Diablo® III

Error 3003

Getting this error every time i try to connect! :S.
Reply Quote
Same here. I was playing halfway and all of a sudden the game crashed. When i tried to re-login, it was the dreaded Error 3003.
Reply Quote
So am I

Help please
Edited by CaptnPlanet#1268 on 11/14/2012 8:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Im getting the same error message when I try to log in to the game... WTF?!
Reply Quote
Glad I'm not the only one.
Reply Quote
same here, error 3003
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Are any or all of you still getting this? I don't see anything going on that would cause it.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Omrakos
Are any or all of you still getting this? I don't see anything going on that would cause it.

I just tried, still have the same problem [error 3003].
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Unparallel,

Are you trying to play from a campus right now? I see you've been on one recently, though you seem to be jumping around from provider to provider.

You might try the steps in this article:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote
Unparallel,

Are you trying to play from a campus right now? I see you've been on one recently, though you seem to be jumping around from provider to provider.

You might try the steps in this article:

Yes, I am currently in a university campus network and there are two different wireless settings. I sometimes switch from one to another, though I didn't have any problem for either before.

I deleted the cache folder, however, the problem remains. :(
Edited by Unparallel#1640 on 11/14/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Unparallel,

I've seen a few reports lately from users connecting from campuses having difficulties. We don't do anything different here that would keep a school from connecting but it's not inconceivable schools are seeing the games as using peer to peer and blocking them per their security policies.

You can try changing the launcher downloader preferences to disable peer to peer if it's enabled.

Before hitting Play, select Options at the top and then Downloader Preferences. You'll see the option there for whether peer to peer is enabled or not.
Reply Quote
I just started to get this problem today, an interesting note is, I can connect to the Asia and Europe servers just fine..
Reply Quote
Unparallel,

I've seen a few reports lately from users connecting from campuses having difficulties. We don't do anything different here that would keep a school from connecting but it's not inconceivable schools are seeing the games as using peer to peer and blocking them per their security policies.

You can try changing the launcher downloader preferences to disable peer to peer if it's enabled.

Before hitting Play, select Options at the top and then Downloader Preferences. You'll see the option there for whether peer to peer is enabled or not.

Tried it, no luck.

Maybe the university has blocked certain ports that are required for connecting to battle.net. When I tried to ping Battle.net (12.129.242.30), every time it timed out.
Reply Quote
I also started receiving the 3003 error this afternoon. I was able to connect with TWC at home around 9am PST. This afternoon, around 2:30pm, I attempted to log in on campus and am getting the 3003 error during the "Connect to Battle.net Server" operation of Server Authentication. This is on the same machine I used to play this morning.

I tried three different campus networks, Ethernet and two WiFi, which worked fine yesterday. I deleted the cache and disabled the p2p connection but that was ineffective. I tried connecting to the Europe and Asia severs as Evileyes suggested -- Europe works consistently; Asia gave me 3003 for a while and now I get a 33 (server down).

On one attempt the launcher tried to download something and hung at 97.8% with 263KB left to download. I'm not sure what it was trying to download as every other run said the game was up to date. It hung there until the speed dropped to 0bps so I closed it and tried again. I'm getting game up to date every time now but still the 3003 error.

Update 5:50pm -
Campus IT confirmed that there were no policy changes or port restrictions in the last 48 hours, so if it worked yesterday it should work today.
Edited by Jouledax#1642 on 11/14/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
yes, I played yesterday night without any problem, and I have never got any log in error3003 before. However, this morning when I tried to log in, it shows Error 3003.

I am using a university network... Glad, there is not only me has these kind of issue.. Hope blizzard will fix this as soon as possible. Thanks!
Reply Quote
same here

I cannot login since lunch from campus network
Reply Quote
So am I.

I can login Asian server but not American server.

Everything was going well until today. I didn't change any thing.

Looks like some detail changes from the last update.

I also have tried the steps in the article mentioned above and re-installed the client for twice.

Looking forward to be able to login soon.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Are any of you running any Cisco software provided by the school and if so, has your university recently updated or pushed an update to your pc recently?
Reply Quote
My university does use cisco software but they haven't pushed any updates recently. There have been no changes to my computer in the last 60 hours but I suddenly can't log into the Americas server
Reply Quote
Nope try again! Appreciate the effort. Are you certain it is on the university end?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]