Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

11/07/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Ender
The problem originates before selling, mostly due to mass identifying.

Yeah, I just remembered. that's why I put down "Disallow Gear Swapping for 3-5 secs after you identifying any items." That way will prevent any accidental fast click that swap gear during speed item ID.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

Vaelflare, would the devs be so adamantly against adding shift-right click to be able to equip an item from inventory? That should put an end to this issue once and for all, and give you a "lock" without actually building in a true lock. It would be nice to see some win/win put into this game instead of the devs just saying "sorry, we don't want to..." all the time. Players keep bringing up legitimate issues and they get shined off, and this is a perfect example of such.

I don't know if it's ego, or if the devs feel insulted that we don't like how the UI is causing these issues, but frankly, they need to man up and fix the root causes of these issues so we stop having them in the first place.

I made a really nice suggestion a while back regarding the trade window and how it can be fixed so the scams go away, and not so much as a whisper on that one. And it was even in a constructive thread from Starbird.

I get that we don't get communication directly from the developers most of the time regarding our suggestions, but to just get shot down "because" is starting to grate on many of us.

In this particular case, the "root cause" is having to mindlessly and repetitively click to ID all of the rares we pick up. Had the devs put in an ID All (for rares, but not Legendary/Set items) as we've been asking for since launch, this issue wouldn't even exist, as it is a very rare occurence that an errant right click swaps out items outside of the mindless identification process.

If you fix the many little problems with the game (a lot of them are with the UI), people stop worrying about them all the time and go back to focusing on the game itself. Instead, what we're seeing is players are clamboring for certain things, but the devs are just ignoring us. The complaints will not go away until the cause of the issues are eliminated/fixed.

The more the devs keep saying "we have no plans to...", the more they appear out of touch with their players when it comes to quality of life issues within the game. Hell, we're not even talking about game balance here, but something that keeps us from losing our (usually) hard earned items, and we're essentially being told to bug off.

How do you think the players in general are going to respond to that?

Reply Quote
my lost was a lot less significant that 500kk .... but yet... it was a lot for me at that moment....

but yes... the same happen to me :(
Reply Quote
I don't understand how this is an entire thread, it brings up a window that you have to willingly close that talks about the item being equipped. For you to ignore it and proceed to type in the price and sell it is mind boggling. Blizzard shouldn't have to add more noob friendly mechanisms to the game because of people's stupidity.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:42 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
All you do is throw insults at people. Sigh ...

crying about blizz all day every day is much better though?

Is it because they allow you to swap your equipped gear and items in your inventory while the vendor screen's up?

I think one simple and easy way to fix this is to disable Gear Swapping when you have the vendor screen up.

EDIT: If that's not the case, how about just simply disallow Gear Swapping 3-5 seconds after you identifying any items. That will probably do the job.

you actually can't swap equipment with right-click while your in the vendor screen to sell things. right click no longer ID's or swaps gear when you are in the vendor window, it only sells your gear to vendor or buys things from him.

There are already plenty of systems in place to prevent derps from losing their stuff, but nothing is going to be foolproof enough for people to do dumb stuff like watch tv while ID'ing and then cry that they didn't notice what was going on... gee i wonder.

this new generation of wow gamers man... no skill babies that blame every mistake they made on the developer and demand nerfs/changes to accomodate their own personal failings.

Personally i would be very against any change away from right-click to equip gear in menus, i find it highly useful to either swap weapons for more loh/life steal, add movement speed if i need to kite, change to a higher dps weapon for archon and back down to a lower dps one with apoc and faster ias between archons. there are plenty of uses/reasons a player with good apm would be swapping gear during play and i would prefer to not need to shift click to accomplish it as doing it quickly during a fight is very important.

as for other suggestions i think most people are asking for deckard cain back (id all) but it's not because of losing items to id'ing
Edited by Highlulu#1775 on 11/7/2012 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 01:55 PMPosted by SarmaS
it requires alot of man power.

not sure if troll or . . .

not a week goes by that I don't hear a story like this. it's like ....... "WTH is wrong w/ u??? why would u not be more careful w/ this thing that is so valuable?"

i blame not only the individual but the whole "towning is a sin and u must rush as fast as possible RUSHRUSHRUSH!" "culture". take ur time IMO. that next e pack is insanely more likely than not to just drop more junk anyway :P

and finally: TY for sinking gg items out of the economy.

edit: all this being said, I support the (missing) item lock feature.
Edited by STG#1110 on 11/7/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

But the Generation of no personal accountability wants their gear back when they make a mistake!

*eyeroll*
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Clydesdale
Things like this can happen but you have to be a complete retard to try and blame someone else for it.

I don't see anyone blaming Blizzard or asking for thier items back. They are simply trying to get Blizzard to prevent others from making the same mistake in the future.

And for the people defending a bad design choice because it has not affected you yet ... Just wait. A quick glance at this thread should show you how common it is. Do you really think all these people did it on purpose?

The true idiots in this thread are the ones who admonish the victims.

Let's see:

this is totally stupid.i think i will never use godlike items on my gear.even tho if i get godlike items, i will keep it in stash or sell it not to get this fail again.otherwise i gotta be afraid of selling equipped items by mistake all the time.

You can see he's taking responsability here, ofcourse reading between lines is stricktly prohibited!

True idiots admonish (this means: to remind or to warn) the victims of their own stupidity.
Nice statement rofl.
Reply Quote
honestly I don't see how people do this all the time... I see a new thread every day or so. Don't go click crazy and you won't lose anything.
Reply Quote
i like this quote:

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious"

"Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it"
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 01:55 PMPosted by SarmaS
500M by mistake

maybe they do nothing because lost of items helps ecnomics and profit.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]