Diablo® III

Temporary outage error 73 (11/01/2012)

As I was typing the above post, the server came back. Productive morning cancelled. Time to loot
Reply Quote
I was in the middle of fighting a boss on HC when it kicked me out. will my HC char still be alive?
He's only level 1, not a big deal if he did die.

if he had his toons bags filled with what he was going to wear while leveling then it is a big deal.
Reply Quote
I work in IT myself, the amount of times myself or one of my co workers break something ourselves are less than 1% of our incidents.

When we are fixing a problem we usually are not updating anyone, because we are hip deep in the issue and are too focused on it to give status updates. Is that frustrating for the customer? Yes. But until the issue is properly identified we can't give an accurate ETA either. And I expect the same from Blizz; drawing a premature conclusion leads to incorrect ETA's which lead to even more frustration from their customer base.

This isn't about technical response time. The root of the anger is the unknown, and that's a customer service problem. Even if you just post every 15 minutes "Sorry, we're still working on it", it leaves a connection to the customer.

I don't expect a technician to roll in here and leave a detailed response about the issue. In fact, I'd rather not know at all - let me believe it's some alien tinkering with machinery and only Spaceman Spiff could save the day - but for the love of God, don't just go silent.

- Edit - Servers are up. Thanks to the tech team for fixing it, shame on customer service for going so long without a word.
Edited by Stigas#1237 on 11/1/2012 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

The issue should be resolved at this time. We were able to fix an issue with one of the logon servers and then bring it back online.

We expect that there will be high traffic as people are attempting to reconnect. If you continue to see error 73, please wait 5 minutes and then try logging in again.

PLEASE talk to developers about the auction house continuing to roll while these kinds of outages occur!
Reply Quote
Breaking News: Jay Wilson's bologna sandwich was completed, A strong effort by the Blizzard team, hopefully he keeps it in well or we could have more downtime later. Luckily Jay is taking his Nap right now, so we won't hear from him for a couple of days.
Reply Quote

This isn't about technical response time. The root of the anger is the unknown, and that's a customer service problem. Even if you just post every 15 minutes "Sorry, we're still working on it", it leaves a connection to the customer.

I don't expect a technician to roll in here and leave a detailed response about the issue. In fact, I'd rather not know at all - let me believe it's some alien tinkering with machinery and only Spaceman Spiff could save the day - but for the love of God, don't just go silent.

- Edit - Servers are up. Thanks to the tech team for fixing it, shame on customer service for going so long without a word.

Personally, I do not think posting there is an issue and then not updating it for one hour is an issue. But that's where the problem lies:

If they update us every 15 minutes with a "Still working, hang in there" people would still complain. Some would say "Stop writing and start working" (which is stupid because the CS rep on the forums is not the internal IT guy) and some would say (give me more info, don't just tell me you are still working. What are you doing?" and yet even more would say that 15 minutes is not often enough.

It's a gray area, so I think we can simply agree to disagree. 15 minute upadtes are too frequent IMHO.
Reply Quote
Issue fixed, you can login now
Reply Quote
I like being referred there for more information, when all the page tells you is the server is down. Like the error message didn't just tell you that?!
Reply Quote
Servers back up. :D
Reply Quote
No error 73 but error 33 and the forums always get a lol from me. What fun. And for the person who made the FU finger drawing you have to much time on your hands but thanks for the lolz and you get a thumbs up from me.
Reply Quote

I live in Edmonton, Alberta and its -10 with a lot of snow coming down,
was freezing rain earlier

truth.. this city sucks

that is very true lol
Reply Quote
and what about the still-broken chat scroll buttons?
Reply Quote
Thanks for making the game work again, now can you fix the ah? whenever I try to list anything on the rmah it doesn't go through, and if I try to buy anything it gives me some message about the system load being too high. Any insight on the matter would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
shortly before the auction outage yesterday i noticed several duplicate items for auction with the same buyout price. i bought a couple. but that was a bug and may be why we're having problems now.
Reply Quote
This isnt all the way fixed Having problems as we speak and i know for certain my buddy is on as i speak
Reply Quote
I am getting same prob here. Error 73.
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,

That's exactly why we are not happy you made the game 100% online even when we wants to play SOLO.
This is not acceptable, you should knew before that problems can occur, computers are not immortal.

You must for your own sake Enable the Offline Mode to allow us to play at least Alone, this way, if Battle Net crash, we will still be able to have fun.

Also, you thought that error is Fixed but its not, i can't login at all.

You sold the game a bit expensive and still, we can't play when we wants.
You make moneys with Auctions House, still, we can't play when we wants.

WE NEED TO PLAY WHENEVER WE WANTS and that's should be your Priority Number 1 : Making customers HAPPY, we paid for it remember ?

I don't care about achievements, i just wanna play.

Troubles are worldwide, in Europe we got the same Error.
Edited by ChTiPowA#2597 on 11/6/2012 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
amen brother
Reply Quote
Connection established. Trying to play now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]