Diablo® III

Service Outage Information - 11/1/12

Community Manager
Hey everyone,

To help address some of the questions I've seen posted on this forum, I wanted to provide a quick explanation of the technical issues experienced by players last night and this morning:

Last night, our authentication service (the step that verifies your account information whenever you log in) encountered an issue which resulted in some players being unable connect to Battle.net. This issue affected logins for Diablo III, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft, as well as Battle.net Account Management and our official forums until approximately 11:30 p.m. PDT yesterday evening.

We then experienced another issue this morning with our authentication service that impacted most players' ability to log in to our games. That issue was resolved at approximately 10:30 a.m. PDT, and at this time players should be able to connect to Diablo III, Battle.net Account Management, and the forums without any problems.

If you are continuing to experience issues with login, please let us know in this thread. Before you do, though, we ask that review our Diablo III Support Page and Technical Support forum first to make the issue isn’t client-side or a known error.

Thank you in advance for your reports!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just as a follow up, we're aware that some players are experiencing payment delays from the real money auction house (as well as other general usability problems) and are investigating the issue at this time.
Edited by Lylirra on 11/1/2012 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah. im still waiting for my bnet balance for over a day now.
Reply Quote
Thank God finally a blue post on this :-).. waiting for my B.net and paypal balance for over 24 hours AFTER the processing finished now :-(
Reply Quote
Well I finally got my Bnet balance, and I want to bid on an item, and no-go. Tried for about 5 minutes before it ended. 45m+ item went for 7.50 USD. What a lucky guy, got a 30m break.
Reply Quote
Keep the good work going Blue Bro! I am waiting for some B.net and paypal balance too!
Reply Quote
i was able to load funds , transfered in like 15mins, but now i cant buy gold or items.
Reply Quote
The Gold AH also has many peoples items held hostage with Failed to Escrow an Item, The Player is Locked error 317402. I hope those that have items held hostage with that message will get their items back.
Edited by ShortnStubby#1781 on 11/1/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thanks for resolving things so quickly. hopefully its all settled. btw, general advice, its always best when technical diff happens on ur end, maybe throwing a "sorry for any inconvenience." alot of players are prolly still angry. and as a followup to the fixes, the game is still super laggy. latency bar is red most of the time and this seems to be the concensus among the ppl on right now. little more dirt to clean up...
Edited by eternalite7#1791 on 11/1/2012 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just as a follow up, we're aware that some players are experiencing payment delays from the real money auction house (as well as other general usability problems) and are investigating the issue at this time.

thank you for the update

Pity my incendiary comments about the lack of information from your team were posted just before this :(
Reply Quote
rmah wont allow me to put anything up, some crap about server load than item appears on ah stating it "authorizing". So I allowed items to stay that way all last night no change. So authorizing is actual it failed to post so only thing i can do is take it back down since there is nothing happening. I have attempted over that last 20 hours to put items on ah. This doesnt appear to be a server heavy load issue since others are able to place items up.

I have submitted trouble ticket and still waiting for any response on this. I have browsed forums and auction house (help and issues pages) without any real acknowledgement from bliz support about this error though many posts from others with this issue.
Edited by shandreax#1164 on 11/1/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It has been more than 10 days for me. I got really angry about the game!
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Lylirra

I had this issue last night, it said something along the lines of there being an overwhelming amount of requests and to keep it in mind for future auction house purchases...obviously not the exact wording but quite close.
Reply Quote
I bought an item that has said completed but hasn't shown up in my completed tab.
Reply Quote
I still can't log in to both the game and battle.net using my new account. BAJUMBO#6446
I have submitted a ticket almost 10 hours ago but still no reply. Ticket number - SEA61492
Reply Quote
GH working Normal. RMAH gives me the authorizing caption after I post up an item and it never gets posted. So I am totally unable to post items to RMAH.
Reply Quote
also having this problem
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update, I also can't buy items on the AH or sell.
Reply Quote
looks like still have to wait a day or 2 for my money to come through

good to see a blue post finally (after 24hrs)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]