Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

I do agree that an identify all option is needed in the game I too have accidentally swapped a piece of gear I was wearing for a piece of gear I just identified but thats as far as its ever gone. I have never sold a piece of gear on accident ive never missed a 0 when listing an item on the AH ive never dropped an item I was wearing in a public game. If youve done any of those last three things I just mentioned it was because you were not paying attention. Blizzard should not implement safety nets for you people just because you make errors that have extreme consequences within the game. When you stop making these errors you know youve gotten better at the game if you remove the possibility of making errors theres no point in playing the game anymore.

Picture starcraft for example the game is entirely about becoming a perfect machine, executing your build order perfectly, acquiring perfect scouting information, watching your mini map and reacting to a situation perfectly or else there will be consequence.

Diablo is not the in same genre as starcraft however both follow the same rule of if there are flaws in your game play you will be punished for them until you fix your mistakes. The fact that some people have made this mistake more than once should be a huge wake up call.

Get better
stop crying
profit
Reply Quote
Definitely think a few things item wise for protection should be implemented to the game;

An item lock function on currently equipped items,

An Auction house based item comparison,

A 'discover all items' option from inventory, and

A craft 'selected number of' or 'all' items option in the jewelcrafter and blacksmith menu's (also lowering the cost of crafting, and the number of gems required to only 2 for the next level).
Reply Quote
Not trying to rag on anyone, but how do you manage to sell or salvage stuff you actually want? :| I've put several hundred hours into this game and that hasn't happened to me even once. I almost feel like the only way someone could manage that is if they have a handicap or are using macros and something goes wrong.
Reply Quote
I'd be happy with a disinctive sound when gear was swapped...

I haven't vendored anything (yet) but it is very easy to misclick and swap out gear while in zombie mode identifying a bag full of items.
Reply Quote
yeah i have over 900hr on my wizzy, i can tell you i vendor a few gears by mistake. ( of course i didn't know till i played the nexts game and wonder why my dps dropped )

sucks when u vendor your 5mil dollar glove twice.

for some reason i must of clicked the left buttom as i clicked the right buttom.

i don't see why we can't have a lock system.

theres no reason why we can't have one.

for those who don't want it.. why do u care ?
Reply Quote
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

WTF?

seriously... this is ridiculous. Just add a gear lock option. WoW has it...

Especially considering there is REAL MONEY attached to your gear... NOT having the option is just stupid. You guys amaze me.

4 hours ago

Agree
Reply Quote
View profile
This happens all the time. And players complain about it all the time. But Blizzard won't do anything about it.

All they need to do is make gear swap key bound to shift+right click. Problem solved with 2 minutes of coding. I don't know what they're waiting for.

The expansion.
Reply Quote
Definitely think a few things item wise for protection should be implemented to the game;

An item lock function on currently equipped items,

An Auction house based item comparison,

A 'discover all items' option from inventory, and

A craft 'selected number of' or 'all' items option in the jewelcrafter and blacksmith menu's (also lowering the cost of crafting, and the number of gems required to only 2 for the next level).

Out of all those I would pick the Auction House based item comparison. I always wonder why they left that out... So lame!
Reply Quote
Dungeons and Dragons Online has an item lock feature that worked out well IMO.

It does add a little more clunk to the interface though.

Another solution: Allow the buyback tab to persist through session changes.

You could also add items dropped in town to the buyback tab after a game is totally closed. ("oh crap I dropped that legendary for a friend and xxxx happened so we lost our session").
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Ender
Diablo has never had a locking system, I don't know why people would expect such a feature.

Diablo had never "always on", I don't know why people would expect such a feature ...

Its simple a lock icon in your inventory. I you dont want it, dont use it. I want and need one since the game released ...

Or change the equip button from the "right mouse" to "strg + right mouse" or sth. else
Edited by DeltaMi#1632 on 11/6/2012 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]