Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

11/06/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Ender
This issue is easily avoidable, so I agree with anyone who doesn't think it's necessary.

And why does it bother YOU that someone else wants and Itemlock?

Like I said, if YOU dont want it then dont use it.

Why do you think that problems that dont bother YOU dont deserve to be solved? Your gameexperience will not change if this feature is added.
Edited by DeltaMi#1632 on 11/6/2012 2:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh man, ! This! I was gona make a thread like this for weeks now and i kept forgeting. YES! Lock my items button/hotkey ffs. You dont need to be retarded, just by mistake identify and alrdy identified itemand bam. You are wrecked! Those and that 4 months old request with skill lock. Noone clicks inthis game but v rarely i managed to pull a skill off the bar while kiting pr running towards south...

P.S. i am TERRIFIED that I might, by complete mistake, replace and sell an item for good.
Edited by uZu#2275 on 11/6/2012 2:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

This response is a pathetic, weak and apathetic display of Blizzards concern for a viable criticism that customers have for their product.
Reply Quote
Looks like they do not want to lose another item sink.
Reply Quote
just happened to me the 2nd time

first time, its gloves
this time, its my off hand weapon.....
Reply Quote
Basically, stop being careless. And just because WoW has something doesn't mean Diablo needs it too. The point in playing Diablo is that it is *not* WoW.

Well actually WoW did a lot of things right that were ported to D3. Gear itemization and AH's were not one of those tho. Imo.
Reply Quote

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

Thank you. Its nice to see youre not worrying about those lacking the mental fortitude to not sell their gear. Ive accidentally equiped gear, and maybe sold something once, but I was paying attention and fixed it, no biggie.

If you guys actually pay attetnion and learn to play, this becomes a non issue.
Reply Quote
SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK to swap equipped gear from inventory would fix this issue.
Reply Quote
+1 to lock. Those opposing locks more often than not have rubbish gear.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 03:29 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Seriously frustrated. A large contingent of your player base is telling Blizzard a known problem we experience and you guys give us a dismissive "we don't care" response. And to make matter worse, the fix is OBSCENELY simple. Grrrrrrrrrr

Agreed.
Reply Quote

Translation: We don't care if you vendored your godly item, it just means more money for us since you'll now be looking in the RMAH for a replacement.

You are terrible at public relations. Quit.

Horrible, shouldn't even be allowed to post on the forums.

I mean what kind of company spokesperson dismisses customer complaints so flippantly? This is a valid complaint, it hasn't happened to me but if it did I would rage.

I see this as shady practice. Much like the lack of item comparison tooltips in the AH, these are simple things that should already be in this beta test software. There are only a few reasons to exclude them and continue to make excuses as to why they will not be included:

1) Grief.
2) Greed.
3) Laziness.

I didn't buy a inventory management game. It's tiresome enough just id'ing thousands of rares to continue to come up short, now im supposed to be careful when vendoring because i could lose an item worth over $250? Is this your item sink?
Reply Quote
Solution:

Don't be stupid.

Problem solve.

Blizzard can't make it players less stupid.
Reply Quote

Translation: We don't care if you vendored your godly item, it just means more money for us since you'll now be looking in the RMAH for a replacement.

You are terrible at public relations. Quit.

Horrible, shouldn't even be allowed to post on the forums.

I mean what kind of company spokesperson dismisses customer complaints so flippantly? This is a valid complaint, it hasn't happened to me but if it did I would rage.

I see this as shady practice. Much like the lack of item comparison tooltips in the AH, these are simple things that should already be in this beta test software. There are only a few reasons to exclude them and continue to make excuses as to why they will not be included:

1) Grief.
2) Greed.
3) Laziness.

I didn't buy a inventory management game. It's tiresome enough just id'ing thousands of rares to continue to come up short, now im supposed to be careful when vendoring because i could lose an item worth over $250? Is this your item sink?
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Midnite
Just take the 1/4 second it requires after IDing to make sure your DPS is the same. Not that difficult.

that's the problem, keeping your eyes glued to your dps. people should be able to ID/vendor without worry.

It's not really glued, I mean you're already looking at the character tab to ID things in the first place... You made my head hurt.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 06:16 AMPosted by BennyHill
Basically, stop being careless. And just because WoW has something doesn't mean Diablo needs it too. The point in playing Diablo is that it is *not* WoW.

Well actually WoW did a lot of things right that were ported to D3. Gear itemization and AH's were not one of those tho. Imo.

I guess you never considered that those things were actually from the original Diablo games, huh?
Reply Quote
View profile
Simple solution: pay attention to what you're selling. The nerve of people expecting Blizzard to hold their hands through every single aspect of play is just without limit.
Reply Quote
View profile
This one's easier to code, surely Blizz??
Can you implement that one?

Selling items should be shift+leftclick
Edited by kamikazekuso#1130 on 11/6/2012 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
I also agree. When something like this affects the user base negatively and there is an easy fix it reflects very poorly on the developer. Lazy, careless, unsympathetic, - call it what you want. Its bad.

I too have sold a pair of very nice trifecta gloves, they had resist all + vitality + intel. I will probably never see the likes of them again withouth dropping 100m gold.

When you identify and sell thousands of items over time as fast as you can mistakes are bound to happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]