Diablo® III

Temporary outage error 73 (11/01/2012)

Thank God this game is online only.

/sarcasm
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Zakatus
Of course an offline mode would break the game...

Actually, it would. You take an offline character, hack/mod in some godly equipment, then take him online. What would happen? Of course, Blizzard could make countermeasures for that sort of thing, or players would report that behavior and then the person would get banned. But that takes extra effort on Blizzards part; putting employees on watch for hacked character reports, making sure they're legit, and following through with the banning process.

Or they could do what they did with Diablo 2 and just have offline characters and online ones. But then people will whine saying they can't bring their lvl 99 uber Barb that they put 9001 hours into offline into the online game.

That's why Blizzard had the open online server for offline based characters and a separate online server for online only :P
Reply Quote
still no update? lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/01/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Ballwin
Would be nice if blizzard could develop a single game that didnt have bugs in it months after release

Then you're asking the impossible. Not every single bug can be found on the release of a game. Hell, when the game is near ship time, there's already a patch out that squashes bugs found after the finalization of the game.

You must have hated finding bugs in games that had NO WAY to be patched. Oh wait, that was every generation of gaming before this one.
Reply Quote
what about my hypothetical hardcore character that I was thinking about starting today, which had I started it right when the servers went offline would be a healthy level 5 atleast right now..

;)
Reply Quote
yay back up
Reply Quote
Nevermind, it's back up. Yay!!!!
Edited by Sunnycloud#1616 on 11/1/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Sunnycloud
BlizzardCS on Twitter is telling us to try and log in again.

At first I thought this was a cruel joke . . . BUT THEN I REALIZED ITS TRUE!! Props to Blizz for a quick response :)
Reply Quote
Hope they fix RMAH issues too now they are at it
Reply Quote
IT'S UP
Reply Quote
im on guys. go ahead an play :D TY bliz <3
Reply Quote
Holy crap, does this mean I might actually have a productive morning this week? Maybe, if I stop reading this friggin forum.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Dragoon
At first I thought this was a cruel joke . . . BUT THEN I REALIZED ITS TRUE!! Props to Blizz for a quick response :)

I wouldn't do that. I'm too nice. :)
Reply Quote
SERVER IS UP!! LETS PLAY :D
Reply Quote
I'm in.

Auctions continued to roll while we were all bumped out.

FAIL BLIZZARD!
Reply Quote
dont leave me...
Reply Quote
Spammed log in about 6 times and let me log in now. Give it a try.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey guys,

The issue should be resolved at this time. We were able to fix an issue with one of the logon servers and then bring it back online.

We expect that there will be high traffic as people are attempting to reconnect. If you continue to see error 73, please wait 5 minutes and then try logging in again.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]