Diablo® III

Add Follower Armor

89 Night Elf Druid
In Diablo 2 we were only able to give our followers armor and weapons, Diablo 3 it is now opposite we can only give them weapons and jewelry. I think it would be really cool if we can give them weapons, jewelry, armor and the follower class relic, token, and focus. One more thing I think would be kind cool is, each class of followers gets either a relic, token, or focus; I think it would be cool to add something like that to each character class. I know it sounds like alot but maybe you can build upon the idea.

I really like the things you added to the game for materials. For example, being able upgrade my armor faster without having to wait for level 30 items to make the shimmering essence for blacksmithing.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1

I agree, I thought in Diablo 3 we would be able to customize our henchmen more... not less. I think the armor they wear should also change the way they look and you should be able to dye it just like your own.
Reply Quote
+1 for sure
Reply Quote
Agreed.

Pre-1.0.5. I said in a few threads that we should be able to give them armors and stuff, even if Blizzard would have to reduce their stats and stuff ( followers would have been OP as hell with a full suit and 2.5 x stats bonus ).

But now, with monster power.. I feel like followers would be on par with a full set of gear and the stat bonus.

I mean, my DH has like 180k damage with sharpshooter and some extra health monsters still take me a while to take down.
My enchantress has 7k damage...
Might as well be '0'.

I know followers offer us more than just DPS, but still, their damage should not be completely worthless. Armors would fix that.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I completely agree as well. My only problem with this is I have enough trouble gearing up my one toon without hanging out in the AH. They would need a serious increase in loot drops or just make stats roll that are logical on items. Don't think any class out there needs strength and intelligence on top of thorns and health globe increase.
Reply Quote
Remember in Diablo2 pre LoD you couldn't even equip you're followers (mercenaries) but when teh expansion came out (LoD) it then allowed you to equip your followers with gear etc... I'm hoping when they release an expansion for D3 that they will include cool stuff like being able to fully equip your followers with gear and lots of other fun stuff.. ^_^
Reply Quote
I think we need to know what stats benefit the followers too, at least I have no clue what to stack, and having little gear options to explore gives me an even harder time. Plus adding full gear sets allows the player more things to do, and keep us entertained, which was a huge complaint at launch.
Reply Quote
+1 customizing armour for follower will make me wanna play more, besides, follower only accompany u on single player. blizz shud really consider this.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1 and sticky

Followers really arent worth the time and money to put into them, with only 5 equipment slots (6 for temp) there really isnt much to do with them. I'd like to see a full inventory there so they can actually be beneficial. I run MP 7 a lot, and enchantress does help some, but shes got like 9k DPS (OHHHHHHH 9K ERMAGERD, right?) and dies very quickly.

They dont have to have the actual gear equipped to show, I frankly could not care, but hey some people like that stuff and I think it would be pretty cool (but somewhat potentially confusing if you gear them very similarly to yours...I HAVE A CLONE)
Edited by Souljah11#1199 on 11/19/2012 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have been thinking about this exact thing for a while now and I have a great idea.
Since most of us are to a point where we kill monsters so fast your followers are just there for magic/gold find boosts and a hellfire ring for 7% bonus exp.

How about this! All followers can now be equipped with a bracer.
Templars (who use strength as primary attribute) can wear Shoulders and Belts (which can roll up to 300 strength).
Enchantress (who uses intelligence) can wear Helmet and gloves (which can roll up to 300 int)
Scoundrel (who uses dexterity) can wear Chest and Boots (which can roll up to 300 dex).

This would allow us to get more MF/GF out of them for those of us not at 100 Paragon but also help boost their damage significantly, but also add more of a market for good quality items that don't have perfect rolls, but can still be used on our followers!
Reply Quote
The compromises are silly. Just open them up to full armor sets just like players. Then allow Templars to use Barb specific gear (mighty weapons etc), Enchantress wear Wizard stuff, and Scoundrel DH specific items.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I agree, I would like to amout them and play them in all games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]