Diablo® III

Looking for an mp10 monk

Hi guys, I'm looking for a well-geared and skilled monk interested in mp10 farms. The only thing I'm 100% looking for is overawe, so if that's not your style, not interested. As the game gets more and more repetitive, we look for efficient (and at least fun) ways to spend our time. I play with a fairly large group of well-geared and skilled players who play frequently. It has come to my attention that I really don't know that many top-tier monks although I know you guys exist. In order to efficiently farm mp10, we have decided to look for a monk with something at least close to 200k dps, who uses overawe, and who plays with some frequency.

If any monk is interested in doing some mp10 farms (mostly for fun), just add me and we would love to test out the effect of overawe, marked for death, and multiple damage time bubbles on mp10, with geared and skilled players. If you rarely do anything on mp10 or you have something like 90k dps please don't add me. We are looking for something a bit more specific and I believe the monk forums would be the place to find the monk that we are looking for. Thanks!
Edited by Comatose#1223 on 11/12/2012 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pretty much all monks who play MP 10 are well geared. However, not sure any would want to farm MP 10 but for keys/ubers. Not much point to farm MP 10 for loot.

gl in your search
Reply Quote
I realize this jco, mp10 is not the way to farm to be most efficient for sure. That being said, you have never farmed with us. A high dps monk would give everyone 24% more damage just from overawe and they will not come close to carrying any of the players involved. It's very possible to stack damage boosts from skills like overawe (monk), time warp (wizard), and marked for death (dh). Not only is it possible, it's very efficient. Mp10 offers an incentive with the higher MF as well as the challenge. As I stated initially, its mostly for fun, but why not push the limit u know? A well organized group is capable of substantially boosting the damage for everyone.......this is what we are looking for.

Efficiently farming mp10 is not impossible, and after making over 100 hellfire rings I'm slightly tired of the mp10 uber run routine. If a monk exists looking for something like this just add me and let me know. Although I'm not sure, I would assume that most players capable of running mp10 are sick of the same routine. Speaking for myself, ubers have become exceptionally boring, as has the lower mp "most efficient" farming method. We are just looking to add some ammo to the arsenal if it's available. I'll continue the search until I find an interested monk.
Reply Quote
View profile
You'll definitely notice a HUGE difference in kill speed if you add a monk.

Just to be clear, any monk worth a grain of salt (even one with crap gear like mine lol) won't give your group 24% damage with overawe most of the time.

Good luck in your search :)
Reply Quote
OP

I'm well aware of the buffs supplied by the various classes and play with well geared guys. For me, I don't see any benefit of taking the additional time to farm MP 10 over a lower MP act for a minimal chance at slightly better loot. As far as MP 10 being a challenge, since the nerf to monster damages in MP, particularly MP 10, it hasn't been a challenge, just a grind. In any case, I wish you well in your search and hopefully you find better loot to offset the additional time spent in MP 10.
Reply Quote
Ill be intested in some MP10 fun next week or so... I first want to finish leveling paragon to 100. You can still add me if you want, for future farming.
Reply Quote
bump...I'm interested. will add you when server comes back up.
Reply Quote
I'm interested, but closer to 150k in DPS.

That said I have no problem spamming Overawe most of the time given that I have 6500 armor/1200 resists (keeps the deaths to a minimum as well even on MP10).
Edited by InsuranceGuy#1986 on 11/13/2012 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
InsuranceGuy lol your a skorn monk... you may have the resists and armor but as for damage you really wouldnt do much...
Reply Quote
I'll give it a go around....
Reply Quote
Abit of a hijack...I happen to be looking for monks to farm as well. CM wiz here...granted I cant kill things fast (otherwise I would solo right?) but I will sure make elites alot easier for you guys. I can gear for either perma-freeze (enough for mp10 ubers) or decent freeze with more dps.

Add if interested. Happy to do any MP farming.

