Diablo® III

Ultimate efficiency build for DTWW

I've just completed my build and just in time because my interest in the game is all but gone.
I'd like to share some things I've learned through trial and error as well as experimentation and experience.

In order to have the most optimized farming build you need:

• -As much dps as possible - 120 unbuffed and 250+ buffed.
  • -Enough ASP to reach at least 23-26 average ticks for both weapons (2.50001-2.85714 aps under full buffs
  • -Enough ehp ls/loh to survive mp 3-4.
  • -A mighty weapon mainhand to maintain fury
  • -24 MS
  • -skorn builds are terrible for farming- youre doing less true dps than dw and you cant generate fury if your life depended on it.
    -mace/axe builds with low IAS are almost as bad for farming
    -dps is not the key, fury generation through IAS and CC are. In fact too much dps and too little fury generation will actually be slower than less dps with the same amount of fury generation.

Gear:
  • -Mighty weapon mainhand with massive damage and socket
  • -EF with socket + LS or CD or a double cd dagger with LS and stats
  • -24 ms from lacuni + either boots or innas
  • -Everything else is up to you but try and hit reasonable EHP/DPS levels
  • -Obviously you will need 2 ik in there and the mandatory MS requirements but theres a lot of flexibility in rings, amulets, and gloves. Soj is highly recommended.

Assumptions:
  • -Farm speed is dependent on dps + movespeed , movespeed is dependent on permawotb which is in turn dependent fury generation which is achieved by having high CC and ias and having a mighty weapon.
  • -mp 2-4 = most exp/loot per minute.
  • Results:
  • -1 million + exp per minute without loeric or hellfire on barb.
  • -Highest potential possible number of kills and elite kills per minute for any class and any build variant. I averaged 1.57 elite kills per minute last time i checked.
  • -perma wotb even at 290k dps buffed in mp3 using standard WWDT with +OP:KS.
  • Tdps can be found here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6864416737
    WW RLTW mechanics can be found here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

If anyone is interested in trying out my gearset I would be glad to lend it out in PTR though with the time delay between copies I could only accommodate a few requests and depending on the demand I will simply have players pick a number from 1-n.

As for my actual gearset I will be lending it out to a few trusted individuals in exchange for placeholder item(functional but doesn't have to be great).
    Edited by Lorenze#1650 on 10/30/2012 4:19 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    A sad day that one of the best WW Barbarians in the world is quitting.
    Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/30/2012 4:05 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    i think you may want to narrow it down to ultimate efficiency for WW/RTLW

as the title does not suggest so

the superiority of dual wield in WW/RTLW build is quite obvious.

while i agree skorn is not ideal for WW/RTLW, there are other builds out there that can maximize the effectiveness of skorn
    Reply Quote
    Appreciate the info. Might give this a try when I am not playing in multiplayer games.
    Reply Quote

while i agree skorn is not ideal for WW/RTLW, there are other builds out there that can maximize the effectiveness of skorn

Very true, however, DW DTWW is still the best farm build outside of the top .0001% of sorc wizs with 400k unbuffed dps.
    Reply Quote
    10/30/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Google337
    A sad day that one of the best WW Barbarians in the world is quitting.

u quit? why? thinking of quitting too this game sucks t.t

If this game sucks, why do you keep spending real money on this game?
    Reply Quote

cuz im a million air these spare money is like nothing to me. i eat food more than these gear combine in a week..btw in vietnam im eating all kind of while animals so good yet so expensive 300$ for a little wild pig and snakes are like 200$ dog meat $20

lol

Well, if I were a millionaire, I would be snorting coke off a hooker's butt.
    Reply Quote

cuz im a million air these spare money is like nothing to me. i eat food more than these gear combine in a week..btw in vietnam im eating all kind of while animals so good yet so expensive 300$ for a little wild pig and snakes are like 200$ dog meat $20

should've spend the money on education.
    Reply Quote
    Well, if I were a millionaire, I would be snorting coke off a hooker's butt.

+1
    Reply Quote
    Guys lets save the coke snorting for a different day and a different thread.
    Reply Quote

should've spend the money on education.

fob rules

If spare money is like nothing to you, then please explain this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893719933
    Reply Quote

Very true, however, DW DTWW is still the best farm build outside of the top .0001% of sorc wizs with 400k unbuffed dps.

i think the major advantage of the WW/RTLW build over my build is the ability to keep perma berserker in between packs and traveling maps

but that advantage depends on the type of farming you are doing

my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZSUPRc!ZYW!YZZcYZ
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004012275

but that advantage is not huge especially if you are farming just 5packs + key warden and doing ubers

i would even argue that my build is stronger vs key warden and uber bosses
    Reply Quote

i think the major advantage of the WW/RTLW build over my build is the ability to keep perma berserker in between packs and traveling maps

but that advantage depends on the type of farming you are doing

my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZSUPRc!ZYW!YZZcYZ
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004012275

but that advantage is not huge especially if you are farming just 5packs + key warden and doing ubers

i would even argue that my build is stronger vs key warden and uber bosses

Agreeable, but farming hellfire rings generates no income at all. Its not really farming. Once you have 1 or 2 good hellfire rings you wont need anymore and you cant sell the rejects for the dozens of hours of lost time beating on kulle.
    Reply Quote
    Thank you Lorenze :) this was very helpful sorry to hear you've lost interest in the game though :(
    Reply Quote
    Too bad to see someone so passionate about the game leave. Though Im sort of feeling the same. Might take some time off after I reach 100. GL to you mate!
    Reply Quote
    Can I add one thing about efficiency. This is in regards to items of course.

The areas farmed in act3 makes a big difference. Too many people do act3 clears.. Or semi clears which is inefficient.

By far the best route to farm for items is the alkhaizer route, together with keep3.

Popular areas which I dislike:

Stone fort/sky keep: too many trash that don't drop anything.
    Rakki crossing: same as above
    Icefall/cavern of frost: too big with nothing inside
    Arreat 1: too many dead ends
    All the towers: too big, not enough trash
    Cydea and azmodan: too long, not enough reward. Lose checkpoint as well
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]