Diablo® III

Key warden pin on map

Why can't we get a pin on the map where the key warden is like a legendary. Have my time is spent looking for them. Bosses we know where they are..

Also Act 2 he seems to hit harder than other times. Someone else did a thread on this were damages was spiking. Something they might want to look at.

Another thing in Act 2 I clear the oasis hit a couple elite packs no big deal then get to the warden and he has 2 packs of purple\blue snakes on either side of him. This has happened more than once. Act 1 warden always agros tree or anything close to him. I am assuming this is as intended.

Act 3 he has been hiding up stairs you never go up, happened at least 4 times.

I feel bad for the players that only have maybe 2 to 3 hours a week to play. I normally can get a full set of keys in 3 hours, but sill then you have an hour maybe for ubers depending on the group.

I get more keys soloing MP 5 then if I was doing coop. I would rather for 1 or 2 runs solo take more time then do 4 or 5 runs coop. Coop is more fun but brings it's own set of issues. Molten packs solo if you stand in one place and tank them you don't get molten everywhere were in coop they are going after everyone so molten is all over the place. Same with arcane the more people the more sentries you get.
Reply Quote
The amount of people clamouring to make the game easier is too damn high. Right now it's pretty good as it is.
Reply Quote
while we're at it, lets have the game pick up items for you, and tell you where elites are and then actually control your character.....

stop being lazy.
Reply Quote
while we're at it, lets have the game pick up items for you, and tell you where elites are and then actually control your character.....

stop being lazy.

I think that's called BOTTING? ROFL!

But my ideas are better, no need to search for the Elites on the maps, just go to The Room, and voilà!! Elites of your choosing! Truly a magnificent idea!
Reply Quote
Good god, the amount of whiny players on this forum is amazing. :S
Reply Quote
Wow... I like the idea of having a ping on the map for key wardens... at least when you get reasonably close to it to have it ping like a quest.

I totally disagree that it should ping the moment you enter the zone... I can't tell you how often I've ran past them within SOOOO close of the fog of war and not seen them... cleared the entire zones. Such a huge waste of time.

It's already enough of a time sink not getting a key each time you kill the key warden... combined with the random spot on the maps where they can load... I agree with both of those... but it just sucks so badly being less than a screen away from one, and running through an entire zone needlessly... only to find out you would have saved 10 mins of your life in travel time had you gone a tiny smidgeon left instead of right.

EDIT: Good on you general discussion D3... to post retarded backlash on a perfectly good idea to make the game better. Like always: you never fail to shock or surprise me with your stupidity. Keep up the good work!! Always entertaining.
Edited by FadeXF#1379 on 11/3/2012 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly imo, this game, if you're not gonna use the RMAH, is not meant to be played by casuals who only play for 2-3 hours a week. It's a freaking time vampire without it.

And it takes longer for me to find the warden in act2 than to stack up nv. Should've just dumped him in the sewers or something. Though i have 2 rings already so i don't really care that much for ubers anymore. Hope blizzard introduces some REAL challenge and not some cheap !@# time consuming, uninteresting "quests" with rng driven mediocre rewards.
Edited by WytMinority4#1871 on 11/3/2012 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow... I like the idea of having a ping on the map for key wardens... at least when you get reasonably close to it to have it ping like a quest.

I totally disagree that it should ping the moment you enter the zone... I can't tell you how often I've ran past them within SOOOO close of the fog of war and not seen them... cleared the entire zones. Such a huge waste of time.

It's already enough of a time sink not getting a key each time you kill the key warden... combined with the random spot on the maps where they can load... I agree with both of those... but it just sucks so badly being less than a screen away from one, and running through an entire zone needlessly... only to find out you would have saved 10 mins of your life in travel time had you gone a tiny smidgeon left instead of right.

EDIT: Good on you general discussion D3... to post retarded backlash on a perfectly good idea to make the game better. Like always: you never fail to shock or surprise me with your stupidity. Keep up the good work!! Always entertaining.

Making the game better?

Well it's not, it's dumbing down the game, if you want to make it better, BUFF Act 3 Key Warden! He's become a JOKE! Buff Act1 Warden aswell, he's too easy even in High Mp Levels. Fix the Bug on Act2 Warden when he doesn't respond when being attacked by long range Characters when off screen.
Reply Quote
There is no reason for the wardens to ping on the map.. might as well be a map hack.. "i dont want to look i just want to run stright too him".. no thanks.
Reply Quote
I think this is where it crosses the line.

Look for the key warden.

If it takes too long, then decrease the MP.

When you are looking for the key warden at an appropriate MP for your character, it should not take longer than 30 min. This is including clearing time of both regular monsters and champions.

If you want a higher MP because you want a greater chance at getting the key, then you are trading off the time for chance.

