Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Hard Locking PC

Hey All,

So this has been happening for ever, i figured it was just an issue that would be fixed as the game matured but its still plaging me like arcane sentries so I figured i'd post here and see if anyone has any ideas.

I can play D3 for hours on end some days with no issues, other days I will login and get hard locks endlessly and just give up on the game. When the hard locks occur the sound will sort of loop on the last noise, and the screen will lock up, and my only option is to hold the power button in untill my pc restarts.

I've had these locks happen in game at the first pack i've tried to attack, and while fighting.
The most memorable ones are during or after killing a champ pack or boss with 5 stacks of valor, since when i log back in im back to zero.

The locks only seem to occur when I play solo, if i play with my normal group we chat on skype at the same time and i haven't had a crash for last 2 weeks doing that.

playing solo i might have a lucky night and get 1 or 2 key runs in before a crash, or most likely i'll crash sometime while getting stacks of valor.

At the moment the only way i've been able to get Solo play stable is to have a download running slowly in the background. this makes me think the issue is network related.

I'm running a Windows 7 on a Core i7 2600k, 8GB Ram, Nvidia GTX570, 120GB SDD for OS.
I've tried running the game in full screen with low settings, windowed mode and every level of detail.

I'm using the latest Nvidia video drivers, realtek ethernet drivers, and Intel Inf drivers.

I've tried disabling Anti Virus and closing all other apps, doesn't seem to make any difference

I can play other well know games, (FPS's, RTS', Racing Sims etc) for hours on end with no problems, Diablo is the only piece of software causing me issues

Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
Identical issue here. Can't figure out what the hell it is!!
Reply Quote
I had 4 or 5 of these crashes last night in about 90 minutes playing... did manage to kill 1 key warden in that time (yay) crashed between 1 and 3 valor stacks the other times tho.

I'd just deal with this if i dont lose my valor stacks when i logged back in, but since i cant even get 5 stacks and kill a warden before each crash its kinda pointless even trying to play solo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]