Diablo® III

Oceania servers?

You get used to the 250ish latency eventually. It's not great but it will do. But when PvP comes along we are all getting owned by yanks - ever tried playing FPS games 250 ping v 35 ? ppl with shopkeepers blue gear are going to run us over like dogs lol.

Oh and forget hardcore.
Reply Quote
+1 I don't see the point of playing pvp at all with pings of 200-250.
Reply Quote
qqers im from nz and pings fine!
Reply Quote
pings fine if you're playing mp0 and timing doesnt matter as much
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:15 PMPosted by bakedkiwi
qqers im from nz and pings fine!

This game is pure server side. A lot more packages are being send to/from then D2, thus a little increase in ping can make a big different.

Packaged that is being send do need to be acknowledge by the server before it will accept the next package. Nothing can send in between. That why you get rubber banding. You can move on your client but the server will reset you to where you are suppose to be.

Let me know how it works for you as a CM when your attack is over 2.74. Hell, make it 2.51 aps.

Don't call out people if you don't understand how networking game works.
Reply Quote
It helps to live near an exchange or just in a city. Then have a good provider. Im with Internode in ACT and very, very rarely do I experience lag. Yeah, ping says 180-210ping but that isn't too reliable.

I feel sorry for those in the sticks.

Also, Iv heard Optus is pretty bad when it comes to games. Gamers need to be selective with providers in Aus.

CANBERRA IS IN THE STICKS . I have optus and how found them no problem at all.
Im in the bush in victoria.
Reply Quote
I hover about the 175-190 range ms here, i did a speedtest and it showed I had better internet than 96% of the rest of Australians.

gauging that it would appear people on Australia's internet 'mostly copper' have it pretty bad without a local oceanic server.
The very few on fiber cables will have the optimal service. and even if so only cutting at around 160-200 ms ish. The rest is copper network issues and local exchange or ISP congestion. A server brought locally here in aus will cut off technically about 160-180 ms for most people so if your hovering at 500 - 1000 there is a local issue as well, if a oceanic server exist will still equal 300- 800 ms ish for you between you and the exchange in copper length. Where as fiber isn't ridden with the drawbacks of copper as data is traveling at the speed of light.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Will we ever see servers situated more towards Australia and New Zealand? To be honest 200 ping just doesn't cut it for D3, especially when you're a CMWW wizard like me. The latest CC changes have made it so that the 200ms latency reduces the time I have to reset my freeze's cooldown by half, making my job harder than it should be. I'm not saying that the game is unplayable though. It would just be nice to have that little latency advantage that Americans and Europeans have.

The straight up answer is that we are still going through tech details to see if this is viable. We have made changes to improve latency that from the feedback we have had on this forum has helped for some. When I have a update I'll be posting it here for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The straight up answer is that we are still going through tech details to see if this is viable. We have made changes to improve latency that from the feedback we have had on this forum has helped for some. When I have a update I'll be posting it here for sure.

Arcaignon: this is exactly what you said in the other thread a year ago.

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly? It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Edited by Arcagnion on 6/21/2012 9:24 PM PDT

Note the date, folks.

Yes we know, "the check is in the mail", he is "in a meeting"....forgive me but all I see is the same recycled response. Or are you telling me that you have not received any updates and no progress has been made in a full YEAR?

I guess we arent a priority. Why not come out and say it? Why not give us a straight and upfront answer?

Why string us along with promises Blizzard never had any intention of keeping?

Why are we treated in this shabby and unacceptable manner?

Why after EIGHT YEARS has no progress on this been made? Where are the reasons, Arcaignon? How many more games will Blizzard release here and in the process relegate us to second or third class player status with bad ping, latency, lag, disconnections?

Why are we as customers of Blizzard not entitled to the same level of service and game quality as other players?

What possible excuse does Bliuzzard have for this kind of dismissive and "we dont care" attitude?

Well?
Edited by Bretanus12#1482 on 7/5/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha, dropped by to see what's happening and it's still the same old "keep playing and we'll have an update soon!" response. The fact it has taken just under 8 months between responses speaks volumes.

I eagerly await the next "update" in 6 months "informing" us that there are meetings occurring looking into it.
Reply Quote
woohoo is arc!

woohoo theres an update that tells us the meeting is still going!

wonder how they sat in meeting for months with no direction decided. My boss wouldve fired us if we dont come up with a plan of attack in a week.

But anyways, thanks arc. keep it coming. Ill check back in a few months.
Reply Quote
Not that any of these threads need reinforcing, but 200+ latency just ruins the gaming experience. Nothing feels fluid or responsive and many of the actions taken are often made in preempt. Until an offline mode or local server option is made available, many Australians (especially competitive ones) will just not play these titles (WoW/D3 etc.). It makes me sad.
Reply Quote
Telstra, Optus, iinet, etc, etc all want ownership. Servers for A.U will never happen because of everyone wanting a grab of the money involved.
Reply Quote
Is a game called Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR) and until recently it had Australian servers. Servers have recently been merged to U.S. servers because of a declining Aussie player base. Now i would imagine SWTOR would never have had the player base that D3 has in Australia but they could still provide a local server for it? Would be interested in some sort of an explanation for this situation.

07/11/2013 06:48 AMPosted by trojan
Telstra, Optus, iinet, etc, etc all want ownership. Servers for A.U will never happen because of everyone wanting a grab of the money involved.

That was true some time ago but i believe that is no longer the case.
Reply Quote
we will never get our own oceanic servers,I would be very very surprise if we do.I have been gaming for years and only a handful of mmorpg even considered giving us Aussies our own servers,always the same excuses too expensive,not enough people etc...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]