Diablo® III

equipped item lock system

Happened to me too. My friends kept on joining and leaving the game. The "Do you wan't your follower to join you?" window kept popping up, then some combination of spacebar and right click and next time I was online my crit gloves were replaced with vendor junk.

I don't even know why that popup exists? Why would I not want my follower to follow me? I would much rather dismiss him if i didn't need him than to constantly be answering that question.
Reply Quote
This really blows my mind that Blizzard won't even consider this.. Did you know that Titan Quest has a lock feature? Did you also know that D3 is very similar in nature to Titan Quest in that the drops are mostly random yellow items and very few Legendaries?

Seriously - Add the feature!

Seriously - Add some Legendaries because Diablo isn't Diablo without useful end game Legendaries!

Seriously - Improve the crafting! D2 had pretty well impossible crafting system in that the runes were so stupid hard to find but the idea of crafting something insanely powerful was great! I miss the Botd ect..

And Finally Seriously - This game still has a lot of promise and it's in its infancy so BLIZZARD please implement some of these things!
Reply Quote
Add the feature!
Reply Quote
Be careful and stop complaining. Next thing you know, Bliz will implement another dummy proof when trying to sell yellow, you will be ask "Are you sure you want to sell this item". Now that is annoying.
Reply Quote
As if I need a shift right click to wear my gears . no really peoples are that not on there stuff? they cant check what they are doing ?? stop trying to do run in under 10 min and sell your stuff and take 20 min and do it right. I HOPE THEY WONT DO IT
Reply Quote
Gearlock is OP

Buyback is "fun"

/truestory
Reply Quote
Yes, yes, yes and yes. We need this NOW.
Reply Quote
The solution seems rather simple, pay attention to what you're doing, and don't sell items you meant to keep. Only idiots seem to have this problem I wonder as to why.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 03:46 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
what about no right clicking at all to change gear? you have to drag the item over. so basically leave it as it and just remove the right clicking of swapping gears. i think that will be easy to code or delete code.

This was another one of my suggestions and it is brilliantly simple to implement as well. Plus this change would have actually "fixed" their "problem" of MF gear swapping back in 1.03 instead of the five complicated options they shared with their players ... then decided not to use any of them. Instead, they "fixed" the "problem" by making MF irrelevant with Paragon. There isn't enough facepalming in the world for what happened.

in their defense on that one i seem to remember all 5 potential solutions were !@#$ on by players while we suggested a method that could aleviate the pain of swapping for those who didn't want to and allow those who did want it to continue swapping. i actually think very little facepalming was done on that one... there was TONS of face-palm to go around at their list of potential mf fixes though
Reply Quote

You clearly have no education in design (UI or otherwise).

That has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

The actual problem is not the design of how the system is currently working. Therefore my education on design (UI or otherwise) does not make a single difference in this argument.

The problem is people right click on an item and don't notice that they equipped it because.. well no one gives a credible excuse actually. The only thing they come up with is they were frantically right clicking. That makes it their problem and not the design (UI or otherwise).

You wouldn't screw this up if you weren't out of control to begin with. Even if you were playing in a laid back fashion and weren't clicking furiously, how could you screw this up?

The screen is right in front of you, along with the stats of your character. If you change an item that is valuable enough wouldn't you notice the difference?

or at the very least notice that the item your clicking to sell is NOT trash? i don't even look at the item when i id them, i look at the items stats to decide if i'm going to vendor or not when everything is ID'd and i'm in the vendor window
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 01:21 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
As if I need a shift right click to wear my gears . no really peoples are that not on there stuff? they cant check what they are doing ?? stop trying to do run in under 10 min and sell your stuff and take 20 min and do it right. I HOPE THEY WONT DO IT

Help. I'd like to know what I just read here.

sorry im not that good in english

what i meen is peoples rush so much to do much run as possible and they dont check what they are doing, they sold there own gear and cry. i dont want next time i change gears to type my password with 5 cofirmaation of click to be sure i want to change

11/06/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Nam
Next thing you know, Bliz will implement another dummy proof when trying to sell yellow, you will be ask "Are you sure you want to sell this item". Now that is annoying.
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

Nor should they.

I am very cognizant of my activity in this game and I know everyone else can be as well.

Mistakes happen for a reason. Plain and simple.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]