That is a decision you make.
Reply Quote
roll a ww barb takes 2 seconds
Reply Quote
It is not that the Keywarden is too powerful, but they are placed in areas that you cannot easily avoid if you are a newer or weaker player and never intended to farm them for keys. What I advise the incompetent dev team to do is to BUFF them and then MOVE them to a dungeon or more remote location where the player actually needs to make a CONSCIOUS and VOLUNTARY effort to hunt them down.
Edited by Amoeba#1638 on 11/3/2012 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
30 mins to find the warden thats crazy? act 1 clear woodz, go to fields kill warden.. takes about 10 mins.. act 2 clear vault, go to oasis run around till u find him.. again 10 mins.. act 3 clear skycrown, continue to stonefront, about 15mins..

spending longer to clear a higher MP is not efficent when u can do 3 runs on a lower MP in the same amount of time.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Amoeba
It is not that the Keywarden is too powerful, but they are placed in areas that you cannot easily avoid if you are a newer or weaker player and never intended to farm them for keys. What I advise the incompetent dev team to do is to BUFF them and then MOVE them to a dungeon or more remote location where the player actually needs to make a CONSCIOUS and VOLUNTARY effort to hunt them down.

I think OP is stating the opposite. He does have trouble finding them when he is making a conscious and voluntary effort to find them.

Or were you just starting a different discussion?
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Sephirath

I think OP is stating the opposite. He does have trouble finding them when he is making a conscious and voluntary effort to find them.

Or were you just starting a different discussion?

It was me continuing a different discussion taking place in this thread about dumbing things down. Moving him to a specific location was my suggestion to Blizzard in regards to the OP's feedback that he is too hard to find.
Reply Quote
Ah okay, but it seems like you are contradicting yourself in your post.

you said that they are placed in locations that beginners cannot avoid. Wouldn't that indicate that the key wardens are easy to find in the first place and that the OP complaint isn't valid to begin with?
Reply Quote
30 mins to find the warden thats crazy? act 1 clear woodz, go to fields kill warden.. takes about 10 mins.. act 2 clear vault, go to oasis run around till u find him.. again 10 mins.. act 3 clear skycrown, continue to stonefront, about 15mins..

spending longer to clear a higher MP is not efficent when u can do 3 runs on a lower MP in the same amount of time.

I think running around is an annoying mechanic personally. It's already a very evident time sink... the "supposed" 50% drop rates even on MP5 and not getting anywhere near that in reality... combined with needing 5x NV to even have a chance of him dropping a key... and then again the randomness of each organ dropping including 3x different portals to make the RNG even more RNG... and then once THAT is all done and completed you have 4x different RNG rolls on the ring itself.

Guys... I don't understand the massive big problem with showing a ping on the map when you get within 2-3 screens of the key wardens. Think about it. Explain to me why allowing that is suddenly "ez mode cheating" or whatever. You do understand how random and time sinky the entire process is as it stands, don't you?
Reply Quote
I think running around is an annoying mechanic personally. It's already a very evident time sink... the "supposed" 50% drop rates even on MP5 and not getting anywhere near that in reality... combined with needing 5x NV to even have a chance of him dropping a key... and then again the randomness of each organ dropping including 3x different portals to make the RNG even more RNG... and then once THAT is all done and completed you have 4x different RNG rolls on the ring itself.Guys... I don't understand the massive big problem with showing a ping on the map when you get within 2-3 screens of the key wardens. Think about it. Explain to me why allowing that is suddenly "ez mode cheating" or whatever. You do understand how random and time sinky the entire process is as it stands, don't you?

The hellfire ring is not something that is guarenteed to you. Much like how none of the gear in this game is guarenteed to you.

As is, we are lucky to have a mechanic in place that allows us to manipulate the drop rate, regardless of whether you think it works or not. And I can tell you, as far as I've seen, mp 10 works as intended so it's not that far of a strech of an imagination to assume that mp 5 is working as intended.

If you feel like running around is an annoying mechanic, then I'd suggest either you roll a mage or this game might not be the game for you. Moving your character will always be an annoying "mechanic" and I highly doubt blizzard would ever remove that. The game wouldn't even make sense if they did.

If you feel that looking for champion packs/key wardens is a pain, then games like diablo 2 and 3 are not what you are looking for. Especially when we consider the fact that while diablo 3 does randomize the map, it is randomize to literally the most minimalist extent.

I can't see how much less the maps can be randomized before it just becomes a static map.

The hellfire ring is a ring that is worth grinding for. If you are trying to hit paragon 100, it gives you an additional 35% exp bonus that is only found on one other ring. If you feel like it is too much work, then do not go for it. There is no requirement that says you must have the ring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]