Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

This company has gone from bad to worse.

1) Due to region issues we cant easily put a comma or period in the auction creation interface.

2) Due to already having the most retarded buyback option you every imagined we will not be including a feature to lock gear.

3) Due to releasing a half finished game we may never actually get around to PVP.

4) Incoming improvements ro RMAH credit card processing and an auto option to second mortgage your home from within Diablo-3..
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 03:34 PMPosted by HappySpike
As an ui designer myself I find it utterly amazing how hard coded their interface is. They have the technology (the xml based modular gui in wow) so i'm not sure why they didn't use it. I'm not saying the should make the gui mod-able for players (though i would love it) since they are obviously trying to avoid that, but they should have designed it better so they could make simple changes like this very very quickly. but it took them months to change the chat window and that's not even re-sizable. very hard coded is very bad design

If the right-click is indeed in the code instead of a config table, then it would complicate things a little. Still not as hard as adding gear lock. Write a new handler for alt-right-click and have it call one procedure only, instead of the usual right-click calling one of the dozens of functions that you can perform with that action....
Reply Quote
what about no right clicking at all to change gear? you have to drag the item over. so basically leave it as it and just remove the right clicking of swapping gears. i think that will be easy to code or delete code.
Reply Quote
Its just adding a small button? Is it hard to do?
Reply Quote
why not have what you sold to vendor save till next game or new game?
Reply Quote
man, just gear lock or warning...

i just hate the fact i keep vendoring my equipped offhand cause i accidentally swapped a stupid spear iding.
Reply Quote
Buying and selling items is too skill based plz nerf ^^

Anyone remember selling any runewords in d2 and how much fun that was?
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor

I've switched gear before unintentionally, and probably sold a piece of my gear as well.

There is no negative side when it comes to adding the gear lock, only the advantage in that you know your gear won't disappear mysteriously due to your inept ability to make sure you were in just inventory or vendor.
Reply Quote
Between this and making legendary drops even more clear, are Barbs just not paying attention anymore? Do you guys even look at the screen? Or do you just click around for a couple hours at random?
Reply Quote
So, you basically want Blizzard to idiot-proof Diablo 3? Just quit being a dolt and pay attention when you're selling items - problem solved.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Vaeflare
e for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

i.e. l2p and stop bieng such a newb and quit cryin on the forums.
Reply Quote
As Lylirra mentioned here, we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

All these buyback problems would be a solved by giving an easier way to identify the massive amount of yellows we get each day.
Reply Quote
Idiots.

I don't know how you "accidentally" sell your gear and then like 10 more items so you can't buy it back.

I have a fix though.

Get smarter. This is basically the same thing blizz is saying to you, except they're forced to be nice to not induce a rage quit epidemic.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 03:29 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Seriously frustrated. A large contingent of your player base is telling Blizzard a known problem we experience and you guys give us a dismissive "we don't care" response. And to make matter worse, the fix is OBSCENELY simple. Grrrrrrrrrr

I like the idea of having a gear lock too, but this is your own stupid problem. I've played RPGs for years (as in, since Final Fantasy 1) and never once sold something I didn't want to sell.

It would be nice, I'll admit, but holy crap the crying about it is absurd. A large portion of the Diablo 3 community are proving themselves to be entitled morons by getting mad about this. You make a mistake, you own up to it, simple as that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]