Yokies#6303
Reply Quote
If I read your post correctly OP, you want a monk that keeps the 3 second overawe benefit up permanently, and can survive mp10 farming, while doing 190k+ dps?

Get him to throw in exploding palm: the flesh is weak too. 30% of a mob's hp on mp10 is a !@#$ ton of damage. Plus the 12% damage from the rune stacks with dh's mark, if I'm not mistaken.
Edited by Sharenis#6818 on 11/13/2012 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
what SHarenis said. exploding palm + overawe is just pure awsome dmg. I do this setup for my barb friend and he crits for over 2m+ and I dont know what his dmg would be at if you add mark and wizard 20% more dmg.
Reply Quote
i bet all the monks thats over 150k is using overawe !!!
Reply Quote
Hi! usually dont farm MP10, but im interested, almost 200k unbuffed.

I usually play in the nights (23:00 CT). Feel free to add me if you want :)
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 09:39 AMPosted by SuperFreaky
InsuranceGuy lol your a skorn monk... you may have the resists and armor but as for damage you really wouldnt do much...

Funny how you make the assumption that he can't do any damage because he has a Skorn. With my Skorn, I cast Sweeping Winds at roughly 280k dps. Tack on another 12% with SOJ then 30% to elites. Then switch to dual wield, 120k dps + 22% WKL + 30% to elites.

The Skorn allows me to completely destroy MP10, and with 6% LS on it, and cyclones all over the flipping place, I have no problems running with 30k health, 6k armor, and 550 resists.

You really assume somebody using a Skorn can't do damage?

LOL!

Sorry but your information is not correct.
Edited by Kryptoh#1415 on 11/13/2012 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

Funny how you make the assumption that he can't do any damage because he has a Skorn. With my Skorn, I cast Sweeping Winds at roughly 280k dps. Tack on another 12% with SOJ then 30% to elites. Then switch to dual wield, 120k dps + 22% WKL + 30% to elites.

The Skorn allows me to completely destroy MP10, and with 6% LS on it, and cyclones all over the flipping place, I have no problems running with 30k health, 6k armor, and 550 resists.

You really assume somebody using a Skorn can't do damage?

LOL!

Sorry but your information is not correct.

Thank you, I was starting to type up a reply but you pretty much summed up my thoughts!

11/13/2012 09:39 AMPosted by SuperFreaky

Quite comical that someone with 1/3 the elite kills and less DPS than my farming gear would make such a comment.
Edited by InsuranceGuy#1986 on 11/13/2012 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
over 200k dps naturally, over 400k dps buffed for a few seconds. Add me in game if you'd like and we'll see how it goes. I usually don't farm mp10 because of how long it takes.
profile has me listed with the wrong ring, using the hellfire just for the exp atm.
Edited by R1kter#1599 on 11/13/2012 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm interested in adding a few of you and seeing how it works. Just to be clear since there seems to have been some confusion, this thread is not concerned with how difficult, easy, or efficient mp10 is. The purpose is to find a well-geared monk who plays frequently and is willing to support a group with high dps and overawe. After not playing my own monk for months, I won't assume to know which gear is best or good. The only reason I asked for something around 200k dps is that I really believe you need something around there in order to contribute with the people you will be playing with. I'm well aware that a slightly lower dps could be a great monk, so if you are really interested and play more than once a week I'd be happy to add someone like that also. Mainly trying to avoid 100k dps and under players (not because you aren't great players), but because there is 0 way to justify the increase in mob HP that you would add for everyone if you aren't able to do something close to 200k. Thanks again.
Reply Quote
I'm interested...but unsure if you will accept a 129k unbuffed dps monk.

I do run with permanent MOC:Overawe spam which will net you +48% dmg taken by mobs for the whole party, and spam exploding palm on multiple mobs for another 12%.

Current ehp is at about 800k without factoring in dodge.

PS: My profile shows my mp1 farming build so ignore that.

If you want, we can do a trial run and you can decide whether you want to continue running with me or not after that.
Edited by Sharenis#6818 on 11/13/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]