
Reply Quote
If you can't accidentally sell an item that's doing a satisfactory job of killing monsters for you, you'll never have a reason to run to the AH and buy a new one. knowing this I'm sure you understand why bliz won't provide an equipent lock on our toons.
Reply Quote
Just take the 1/4 second it requires after IDing to make sure your DPS is the same. Not that difficult.
Reply Quote
you know what's funny? the buyback system was put in place to correct mistakes like this.

this fail safe needs a fail safe of its own b/c

-once you log out, most people discover their mistake at this point, it's too late because the buyback tab will be empty the next time you log in.

-tab only remembers like the last dozen or so items. so if your precious item was followed by a dozen trash drops then gg cause it's gone forever.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Elektrik
Just take the 1/4 second it requires after IDing to make sure your DPS is the same. Not that difficult.

that's the problem, keeping your eyes glued to your dps. people should be able to ID/vendor without worry.
Reply Quote
Elektrik
View profile

if you have only one gear to use, then it works.
at least my case, i switch soj /rare ring/hell fire/leoric depends on the situation.
and also i change main hand weapon when im in party.
its not such easy to do that for me.
Reply Quote
dear blizzard:

i personally was not endowed with a fully-functional brain at birth... unfortunately mine is not capable of reading simple things like item names and stats. please save me from myself, if you don't you clearly have some conspiracy to come after me and my fellow idiots.

yours truly,
dee dee dee
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 02:32 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
it should not be the responsibility of the player (customer) to take absurd and unnecessary precautions because of the designer's derelict.

Absurd precautions? I mean I don't have a problem with them adding a gear lock or something, but you accidentally equipping something is hardly Blizzard's fault. edit//if this was added, people would complain that it's annoying to have to verify a gear swap, and just leave this option off anyway.

that's the problem, keeping your eyes glued to your dps. people should be able to ID/vendor without worry.

Most people are. If you're one to haphazardly right click while you're trying to ID, then just make a quick mental note of your DPS before you ID and make sure that matches after you're done selling. Would take less time in 50 runs than it would to complain about it on the forums. Hell...even just take note of the last two numbers.
Edited by Elektrik#1608 on 11/5/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
dear blizzard:

i personally was not endowed with a fully-functional brain at birth... unfortunately mine is not capable of reading simple things like item names and stats. please save me from myself, if you don't you clearly have some conspiracy to come after me and my fellow idiots.

yours truly,
dee dee dee

Do you write the same letter to the city about open man-holes? I mean, people can just watch where they are stepping, right? The city shouldn't have to care about safe design. People need to just be more careful. If you fall in an open manhole (or drive into a pothole), you fail as a person. City obviously has no responsibility in all this.

I hope to gawd people like you never work in the field of design, technical writing, banking, public safety, children, ad naseum

lol comparing losing a digital item to a person falling down a man-hole now that's funny. btw the buy-back tab is the equivolent of the sign they put in front of a man-hole when it's open... and people have still fallen in and been seriously injured or dieing... i still think the sign was enough warning.

itt people want their damn hands held too much these days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]