Diablo® III

5 GREAT IMPROVEMENTS that take 5 mins to code

#1 YES!!!
#2 YES YES!!! I was just saying this to my friend on Saturday. I like the Cathedral environments but there is simply too much hallway/monster density.
#3 YES!!! super cool and it would be hardly a balance issue plus there's no reason a player should HATE getting a massive amount of an off stat.
I didn't read the whole discussion so forgive me if this is a repeat, but I would love to see monster density an option just like monster power. It would be especially awesome if you were playing multilayer.
I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that off stats should offer more of an incentive or more than just the obvious supplementary effects. Monster density? Hell yes.

The anti-duping idea: guids not sure on, but anyway the comparing when posting in the AH and identical item destruction are nice touches. Just eat one item in the case of destruction. For the three people this will affect legitimately over the course of a year, I apologize immensely and you have my sincerest condolences.
THIS is the kind of post a BLUE needs to answer.

not posts about WD costumes and raps about D3, post that concern changes a large number of players want to see in gameplay.

I agree with just about all it. Unfortunately I feeling Blizz isnt stupid and they know these changes would help gameplay and they aren't doing it for some reason. it simply doesn't make sense that players could think of SO many improvements and Blizz cant? They have players there too.
View profile
the stats having other attributes /effects on a per class basis might be a decent idea to work with. but i think in this case, it would just be something ended up benefitting the barb class more than others, and i still think the barb is already OP.

your ideas of what they could do were also presented as "benefit the barb"
if they COULD implement that, there would have to be enough boosts to other classes for off-stats as well.
i would think INT - shorter cd's like 0.05 seconds per 10 int or maybe increase resource pool 10 uint = 1 fury/spirit/mana /hatred (possibly not to casters since its mainstat)

in order to have a little balance control, they would probably have to restrict classes to not gaining extra benefit from their mainstat, but adding benefit to other classes that it is not mainstat for. this could then make some items viable for other classes.

str - damage modifier to non barb classes . say, 10 st = +1 dmg modifier to min or max dmg

dex, as you suggested, maybe movement speed or attack speed. (being fair since main is a monk, id say monks and DH's dont benefit as it is the mainstat.

Str is soley a barb stat (mainstat) where wiz/WD share int and DH/monk share dex.

stands to reason either a 6th class should be introduced using STR, or Str should be more beneficial to non barb classes.

thats my input, but otherwise i like the original post ideas.
With our luck and the way Blizzard operates they would increase the monster density with running away mobs.
10/31/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Fingerling
With our luck and the way Blizzard operates they would increase the monster density with running away mobs.

LOL -- seriously...

Just give us more scorpions and skeletons (except the ones with big axes).
THIS is the kind of post a BLUE needs to answer.

not posts about WD costumes and raps about D3, post that concern changes a large number of players want to see in gameplay.

I agree with just about all it. Unfortunately I feeling Blizz isnt stupid and they know these changes would help gameplay and they aren't doing it for some reason. it simply doesn't make sense that players could think of SO many improvements and Blizz cant? They have players there too.

I agree that a blue needs to post a reply. I like all of these suggestions and assuming the OP knows what he's talking about, they should really put this into effect sooner rather than later. Thankfully we have the new PTR so there really is nothing to lose...
Yes! Excellent ideas! All of them. I love the secondary stats having more of an impact, it would add so much more depth and versatility.
Also, ALL Legendaries NEED at least +1 random affix. I understand wanting to have them unique and separate from Rares that only have random stats, but a little variation is needed.
Edited by TheCure#1674 on 10/31/2012 4:09 PM PDT
I like your ideas Brygo.

Good opening post.

My fav is the monster density.

Maybe it could be tied in with MP.

10% increase per MP level; so at MP 10 you would have 100% increase---Double the monsters.

Maybe reduce the HP's of monsters a bit to make it viable.
Well thought out post, +1!
Posted by Fingerling

LOL -- seriously...

Just give us more scorpions and skeletons (except the ones with big axes).

Better than Fanatic Maniacs? xD
i must say i like all the options. so sick of worthless legenderies droping and having to use the same gear as everyone else. like ik set and vile ward.

also the bigger impact non primary skills have on a build would make it really intresting unlike it is now.

cc cd ias strenght vit all res ms. thats pretty much it for my barb. id like to be able to mix in some other stats.
These are all so good. Granted I doubt blizzard will implement all of them, but even if they implement 1, any side from the enchantress one, it'll help greatly improve quality of gaming.
damn dude..you're my hero..i know the game is suck at first..literally..made me missed D2 so much..but then there's 105..which is nice..but still..i thought about D2 once in a while..but if the make it this way..i forget comparing D2 with D3..
10/31/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Wolyeon
These are all so good. Granted I doubt blizzard will implement all of them, but even if they implement 1, any side from the enchantress one, it'll help greatly improve quality of gaming.

Thanks, I appreciate all the positive feedback from users who like these ideas.

While I regret being so literal in calling the post "5 mins to code", these are all changes that could be made very quickly, and with very few development resources.

I can't imagine very many people will have a problem with them - they are all upside.

And, yes, a few trolls have made fun of me or tried to play devils advocate here, but for the most part, everyone would love the game a lot more with these "5 easy changes".
BTW, is it rude to bump your own post?
All excellent ideas and I hope they are seriously considered by Blizzard.
+1 for sure... number 4 is the reason I play with the sound off now... she is so annoying. really hope someone from Blizzard is listening.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]