Diablo® III

5 GREAT IMPROVEMENTS that take 5 mins to code

View profile
11/01/2012 01:25 PMPosted by BennyHill
I agree with monster density. I litterally avoid 4-6 monsters pack jus so I can get to the ''meaty'' ones. The satisfaction of plowing through 30+ monsters is what Diablo is all about imo.

It would seem they could (should have) be able to incrementally up the monster density with MP levels.
I am all for upping monster density. When I login to play at night, without thinking, I click public games, Siegebreaker, annnnnnd, grind again. I'm enjoying it regardless, but it would be great to grind in another Act.
View profile
11/01/2012 01:32 PMPosted by BurningRope
As a software engineer, you should know that nothing takes 5 minutes

FACE

meet

PALM

Would you dolts get over the "5 minutes" thing. It was already explained (as if it had to be) that he was taking literary license in the title of his thread. "5 minutes" wan't his actual professional analysis of the exact amount of time it would take.....JESUS.....how dense are you people?

He was just giving reasonable suggestions that are, in fact, relatively simple game experience embellishments by way of fudging the numbers. How old (young) are you guys?

Gee I dont' know, how young or old are you for using less than positive ways for someone to explain their legit positions ?

There is always a way to respond, without using FLAMES ;)

cu
cuJAI
View profile

Gee I dont' know, how young or old are you for using less than positive ways for someone to explain their legit positions ?

There is always a way to respond, without using FLAMES ;)

cu
cuJAI

Age has much to do with my penchant for a burning refrain, sir. Asking nicely twice, having explained it several times.....as I did with my child, the voice grows sharp, fast.

Instead of criticizing the OP's ideas, many have thought to show how very clever they are by displaying skepticism over the accuracy of "5 minutes".
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 11/1/2012 2:07 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Hunter
opinions not solutions. I could think of 10 things to counter each of OP's posts and how they would ruin this perfectly fine game. Figure out a way to fix RMAH and i'll give you a cookie
Edited by gerbs#1845 on 11/1/2012 2:01 PM PDT
11/01/2012 01:34 PMPosted by BurningRope
incrementally up the monster density with MP levels

Great idea, that would make the higher MP levels "feel" more epic too, instead of "the same but with higher damage/life"
Bump
Love the ideas man, couldn't agree more on all except one. That is having Intelligence increase MF/GF. I can see this being a community issue when WD/WZ need no MF/GF gear because their Int is so high. Also how would you have it work with the gear MF/GF cap? At higher paragon levels it could become insanely overpowered or completely useless depending on that.
I would make it so that it has a slightly higher value to all resists instead of the MF/GF along with the rest of your suggestions.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Love the ideas man, couldn't agree more on all except one. That is having Intelligence increase MF/GF. I can see this being a community issue when WD/WZ need no MF/GF gear because their Int is so high. Also how would you have it work with the gear MF/GF cap? At higher paragon levels it could become insanely overpowered or completely useless depending on that.
I would make it so that it has a slightly higher value to all resists instead of the MF/GF along with the rest of your suggestions.

another example of how 1 idea is countered. If you can counter 1 of his ideas you could counter them all. Why? THEY ARE OPINIONS. OPINIONS NOT PROBLEMS.
As a software engineer, not one of these is a quick fix.

1- you obviously do not understand the complexity behind validating items in this game. If it was as simple as you suggest then there would not be legacy and new legendaries... they are different entries because the validation is different. It would require making another legacy category. Not an easy fix.

2 - adding more monster density is not some magic setting... it would require taking into account the dynamic nature of the maps and act 2 already has issues with elites spawning close together often. once again not a quick fix.

3 - not a quick fix either, as it would take months to design a somewhat balanced system. I like the idea and have suggested it myself, but suggesting it is some magic quick fix is ignorant, and I am not sure the added complexity would be good for the average player.

4 - yeah this should probably something you should be able to control in options, not five minutes but not difficult either.

5 - If you have not observed it item naming is based somewhat on the stats it rolls as well as the item type. Identical items do drop. There is another issue (which I have not seen in a while) but has happened to me numerous times where 2 monsters in the same zone will drop the exact same item, it was never a good item... but the same item either way. And with millions of people getting random items all the time, duplicates are bound to happen on a semi frequent basis even without strange double drop glitches.

still not an easy fix, and should be labeled find and remove item dupe glitches, not this dumb ah limitation you are suggesting.

You obviously have not been in software long or are not very good at it.
+1
1- you obviously do not understand the complexity behind validating items in this game. If it was as simple as you suggest then there would not be legacy and new legendaries... they are different entries because the validation is different. It would require making another legacy category. Not an easy fix.

2 - adding more monster density is not some magic setting... it would require taking into account the dynamic nature of the maps and act 2 already has issues with elites spawning close together often. once again not a quick fix.

3 - not a quick fix either, as it would take months to design a somewhat balanced system. I like the idea and have suggested it myself, but suggesting it is some magic quick fix is ignorant, and I am not sure the added complexity would be good for the average player.

1) The new Legendaries had many changes -- some of them involving graphical changes or new game concepts. Simply adding one more to the random attributes is entirely different.

2) This is a good point, but I'm not asking for a bunch of new Elites -- it's the white mobs we need more of. The Halls of Agony are basically empty... throw in some large skeleton mobs, this isn't that hard a change.

3) You are way wrong here. "Months of design to make a balanced system" is hogwash. These would be small changes, not wholesale redesign. And so far they get a "D+" for balance in this game, so maybe less thinking is what the doctor ordered.
11/01/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Lifeblood

No, the only reason there are legacy legendaries is because they didn't want to globally change everyone's legendary items. Their reasoning was that some new legendaries might actually be undesirable for some people. For example, Andariel's Visage had a "+x% fire damage taken" affix added to it. There is a blue post about this somewhere.
yeah i think all legend weapons should include sockets always... and i'd like crit damage to be mandatory as well.... or at the very least have a random roll affix but that removes the chance for some of the crappier rolls that would be unnecessary and worthless.

But i agree... they need to spend an entire week going over current legendaries and make all legendaries have a chance to be godly.... Who would prefer frostburn gloves over gloves that roll mainstat+trifecta? or hell mainstat and 1 out of the 3 trifecta is better than frosturne.

I also would like those lower level legendaries to be able to roll in infernal at 60+ or whatever the moster level is. Like on borderlands 2.5 playthrough old gear still drops at high level thus still being usefull later on.

I don't think that all rolls should be good -- this afternoon I rolled a very poor Echoing Fury. I'm ok with that. Most legendaries won't be very exciting.

But every LVL63 legendary should have a CHANCE to be godly.
View profile
As a software engineer, not one of these is a quick fix.

You obviously have not been in software long or are not very good at it.

ahhh....the internet.....where everyone is either Chuck Norris or a software pro.

Stop being so lame.
I agree completely. Especially number 3
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]