Diablo® III

Magic Find is helping... at least for me

I've almost gotten to max magic find, and it is definitely making a difference in the number of legendary items I find.

Today I found 1 Skorn about 5 minutes into a run, and then found ANOTHER Skorn about ten minutes later!

Just wanted to give some hope to folks out there.
Reply Quote
thats some stupid luck op. grats!

i had 2 crappy windforces drop one right after the other.... i cannot wait until my luck switches with yours :p

forgot to mention, my skorn donation bin is currently empty, and you cannot possibly need BOTH seeing as youll just find another in 20 mins or so...
Edited by AToN#1916 on 10/31/2012 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope you get another skorn. :P
Reply Quote
My MF is working great i found a Chantodo's Will with almost 1200 dps and a Andariel's Visage with 260 dex in the same run.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This is encouraging to hear! Now that I’ve really started working on my Magic Find set, I can’t wait to see how it changes the drops I’m able to score.
Reply Quote
I've had the opposite result so far. I was finding a legendary everyday on about 60mf and I decided to buy better versions of some of my ok gear with MF and got it to about 140mf.

I haven't had a single legendary drop since upgrading, it seems ~60 was great for me.
Reply Quote
MF is working for me to. I find quite a few legendary items but they are pretty much all ilvl 60-61 and on the lower end of what they could be (Salvaged). Yet my friends who don't find nearly as many as me get items worth 50+ mil when they do find something lol. Wish I had there kind of luck..
Reply Quote
i found 4 legendaries yesterday in 5-6hrs run.. ALso found good rare items :)
Reply Quote
had about 70 mf for 2 months.. found 1 legendary.. boosted it up over 275% and ive found roughly 12 in the past 3 days... i think MF has an effect... but thats just me
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
This is encouraging to hear! Now that I’ve really started working on my Magic Find set, I can’t wait to see how it changes the drops I’m able to score.

Magic find does not affect the drop rate that happens, correct? Only the rolls?
Reply Quote
I believe it effects the quality of drop (improving an item from normal -> magic -> rare -> legendary/set) Higher MF gives better chance an item will turn out as a higher tier if one does drop. The chance an item will drop when you kill something is rolled first then MF takes effect.

I could be wrong.

Now just if there was a way to increase the quality of the item (ex. the roll on the stats them self)
Edited by korn7809#1417 on 11/1/2012 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It changes the quality. So with more MF you will see more rares that used to be blue and more blues that used to be white.

And if you're lucky, more legendaries that used to be rare.

MF also increases the chance you get more affixes on an item.

MF does not alter the ilvl roll of an item. (although if you're on mp0 act 3 or mp1 anywhere its all i63)
Reply Quote
It changes the quality. So with more MF you will see more rares that used to be blue and more blues that used to be white.

And if you're lucky, more legendaries that used to be rare.

MF also increases the chance you get more affixes on an item.

MF does not alter the ilvl roll of an item. (although if you're on mp0 act 3 or mp1 anywhere its all i63)

Not all i63 but the highest chance of i63 but I think that's what ya mean.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/ has more info on the ilvl system for inferno.
Reply Quote
I must agree with this post. Ever since around paragon 50+, i've begun to ditch my MF gear and focus on killing quickly. Now I have 228% MF along with some from my follower + the 75% from NV. Yetserday, I seriously found over 20 legendaries in about 6 hours of gameplay. It was awesome, even though they were mostly junk.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Grimiku

wait.... are you telling me that you guys didnt test how mf works?
Reply Quote
In mp1 all items roll at the monsters level, which is 63. So all items are i63 in mp1.

In mp0 all items roll at the monsters level which is 60-61 for a1, 61-62 for a2 and 63 for act 3 (not sure what the actual numbers are, but I know it's 63 for act 3)

That's why you can "efficiently" do mp0 runs in act 3 while having the best chance at good loot. I stand by my original statement.
Reply Quote
just finished MP3 A3 full run with 449 mf

0 legendary found!

can someone explain what the !@#$ is going on?

blizzard fix the drop rate?!
Reply Quote
Monsters at lvl 63 have a higher chance to roll items at level 63 but they can be anywhere from 58-63. Your'e making it sound like they are all max ilvl

Again refer to the link I posted for the rate of ilvl 63 drops.
Edited by korn7809#1417 on 11/1/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In mp1 all items roll at the monsters level, which is 63. So all items are i63 in mp1.

In mp0 all items roll at the monsters level which is 60-61 for a1, 61-62 for a2 and 63 for act 3 (not sure what the actual numbers are, but I know it's 63 for act 3)

That's why you can "efficiently" do mp0 runs in act 3 while having the best chance at good loot. I stand by my original statement.

if it takes me roughly the same time to run mp1 any act and mp0 act 3, why not mp1?
Reply Quote

if it takes me roughly the same time to run mp1 any act and mp0 act 3, why not mp1?

They have 50% more life... how does it take roughly the same time? Unless you one shot everything then yes.

Could you drive 50mph 100 miles in the same time you could drive 50mph 150 miles?
Edited by korn7809#1417 on 11/1/2012 10:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]