Diablo® III

[BUG] Witch Doctor - Jungle Fortitude passive

[Summary]
The Passive skill for the Witch Doctor, "Jungle Fortitude" (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor/passive/jungle-fortitude) is not working (at least) for the Witch Doctor character (not verified for pets).

[REPRO]:
1.) Play Witch Doctor (level 60) on Inferno, ACT - I, any quest beyond "legacy of Cain" (for this test, Monster Level 5).
2.) Make sure "Jungle Fortitude" IS NOT set as a passive skill. Also, remove your follower and unsummon all pets.
3.) Go to "old Ruins" way point, if the zombie mobs are dense, restart the game and repeat #3.
4.) Look for just 1 zombie to test
5.) have the zombie attack you. Damage ticks at 7000 - 10,000 without Jungle Fortitude (on my Character).
6.) Go back to town (don't die) and heal.
7.) Switch on "Jungle Fortitude" as passive skill.
8.) have the zombie attack you. Damage ticks at almost the same at 7000k - 10,000 per hit with Jungle Fortitude On.

Additional Notes: Also, I don't know if it's just standard, but the damage reduction number does not increase on the visible stat details, but maybe it's just a hidden bonus stat.

Number of times Bug Reproduced: 5
Bug Type: Game Mechanic
Bug Category: Skills/Classes
Bug Severity: High
Edited by numenorean#1374 on 11/21/2012 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can confirm this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
personally i dont think it's working on pets either but with the lack of information and a combat log it's hard to tell
Reply Quote
Confirmed bug for me as well
Reply Quote
Anyone else able to confirm this? I think there needs to be more attention brought to this!
Reply Quote
Yea ive noticed it isnt changing the damage reduction stat anymore
Reply Quote
I really wish that blue would comment on this issue. I can't believe that more WD's don't realize this isn't working. It's been almost a month since this thread opened and still nothing :(
Edited by Tnb87113#1636 on 11/30/2012 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had no idea about this. The majority of us probably haven't noticed because when we farm low mp we don't need JF and just steamroll everything, but when we play high mp we just assume were gonna take way more damage.
Reply Quote
I'm highly dissapointed in the lack of response to this.
Reply Quote
Edited by Oranz#1757 on 12/19/2012 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
The more people we get confirming this the faster there must be action. Anyone who has a WD friend have them report it too! Let's get this fixed!
Reply Quote
MVP
...Oh.
That's why I have lost so many positions on EHP rank. D:

*going to buy a damn shield and doing the report*
Edited by Massafera#1158 on 12/20/2012 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just tested this a bunch. I could reliably receive 10k damage without jungle fortitude from a zombie, whereas I never broke past 9k damage with it, after about 15 minutes of repeatedly being attacked, healing, repeating. Both the 10k and 9k numbers are rounded.

I tried averaging out some data, and this is what I got:

Without (in thousands, rounded): 8, 7, 9, 9, 9, 6, 10, 10, 11, 10, 5, 8, 9, 9, 7, 8, 10, 6, 10, 5, 5, 8, 8

Average without: 8.13k damage

With (in thousands, rounded): 6, 7, 9, 8, 9, 9, 5, 9, 7, 9, 5, 5, 9, 9, 6, 6, 8, 7, 8, 9, 6, 8, 9, 9, 8, 9, 7

Average with: 7.96k

This data would seem to indicate that the ability is NOT working, since the difference is so small. However, I would wager that this is due to my small sample size and a few lucky low-damage rolls without Jungle Fortitude, and a string of 9s with.

I think the ability is working properly. I simply can't hit as high of numbers from damage received with the ability active.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]