Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

I have not sold any of my equipped items. However, I have accidentally swapped out an item I had just ID'd for an equipped item. All it takes then is to not notice it happened and then sell all your rares.

It's very hypocritical of those that call anyone who sells an equipped item an "idiot" or such. Are you telling me that not one of you has never "not noticed" something? Yeah right. You might want to go a little easier on other players, because when you insult them, you're insulting yourself as well.

I am very much in favor of a gear lock. The sheer number of threads on this topic and mentioning of it is proof that it matters to many other players as well. It sounds like very simple coding as well. I would hope that Blizz would re-consider some action on this.
Reply Quote
While I sympathize with people that have made the mistake of selling equipped gear, I still don't understand how this mistake can be made so often and by so many people. A sound occurs when you swap gear and the numbers on the char pane change. If the item isn't of the same ilvl, it will even have a different icon. Then when you go to sell to a vendor you would see a piece that appears to be an upgrade with big green numbers. Then there is the grace period where you can buyback items before you log out.

I'm not perfect by any means, but I would need to miss a lot of tells to lose a piece of gear. It would 100% be my own fault.
Reply Quote
I like the game mechanic used in Torchlight. Right click equips/swaps items, but to sell you have to shift+click.

I haven't sold anything by accident (yet), but I have returned to fighting with the wrong item a few times when I was trying different items I found.
Reply Quote
So let me get this straight?? I have to "Verify" every single junk rare I want to salvage. Even though crafting is COMPLETELY USELESS AND BROKEN in this game. However you have no plans to add an additonal, and actually useful layer of protection to keep players from vendoring items that may have real $ attached to it??!!

I'm sorry but this seems intentional. What other conclusion could one come to when you refuse to fix such an easily corrected problem?? Not trying to be rude here but jeez

Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.
Reply Quote
A game that encourages players to play as quickly as possible and sort through tons of loot really does need some sort of way to prevent accidents. Notice I said prevent. The buyback tab is a soft fix for "after the fact" accident that really does not work at all because people are typically vendoring 20 to 30 items at a time and it erases any item after 10 or 12 or whatever.

People just simply get in a rush, (as the game encourages,) and start IDing things and don't notice something like a switched belt, or switched boots. They should just make gear swapping a "drag and drop" method only, then there's no risk of accidentally right click equipping and there's far less room for an accident to happen, although a simple lock button on all equipment would be the most ideal method.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned here, we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

Thank you for emphasizing care. People go out on runs and right click everything in sight without paying attention. Really...takes only a second now to id something as you pick it up. You do that regularly, by the time you get back to town, everything's id'ed, sell the trash, stash what you want to save, repair, and head back out.

But wait! An epiphany!

seriously... this is ridiculous. Just add a gear lock option. WoW has it...

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's why people want it in D3. Because WoW has it. Exactly. This game is attempting to be its own entity, but...yeah, let's throw in everything from WoW we possibly can.

Possible that the devs figured Diablo players might be a bit more anal and careful with their stuff? Yes. Yes, that is possible. Not guaranteed, but possible.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 03:24 PMPosted by PR4Y
NOT having the option is just stupid. You guys amaze me.

What amazes me is that players don't take more care in what they are doing when real money is involved.

If you take an extra two seconds when your clicking through your inventory identifying or vendoring instead of spamming through everything as fast as you possibly can then you have nothing to worry about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]