Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

11/06/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Zoios
I didn't read all the pages but I really don't understand how this could have happened. Lol. Everyone knows there's a buyback tab right? How could you have sold something worth 500m without knowing? Do people just right click everything when they get to a vendor? If they do that, why even pick up rares? You get more gold just running around picking up gold with the huge amount of gold find everyone has now.

Lol, mister never has more than 12 yellows to identify.. Hello? McFly???
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Templar
SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK to swap equipped gear from inventory would fix this issue.

+1
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
ive sold items by mistake but so far i have noticed it each time but i dont understand why a small key binding or warning when trying to sell something you have equiped

11/06/2012 06:24 PMPosted by leaf

+1

this is a great idea for selling or swaping items for equipment
Edited by Randy#1625 on 11/6/2012 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

I have no idea why they don't want to take immediate action on it. Unless they want to promote more people to make this kind of mistakes and use RMAH. But as OP said it only discourage ppl from using expensive gears, so less ppl will use RMAH.
Reply Quote
Really? This thread is still going? 11 Pages and a Blue Post and it hasn't been hashed out that the only solution is the pay attention to what you're doing. It's the exact same thing as Barbarians complaining they aren't seeing legendaries cause they are WW'ing too fast through the level. At this point the problem is the player, not the system, and the "fix" is to simply not rush, or not be stupid, whichever you are when these kinds of things happen.
Reply Quote

sorry im not that good in english

what i meen is peoples rush so much to do much run as possible and they dont check what they are doing, they sold there own gear and cry. i dont want next time i change gears to type my password with 5 cofirmaation of click to be sure i want to change

Diablo is all about farm optimization. And you're asking players to perform menial tasks at a slower pace then is required if the UI was properly designed. No one is asking for passwords and five confirmations (Please don't exaggerate. Even if English isn't your first language, stupid exaggerations like this hurt your position, not help it). Changing the key bind to "shift+right click" or adding a lock checkbox to your equipped gear would not impact you much if at all.

why not put baby safty on baby bottles incase they shock themself on the milk they drink look at what you are doing and it wont happen how they are saing that again L2P ??? seem to be the 3 letter of predilection here
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Templar

this is probably the easiest solution without causing much change to the gameplay in general.
Reply Quote
Sold my 20 mil Depth Diggers, just yesterday. FFS Blizz fix this
Reply Quote
Last week I sold my 130m ring for 2 314 gold.....
Reply Quote
I dont know about other players, but i have to go vendor every 5-7 min or so. Then i have to identify all my item, i try to do this as quick as posible.

Here is the problem:

After 20 run into town the merchant is full of buy back item

There is my story:

identify new rare item ... check it ...its not good,
Going for the next item to identify, click on the previous item by mistake (gear is equip),
tought i wrongly clicked so i click again to identify item
identify new rare item ... check it ...its not good, ( x30)
Finally starting to sell the items that are not good,
first item i sell i realize that it was my shoulders that a wear..
go 2 the merchant buy back tab, it not even there..

Just lost a 20m value shoulders..
take 1 month to make it back now they sell 40m on the AH
1 more month pass i have 40m now they sell 80m
1 month pass i get a lucky drop and make 170m, nice :)
now the shoulder are 500m o.O

I dont really need more gear, but i would like to keep the gear i own,

My solution:

i play solo now, so i dont feel like i miss the fun or make my team wait for me.

I really think the DEV team should do something about this.
I can imagine those who use the RMAH probably dont mind has much since they dont need to play 900 hours to get good gear, but also they could get probably more frustated then me if they lose a 250$ item by mistake.

I feel this is like the repair cost in 1.0.3, something that should never have happend.

sorry for the long post, and my poor english

thanks for reading
Reply Quote
The fact that this is an "issue" which is being "addressed", is nothing short of !@#$ING PATHETIC.

Pay attention, don't be a moron, stop spamming buttons.

Is this really what "gamers" have sunk to?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I for one who would like blizzard to implement a shift + right click equip system.
Reply Quote
I find it really disappointing that most (not all, but most) of the naysayers in this thread have nothing constructive to offer. If all you're going to say is insulting (eg: don't be so careless, you're too stupid to notice, etc) then please do everyone a favour and don't post at all.

If you have a valid issue with the request then by all means post it. eg: "Please don't make it an 'are you sure you want to swap this item' popup because that'll make the game clunky and slower". That's great feedback and useful to the discussion.

And finally, I don't see what the naysayers are getting so up in arms about. The most popular idea is a toggle button that locks your paperdoll. If you don't want to use it it will have ZERO effect on you. It will not be in any way detrimental other than offending your sensibilities that so called stupid players are now happy because they're protected from slipups.
Reply Quote
I would not be opposed to a lock or warning system when switching gear. I have been very, very close to vendoring a desperately needed item back in the day..

I suppose if you play all day like I used to it could be easy to accidentally do something like this, and yes it could indeed be considered a flaw on blizzards design, but that's what we're here for!

(that said, I'm just too darn greedy to let a piece that I need go even accidentally... I've always been very careful about resetting my perfectly organized inventory/stash before I leave every game... it's good habit)
Reply Quote
The actual solution is to add an identify all function. im pretty sure players from both side of this argument would agree to that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]