Diablo® III

Cant connect to battle.net/D3/Sc2 or WoW

Hey guys, i cant connect to battle.net. 3 days ago everything worked well till i got a dc from playing Starcraft 2. I tried to relaunch the game, but in the launcher the play button is grey. So i tried it with d3 and wow. Same problem everywhere. I didnt change anything. Im playing on EU Server and i tried everything (port forwarding, selective mode, closing background programms etc.) i spent over 8 hours now with fixing the Problem. But everytime when i try it in the morning (7am) it works. Because i have to go to school, i cant play. When i come back (4pm, 2pm) its not working.

What is wrong with my silly games? Everything works (Bf3, Steam, Origin, LoL) and my Internet, but i cant connect to the stupid Blizzard Servers. When i launch the games with the Sc2 switcher for example i cant connect to the network. Please help me i dont know what to do :(.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tobi,

This really doesn't make much sense when you consider it's time of day related like that. That could be an issue if your ISP is doing something during peak times or if an app on your system is kicking in at a predetermined schedule.

To see if it's your machine, in the morning when it works, change the system time to the afternoon when it doesn't and see if it suddenly stops working then. If it does, you'll know it's something on your machine running that's dependent on the time of day. If it doesn't, it's more likely to be something the provider is doing.

The only commonality all of the games you list have is agent.exe but it doesn't have any time of day dependencies. In any case, you can try deleting the folder and let the system get/reinstall the latest version. Delete the cache folder too.

These two articles will lead you through what needs to be done.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc
Reply Quote
Thanks for the fast answer. The support is much better here than in the Eu. (4Days of waiting and nothing happens...). I got through this steps and its still not working. I really dont know why its working in the morning. I tried to change the system time, but without results. On my system is nothing, no virus programm or sth like that. I have a computer without any blocking programms. I really changed anything with the router. Everything worked till i got that dc. After it, nothing worked. Can you tell me some router settings, that i have to have? Like i said everything works except of sc2/d3/wow.

Thanks for the quick response.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tobi,

I'd just bypass the router to see if it's involved or not but I don't see how it could be really. Run a cable from your computer direct to the modem, leaving the router unconnected. If it still happens, it's not the router.

It'd be a lot easier to solve if it were happening all the time but since it seems to be time-dependent, like I said, it's either your machine having a program kicking in or your provider doing something.

You can try taking a trace route in the morning and then again in the afternoon and compare them.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute

If you have a friend nearby using a different provider, you might try taking your computer over to their network in the afternoon and seeing if it works. That would help determine if it's the ISP or not.
Reply Quote
Hi, here is a traceroute, when its not working:

Routenverfolgung zu 12.129.202.154 ber maximal 30 Abschnitte

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.254
2 7 ms 8 ms 7 ms 10.246.144.1
3 7 ms 7 ms 8 ms 96.1.253.150
4 11 ms 12 ms 13 ms 209.121.3.118
5 * 24 ms 17 ms 154.11.22.114
6 14 ms 13 ms 13 ms 204.225.243.22
7 140 ms 275 ms 203 ms te7-4.ccr02.sea02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.10.45]
8 203 ms 207 ms 198 ms te9-3.ccr02.sea01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.82.37]
9 32 ms 32 ms 32 ms te0-0-0-1.ccr22.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.47.193]
10 46 ms 45 ms 45 ms te0-0-0-1.ccr22.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.3.229]
11 117 ms 211 ms 229 ms te9-8.ccr02.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.134]
12 46 ms 45 ms 45 ms att.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.10]
13 53 ms 46 ms 45 ms cr1.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.84.202]
14 62 ms 44 ms 43 ms gar20.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.128.181]
15 47 ms 44 ms 62 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net [12.122.254.234]
16 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms mdf001c7613r0003-gig-12-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.254]
17 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
18 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
19 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
20 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
21 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
22 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
23 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
24 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
25 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
26 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
27 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
28 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
29 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.
30 * * * Zeitberschreitung der Anforderung.

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

I'll ckeck again tomorrow.

EDIT: OKay I tried it now and its not working. I dont know what is wrong here.
Edited by Tobi#2587 on 11/10/2012 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Okay i get disconnected at 6pm. Why? Its the same time ervery time.
Reply Quote
Anyone? :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tobi,

You really didn't do or acknowledge doing any of what I asked you to do.
Reply Quote
I tried to do it in the morning, but it didnt work. I couldnt play in the morning too. Im in Canada for 4 month and i dont have another network i could connect too. I tried it with different computers in our home network. The problem is with the router. I dont have a cable here/in my host family. So i couldnt do that aswell. It is the router. But port forwarding etc didnt help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tobi,

If you're sure it's the router, try another router. Bypassing it will confirm if it's the cause or not. If it's not in use, can you connect at all times of the day?
Reply Quote
I dont know. I will try it later when i get the cabel. But my problem apeared juat after the server repair (weekly thing) and after that i wasnt able to play. Did you change anything during the maintenance?

So, after trying it 100 times opening the launcher. I finally got into the game. But now its not connecting me/i cant connect to the game.
Edited by Tobi#2587 on 11/12/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
SO I tested it now. My Starcraft 2 exactly runs from 1am till 9am. The other games aswell. The router settings are still the same. So i cant figure out, why this happens. I tested it with other computers too. It worked with all of them.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tobi,

Did you change the computer time to see if the game works according to the actual time or the computer time? That will show you where the problem is coming from. If it fails to work outside 1 am - 9 am in real time only, it's the provider. Otherwise, it's something utilizing a schedule setting on the computer causing it.
Reply Quote
Tobi,

You really didn't do or acknowledge doing any of what I asked you to do.

Blizzard forum users in a nut shell.
Reply Quote
So, i changed the computer time, and its not working. So i think its the provider, but i dont know where the problem is coming from.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tobi,

I'd ask them if they're doing anything to your connection outside the hours you see it working. Just tell them what you've done to isolate it to the connection. They may be employing throttling or packet shaping or some kind of maintenance during those off-hours.
Reply Quote
windows update fixed the problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]