Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

Not having an item lock is as dumb as not having seat belts in cars, not labeling poison...poison or having signs at train tracks indicating trains.

Ya, its a simple mistake and people should always take personal responsibility, but i can't imagine what small effort it would take on the part of the designers to implement the item lock compared to the loss a player can experience from accidentally vending "gg" gear.

This response is totally unsat.
Reply Quote
I accidentally salvaged a great 2 hand cross bow one time. You what I did?

I kicked myself and bought another one. It never crossed my mind to blame someone else for my error.
Reply Quote
same thing happend to my boots on my barb now im stuck using sage seekers it blows
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Brando
Not having an item lock is as dumb as not having seat belts in cars, not labeling poison...poison or having signs at train tracks indicating trains.

You need more practice coming up with analogies.
Reply Quote
stop trying to be "efficient" when selling your stuff and it wont happen, it takes like 20 secs to sell your stuff and you dont need to lower it down to 10 secs
Reply Quote
Is it because they allow you to swap your equipped gear and items in your inventory while the vendor screen's up?

I think one simple and easy way to fix this is to disable Gear Swapping when you have the vendor screen up.

EDIT: If that's not the case, how about just simply disallow Gear Swapping 3-5 seconds after you identifying any items. That will probably do the job.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 11/7/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]