Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

yeah honestly some times people on diablo just say noob to everybody ...

And i am starting to understand why .

They re right , that game is for bloody 5 years whiners !!! make an option for locking gear please , and remove parental control option , those kids just shouldn't have
the choice to fall in front of a rude person !!!!
Edited by max#11262 on 11/10/2012 8:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Do you really want to sell this item? Are you sure? Have a final look at the item, you still want to sell the item? Last chance now, do you want to sell that item?

*Ok*

*You cannot sell that item cause its better than the item equipped*

woot a bunch of happy retards...

And why would this be necessary? No1 is asking for that. ONE SIMPLE OPTION. Buried in the settings screen right under elective mode. Check the box for "gear lock". Simple and easy. This would make it impossible to switch gear w/o doing a drag/drop pattern.

Those worried about making this mistake would be at ease. And the self proclaimed elitists could just leave it off and not be bothered with it since they are human cyborgs devoid of the natural innate ability to make mistakes.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Afrofrycook

It's not about responsibility, or whining. It's about an improvement, a simple one that can prevent a catastrophic loss. Why have two pilots on a plane? Why have safety trigger locks on guns? Why do blades have scabbard sheaths?

If you can implement a simple feature/workflow to prevent accidents, why not?

Because everything you ask for costs money to implement and takes away from something else. It would be extremely silly to loose out on cool new features because Blizzard devoted
manpower to this.

You trolls are something else give me a break. No1 is asking for new content that would take millions of dollars and thousands of hours of manpower to complete. I would bet this simple hotfixncoukd be done in a couple hours tops.
Reply Quote
Please at least provide a key mapping for item equip. We really need this.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

Very odd you are not going to provide adequate protections for people's gear. If real money were not involved I could see your point, but, failure to provide appropriate safety measures for items of monetary value is not good.

You use the same button to:
- ID item
- switch gear
- sell item

This set-up is either poor design or intentional.

Either way, real money is involved, seems to me it would be better to fix the 'poor design' rather than have a bunch of online conspiracy theorists wondering why what seems to be a simple fix remains unaddressed.
Reply Quote
+1 vote here for a keybind or lock.

Although I have been lucky enough to catch myself when an accidental switch happens, I know friends who have not been so lucky.

The key here is that even though it is our fault, it really does take away from the enjoyment of the game at a very base level, for no reason. The fix is simple, it exists in other Blizzard games, and has no other impact except to provide some peace of mind.

It really is curious why this fix has yet to even be acknowledged as something they will get too soon.

So my question to the Devs is this...

Is it your intention to keep the feeling of frustration a player has when they make such a mistake, in the game? Because it seems to me that you are saying just that. You have a solution and you feel it is more than enough, thus you are "ok" with what is happening in and out of game with this gameplay mechanic.
Reply Quote
Will need more attention to this.
Reply Quote
I must say I am SUPER paranoid about this, I have almost done it several times but was able to catch it. I wish they could change the equip button to something other than right-click to prevent this as well.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned here, we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

This is a good decision, & I hope they don't plan on stupid-proofing the game.

The lesson to take home is this: Take personal responsibility & look after your own stuff.

This is like getting mad at at a coffee shop because you left your cell phone (on accident), & it got stolen before you return to get it. Why didn't they offer cellphone carrying cases for all their customers? The answer is because it's YOUR responsibility to take care of your stuff.

They made this game for you to play, but you need to pay attention when you play it, especially because Blizzard has made the (I believe bad) decision to legitimize the selling of digital items for real money with the RMAH.
Reply Quote
a better option (I prefer lock button since swapping is not encouraged)...

at vendor window, remove gear switch (still the issue remains if we try to id items somewhere else)...

why do people keep suggesting this? you can't do anything with right-click while at vendor window other than sell... actually off the top of my head you might be able to ID in that window as well (i always id stuff a stash at a time away from vendor so i'm honestly not sure if you can ID at that window) but what i DO know for a FACT is that you can't use right-click to swap out gear while in the vendor window.
Reply Quote
Just take the 1/4 second it requires after IDing to make sure your DPS is the same. Not that difficult.

that's the problem, keeping your eyes glued to your dps. people should be able to ID/vendor without worry.

^^
Edited by Shurgosa#1196 on 11/15/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Rogue
this has to be easy to add...I would like this.
Reply Quote
Like I said, people who don't want this feature can choose not to use it. There is absolutely no downside to it. But, the very same trolls who claim self-responsibility and all that BS will use it, if it does get implemented. That is hypocrisy at its very best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]