Diablo® III

Magic Find is helping... at least for me

Who speak about 1.05 is good for mf..he speak !@#$. Dunno but this patch is a joke with mp, why?! Cuz many people say like me...for example , if i play 12 hours with 500 mf my drop is 3 legendarys! But crap legendary always... I dont know , but mAybe i'm unlucky..so blizZard can't make all ppls happy..
Edited by MysticAngel#2892 on 11/2/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not this sh*t again...

I just ran MP9 for a key run today...at my modest PL with NV I was easily over 400% MF without a single piece that had MF on it...the results...a boat load of bad rares and one decent pair of Firewalkers...in other words...RNG is RNG people.

MF = the most over rated stat in the game.

PL + DPS + lower MP levels you can clear quickly = dozens of legendary drops.
Reply Quote
Posted by Grimiku
This is encouraging to hear! Now that I’ve really started working on my Magic Find set, I can’t wait to see how it changes the drops I’m able to score.

With all do respect. Shouldn't a blue be somebody that knows how MF works in the first place?

MAGIC FIND DOES NOT AFFECT HOW OFTEN LEGENDARY ITEMS DROP FOR YOU.

Magic find only affects the amount of affixes on an items. Increasing your chance for max affix as your MF increases. It does not increase the chance for any given item to drop or increase the values of the affixes on that item.

Blue, if you're going to respond to noob posts, please don't propagate misinformation. This guy simply got lucky at how many legendary items dropped for him. All his MF did was affect how many affixes the item had.
Reply Quote
Posted by Grimiku
This is encouraging to hear! Now that I’ve really started working on my Magic Find set, I can’t wait to see how it changes the drops I’m able to score.

With all do respect. Shouldn't a blue be somebody that knows how MF works in the first place?

MAGIC FIND DOES NOT AFFECT HOW OFTEN LEGENDARY ITEMS DROP FOR YOU.

Magic find only affects the amount of affixes on an items. Increasing your chance for max affix as your MF increases. It does not increase the chance for any given item to drop or increase the values of the affixes on that item.

Blue, if you're going to respond to noob posts, please don't propagate misinformation. This guy simply got lucky at how many legendary items dropped for him. All his MF did was affect how many affixes the item had.

MF DOES increase your chances of a leg. Its just a small bump. But it does.... Stop being retarded.
Reply Quote
MF doesn't increase the number of drops, but it increases the chances that the item will have more affixes or that it will be legendary. More affixes = larger chance that the item has a good combination of affixes. More legendaries = higher chance you get an ilvl63 legendary. Adding MP is great because it does two things: it increases MF and increases the number of items dropped. It increases the number of items dropped because of the "bonus item" feature. Therefore, the best item farmers will be destroying elites quickly at the highest MP and MF possible, since you're getting more affixes per rare and are getting more items overall.

I run act 3 MP2 at 400% MF (after NV) and have had great success, in my opinion. Equipped I found my gloves, amulet, and weapon. When I play on MP0, the difference in item quality is very noticeable.
Reply Quote
I've almost gotten to max magic find, and it is definitely making a difference in the number of legendary items I find.

Today I found 1 Skorn about 5 minutes into a run, and then found ANOTHER Skorn about ten minutes later!

Just wanted to give some hope to folks out there.

Your example has more to do with how Lucky you are.

You can have 400% MF and don't see a Skorn for days or weeks.

I do, however, agree MF has an effect. My WD has about 389% MF with 5 stacks and my DH only has about 90% and the # of "rare" items I see on my DH is way less (especially from minions).

Legendary/Set are still too "rare" for MF% to have a huge impact. The key thing is to get Paragon level higher so you get MF% for free and kill efficiently. I have some MF but I won't go out of my way to stack that high at the expense of my killing speed.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/2/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The RNG gods seem to be working against me. I tend to find more legendaries when I'm geared at around 350 MF than when I push it up to 400. And for the past week, it doesn't matter how much MF I'm wearing, every legendary I've picked up has been worth little more than fiery brimstone.
Reply Quote
I find the same crappy legendary monk weapon every day.
Reply Quote
Since so many of you are still confused on how MF works please give this a read instead of arguing back and forth.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

The "game guide" explains exactly how MF works.
Reply Quote
Since so many of you are still confused on how MF works please give this a read instead of arguing back and forth.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

The "game guide" explains exactly how MF works.

Yes, we already knew.. magic find increases the CHANCE of something happening.. and certain monsters probably have different stats as to their chance to drop one thing or the other.

Problem is all that data is hidden server-side and Blizzard hasn't released any drop tables.

There honestly probably IS a "better" place to magic find, a place where a certain enemy may have a slightly higher BASE chance to drop something good, like say one of the iLvl 60+ legendaries that is more valuable even at a bad roll... there probably is very specific places to farm where you'd see better drops over time we just don't KNOW about them for certain because the loot tables remain hidden from us.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Aranticus

wait.... are you telling me that you guys didnt test how mf works?

lolz.

funniest post I have read in a while.
Reply Quote
just finished MP3 A3 full run with 449 mf

0 legendary found!

can someone explain what the !@#$ is going on?

blizzard fix the drop rate?!

Tin foil hat zone, but wtf...

...that MF suggests 75 for MP3, 75 for NV and your base from gear/paragon of 299.
Or in other words, you are capped with MF.
Having started the day of 1.0.4 farming with full 300 MF gear and making adjustments to my gear as paragon rises, often removing a sizeable chunk of MF to allow paragon growth, I found without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that I got best results with my non-NV and non-MP MF level at around 250.

Which is a bit of a bugger now because my paragon alone has me at 258, I'm rocking the sweet spot right now with no added MF from gear (19 legendaries today) but I can't prevent myself from growing out of it.

Hope it helps, if your paragon allows it, try dropping to ~250 base.
And for what it's worth, sod MP3, do MP0 Acts 3 and 4 or MP1 Acts 1 and 2.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 11/2/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Right before ubbers bosses die, I switch my gear to 575 mf. Haven't noticed a difference yet, but just got my mf gear together yesterday. I'm optimistic.
Reply Quote
glad to see a positive thread on MF. Yesterday I pulled in 7 legendary items on MP0 Act 3 @327%MF incl a usable Manticore and a Tal Rasha Off-hand. Had some decent rares too. Found a fist weapon w/ 930dps that had Crit Dmg 70%+, LOH, LS, 100 Dex, Vit.

I'm getting sick of seeing item level 61-63 rares with sub 100 stat rolls on it. Also still really angry about the fact that class-only items roll with useless stats on them (Monk gear with Intellect, DH gear with Strength, Wizard/WD gear with Dex, and Barb gear with Intellect).
you have my characters name :D

Weee!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]