Diablo® III

5 GREAT IMPROVEMENTS that take 5 mins to code

+1
OP is genius. Hire this guy
+1
Blizzard should implement your ideas suggested.
I like 1 and 2, but 3 seems like failure to understand how useful dex/int/str and the secondary stat bonus actually can be. for example;

100 int is effectively 10 all res, so it can take an item past 80 all res, and works out to be as effective point for point as bonus armor.

the first 500 dex gets any player to 20% dodge, useless vs certain abilities, true, but it can stop you taking hits while mediating that damage you cant dodge.

str is just armor bonus. unless your a barb. so 200str is the same as + 200 armor

These bonuses are regardless of the class you play. Like I said already if you do the math a non primary stat is as useful defensively as bonus armor property point for point and often cheaper in the AH since no one seems to value them the same as bonus armor.
+1

Number 2 probably requires only scripting
+1
+1

Would like to see these changes happen!
At OP:

what is so bad about the enchantress? Other than her nonstop chatter and crappy fake accent...
+1
you have a sexy brain :O
blizz gogo
10/31/2012 03:30 AMPosted by QARocks
I think another easy fix would be to add the +/- stat info to the AH screen, so you can see if it's worth buying that item.

This thread is full of so much WIN.

And this is another reason I dislike the AH >.<

Scoundrel is way more fun to have around than that brain-dead enchantress anyway ^.^

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Agreed on #2

My solutions would take more effort to code
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004012288
10/31/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Brygo
1) Fix the dead legendaries by giving them an additional affix.

Disagree. Not all legendaries are created equal, and it is intentional. Blizzard wants everyone - even the guy who plays once every 3 weeks - to have a shot at feeling epic. "Bad" legendaries are cheap, and are thus more available to everyone. Also, "bad" means different things to different people. Would it HURT to make all legendaries potentially awesome? No. But I understand why they are designed the way they are.

2) Add more monster density to Act 1 and Act 2.

Sure, why not.

3) Add new benefits for non-main item stats. Ones that people can get excited about.

Eh, I dunno. By putting useless stats on items, Blizzard is effectively making good stat-items better. I wouldn't complain if something like this were added, but I don't feel it is necessary.

4) Make the sorceress shut up.

You can already do this by turning speech volume down. Of course, you won't hear ANY speech at that point, but I daresay you won't really miss it.

5) Never allow two identical items on the AH at once...

Are people really so afraid of "duping"? Posts above already explain why this is a bad idea, anyway.
Edited by R2C2#1498 on 10/31/2012 6:11 AM PDT
@R2C2

Not all legendaries are created equal? You are right. But there's a difference between a legendary being 'middle of the pack' and one being 'dead on arrival'.

When somebody drops a Skorn -- as I did this week -- my eyes light up with excitement. When I drop a 'middle of the pack' legendary like an Inna belt, I'm still excited to roll it. But too many legendaries are literally not worth picking up, since they are brimstone almost for sure. THOSE are the ones that need to be fixed. We can't have DOA legendaries. It is a game mechanic flaw.

Plus, users are correct that Skorn and EF have pretty much monopolized the 1H Weapon group. It's better when there are several great options. Look at Chest Armor -- there are a lot of great options there. I use Blackthorn on my Barb. Some would use Tyrael (even more would use it if there were no MS cap). Obviously many use IK. But that selection of many great options is what makes it a really cool slot to equip...
@R2C2

Not all legendaries are created equal? You are right. But there's a difference between a legendary being 'middle of the pack' and one being 'dead on arrival'.

When somebody drops a Skorn -- as I did this week -- my eyes light up with excitement. When I drop a 'middle of the pack' legendary like an Inna belt, I'm still excited to roll it. But too many legendaries are literally not worth picking up, since they are brimstone almost for sure. THOSE are the ones that need to be fixed. We can't have DOA legendaries. It is a game mechanic flaw.
OK, but what's DOA? When I first hit 60, pretty much every legendary looked better than what I had, and that was before the buffs.

I have a 3 legendaries I've looted that are effectively useless to any of my characters. If my buddy were to get off his lazy butt and level up another character, though, I could give them to him and he would get some use out of them.
The OP must not be much of a software engineer if he thinks these are 5-minute fixes. Yeah, it might take 5-minutes for a code monkey to bang it out on a keyboard, but this is obviously not considering the dozens of hours of testing, balancing, and bug fixing that will follow.
Edited by MountainMan#1630 on 10/31/2012 11:15 AM PDT
@MountainMan

Dozens of hours of testing? Big deal.

Some of these changes would add SIGNIFICANT re-playability to the game, perhaps more re-playability than the entire Hellfire quest that took months to code.

Can you imagine if farming Act 1 became viable again? Can you imagine if there were suddenly ten 1H weapons that were viable -- so that Echoing Fury wasn't the only build?

These would make vast improvements, and be super simple to change. That's the point of this post...

Blizzard has the power to greatly improve the game with some very small changes.
Number 3 is actually the best idea I think just like in D2 dex increased block chance so hdin pallets needed a certain dex to have max block
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]