Diablo® III

Where/who to report fake emails f blizzard

So im at work today and get an email saying from blizzard, Something about my account breaking rules, it's been locked and that Im to follow this link and confirm my login details. The login looked exactly like the login to forums. At first after alot of swearing i noticed eu was in the link, thinking that's weird i backed out of the page without entering in any info. Where can I forward this email link, I want these scumbags caught if that's at all possible. Im assuming i open a support ticket and do it that way, I just don't want it falling through the cracks and forgotten or whatever. Thanks to those that post.

PS. No my account is NOT locked, and everything seems as it should.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
HateBreeder,

If you have one of the following email providers or know how to obtain the header information from the email you received, please follow the instructions below.

Hotmail

1. Click on Options at the top of the screen
2. It will say Personal, Mail, Calendar, Contacts. Click on the Mail button.
3. Under Mail Options please click Mail Display Settings.
4. Then you will need to select Advanced under the part where it says Message Headers.
5. That should cause the header information to pop up. This will look like several lines of text that may not make any sense.
6. Forward the "scam email" directly to Hacks@Blizzard.com and copy/paste all the information that came up into the bottom of the email. Please make sure to forward the original scam email and not send a new one.

Hotmail (Windows Live)

1. Open your email in Internet Explorer (this will not work with other browsers)
2. In the left pane, click Mail.
3. In the Folders list, click Inbox.
4. Right-click the message in the message list, and then click View source.
5. That should cause the header information to pop up. This will look like several lines of text that may not make any sense.
6. Forward the "scam email" directly to Hacks@Blizzard.com and copy/paste all the information that came up into the bottom of the email. Please make sure to forward the original scam email and not send a new one.

Yahoo

1. Sign into your yahoo account and view the email.
2a. If you have your email set to the All-New mail, there will be a Compact header option at the top right when you are viewing the email, click on this and select Full header to show a popup box with the full header information.
2b. If you are using Yahoo Classic mail, there will be a Full Headers link in the lower right of the Email, this will reload the email and display the full header information for the email.
3. Forward the "scam email" directly to Hacks@Blizzard.com and copy/paste all the header information that came up in the email or in the header pop-up box, and add this to the top of the forwarded email. Please make sure to forward the original scam email and not send a new one.

Gmail

1. Open the email by double clicking on it
2. In the top right corner of the email (not the website, just the email), it should say Hide Details, The date, Reply and then there should be a small arrow pointing down. Click the down arrow.
3. That should have brought down a menu, please click the "show original" option, Then click on show original
4. That should cause the header information to pop up. This will look like several lines of text that may not make any sense.
5. Forward the "scam email" directly to Hacks@Blizzard.com and copy/paste all the information that came up into the bottom of the email. Please make sure to forward the original scam email and not send a new one.

If you do not have one of the listed providers but are still able to obtain the header information, please send that information along with the original email directly to Hacks@Blizzard.com. While we cannot guarantee a response, we can assure you it will be read.
Reply Quote
Thanks Omrakos, I will follow up with that asap. Thanks for your time.

Ps: ah crap! Im sorry about the all caps title, didn't mean that.
Edited by HateBreeder#1984 on 11/14/2012 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]