Diablo® III

Infinite Tempest Rush?

I am trying to make an infinite Tempest Rush for fun. I have my spirit regen up to 9.9 per second, and since the cost per second is 10 per second, I should be able to go on (almost) forever. But that's not what happened to me; from full spirit of 250, that only lasted for 30 seconds or so. Does anyone know why?
Reply Quote
I think it has something to do with your attacks per second. Try a 2 hander with sub 1 APS (schroeders hammer is AWESOME for TR builds; In my experience.).

Can you do infinite with northern breeze rune?
Reply Quote
tempest rush eats 10 spirit per second times your attack speed

you have 1.716 attack speed
so it consumes 17.16 spirit per second
Reply Quote
mantra = 3
SW = 3
passive = 3 + 35%. (yeah 2handler is better for TR)
spirit/sec on helm (what's the max?)
Where else can we have more regen? I want to build one TR for fun too :D

TR around to lure them together, then dropping the bell. Very satisfying ;)
Reply Quote
mantra = 3
SW = 3
passive = 3 + 35%. (yeah 2handler is better for TR)
spirit/sec on helm (what's the max?)
Where else can we have more regen? I want to build one TR for fun too :D

TR around to lure them together, then dropping the bell. Very satisfying ;)

xephirian amulet
Stone of Jordan
Legacy Stone of Jordan (you can wear both at the same time)
and of course spirit stones + weapons.
Reply Quote
just make sure your spirit regen is > 10x your attack speed, and you're there.
Reply Quote
Templar skill Inspire: 12% spirit regeneration.
Reply Quote
Thank you very much, everyone! I totally missed the APS thing.

I just thought that two one-handed weapons would give me more spirit, also because I have no passives left for Guardian's Path. So it turns out that the APS from dual-wield that kills me!

I did use my Templar. I also tried Northern Breeze, but without the 25% increased movement speed... it just doesn't feel the same.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 11:04 AMPosted by bluefusion

No.

the 12% is only applied to spirit generator SKILLS. for example, u gain 6 x 1.12 from thnderclap instead of 6.

sad and misleading, right?
Reply Quote
Thanks to your question, I did a full test. Here are the numbers:

Without templar and mantra:

I have 4.14 from equipment, 1 from Exalted Soul, giving 5.14.
With Guardian Path, it goes up to 6.93 = 5.14 ( 1 + 35%). So Guardian's Path counts exalted soul.
With Mantra (w/ Chant of Resonance of course), it goes up to 9.63 = 6.93 + 2 (1 + 35%), which means Guardian's Path counts Mantra as well.

Note that the pre-Guardian regen is just 4.14 + 1 + 2 = 7.14.

Then I add the templar, it becomes 10.49 = 9.63 + 7.14 x 12%.

That means (TLDR) the templar counts equipment, Exalted Soul and Chant of Resonance, but does not multiply with Guardian's Path.

This is consistent the general mechanics that +% applies on all fixed bonuses, but two +%'s only add, not multiply.
Edited by DoonDoon#1537 on 11/3/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
tempest rush eats 10 spirit per second times your attack speed

you have 1.716 attack speed
so it consumes 17.16 spirit per second

something they really need to fix across all classes is this. except maybe barb... they already have shown they like barb so much they did it already. anyway though all they have to do is the same fix they did with them and everything would be cool. it would normalize the way resources are spent with low vs high attack speeds.

Whirlwind
-Fury cost from 16 to 10
-Attack speed no longer influences the cost of Whirlwind. The end result is that the cost discrepancy between slow weapons and fast weapons has been greatly reduced.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 08:18 PMPosted by HuntingFox

No.

the 12% is only applied to spirit generator SKILLS. for example, u gain 6 x 1.12 from thnderclap instead of 6.

sad and misleading, right?

No, it works the same way as Guardian's path. If you have 0 spirit regen, then it does nothing (1.12 x 0 is still 0). However if you have ANY spirit regen, the templar increases that regeneration by 12%.

Try it for yourself. Use Mantra of Healing - Circular breathing without the templar. Then add the templar and watch your spirit regen go up.
Reply Quote
edit: by the gods! it jumped me from 8.16 to a whopping 8.89!

ok, templar does improve spirit regen.

hes no replacement for path of guardian, though.
Edited by HuntingFox#6284 on 11/4/2012 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]