Diablo® III

Key warden pin on map

Now this....THIS is a lame cry baby thread. People have legit complaints about things like Reflect, but this, this is just embarrassing.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/3/2012 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it's just a difference of opinion but I feel that the way the key wardens are placed and with their huge aggro radius is fine as of now.

I feel like any more indicators and they might as well have a set location for them, which i think undermines the whole randomized dungeon map idea.
Reply Quote
I think it's just a difference of opinion but I feel that the way the key wardens are placed and with their huge aggro radius is fine as of now.

I feel like any more indicators and they might as well have a set location for them, which i think undermines the whole randomized dungeon map idea.

That's fine for coop you have 4 people looking in all areas solo take alot of time. I've missed him because he was one screen over.

Solo play should not be penalized maybe make it just an option for solo play. 4 people looking all over the place take no time at all to find any of the wardens.

What I am trying to say is for solo play we should get a marker or ping on the map once we are close. Then I could farm keys a lot more efficiently. Instead of taking 15 mins just to find the warden.

Because I chose to solo key farm because it gives me more of a chance for a key drop(4 for 6 BTW) I would rather do 9 runs solo to get two full sets of keys than 15 to 20 coop.
I even have friends that all they do is MP 5 coop key farms I end up with sets faster because I solo.

Act 1 key warden always agros anything remotely close to him trees, packs, whatever.
Act 2 key warden is usually sitting by at least one pack, and the pack has ridiculous affixes like arcane, desecration, molten, and frozen.(so agro the pack out if you can)
Act 3 key warden just started recently hiding up stairs you normally don't co up.(missed him three times)

I have a broad range of friends on D3 I have some extremly strong players that can do up to MP8 and other that won't go above mp 3. It pretty much comes down to DPS people that were farming act 3 before the patch with issues can't do over mp 3.
MP 3 difficulty = Patch 1.04 that what was told to all of use the played on the PTR.

This all goes back to the discussion whether or not monsters should be on the map, well when you trigger and event say in the woods act 1 they do show on the map. I know part of the game is the anticipation of what's around the next corner. Well that's should be your option. In other words put it as an option\gameplay\show monsters on map.
Everyone knows if you get a pain pack and you go where you have not been you are going to agro something into the mix. In coop games everyone is like who was the idiot that went the wrong way. Show monsters on the map wouldn't have that problem as much.
Reply Quote

I am all for the random maps\dungeons idea they are not random at all. I wish they would implement a maps system like TL2 has were you can purchase maps at different levels and each has it's own boss. POE has something similar but haven't gotten that far with that game. I do know you can even change the affixes on the map kinda like the MP system. You can set say this map you take 25% more damage or your dps is reduced 15% all kinds of things. MF, GF you name it.

I play D3 still alot but I would always play it if a new map system was implemented.
Reply Quote
Wow! You want legends served to you in a platter next?

Try working for it, man.
Reply Quote
So you want the maps to be randomized but you want to know where all the monsters are?

What would be the point of a randomized map or even randomized spawn location of mobs be then?

If you know where the monsters are, then fog of war even seems to be a pointless mechanic.

We'd have a game where the map wouldn't change, or at least shouldn't since it is pointless, and might as well have static spawn locations of monsters since having them spawn in different locations would be pointless.

I mean the idea of having a ping on the mini map when you're near a key warden is something that could be discussed. However, the idea of having the option of knowing all the locations of monsters is just.... it doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
Which character are you soloing mp5 with?
Reply Quote
Logged in just to press "Dislike". :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Someone can tell me if it is possible to get no key warden in a certain game? Im pretty mad that i farmed my 5 nepahlem buff and explored a whole map for nothing atm.
Edited by duckmarker#1241 on 11/22/2012 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]