Diablo® III

Tips and Ideas

my monk is pretty decent right now, I need to change out my vile ward for a lightning one and dual wield some good cd/LOH/socket weapons. But even with those changes I dont think I can get close to doing +90k. Is there other things I need to look into? maybe change my build or certain items that are a must for a good monk to have? anything would help me out.
Reply Quote
good jewels. MAybe a godly nat ring with a matching boots? :P
Reply Quote
You could get close to 90K just by adding Dex. Dex is mainly missing from your gloves and jewlery. Most high end Monks eventually go for a Nats ring and boots for the additional 7% Crit Chance since those items also only have good Monk stats.

If you added about 500 Dex to your jewlery and got a solid Nats set, I think you'd be clearing 90K.

Now, a cheaper approach is probably to upgrage your weapon. The life on hit
there is almost negligable, so if you drop that, you can go for a better Crit Damage/Socket weapon. A 1050 DPS weapon with some Dex would probably be enough. You can always look for a LPSS fist if you need the healing.

Do both of these things, and you'd be looking at about 120K DPS.

(Note: I'm posting from my phone and can't check any of the math, but conceptually these things should significantly increase your DPS.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)