Diablo® III

How to get rid of Staff of herding recipes?

So I find myself with a staff of herding recipe in my inventory, I can't use it (Already have it) can't drop it, and I can't sell it. What can I do to get rid of it?
Reply Quote
Create a level one character, give the plans to said character, then delete said character.
Reply Quote
lol at least the infernal machine recipes stack up.. for some reason my staff of herding recipe doesnt.. so each recipe takes up space lmao
Reply Quote
Easiest way I've found (and maybe I'm just silly) is to open a window with an NPC item vendor and then right click the plans. This will "sell" them to the vendor for 1 gold, it's difficult certainly but doable.
Reply Quote
My friend risking of being sarcastic, you are so intelligent, and you should stop commenting...you know that stupid instinct that make you comment even if there is no need to do so? Keep it in cage :)

If it was so easy nobody would have asked mate
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The Staff of Herding recipe is currently bugged, so it's kind of difficult to get rid of (i.e. put the recipe in your stash, create a new character, move the item to the new character's inventory, and then delete the character). We've already got a fix planned, though, that will allow you to drop the item on the ground or "sell" it for 0 gold to a vendor.
Reply Quote
B> Staff of herding plans!! Too lazy to do quest.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Lylirra
The Staff of Herding recipe is currently bugged, so it's kind of difficult to get rid of (i.e. put the recipe in your stash, create a new character, move the item to the new character's inventory, and then delete the character). We've already got a fix planned, though, that will allow you to drop the item on the ground or "sell" it for 0 gold to a vendor.

Why does it have to sell for 0 gold? Why not make it.. not entirely useless?
Reply Quote
make a new character,
put plan there,
delete
profit
Reply Quote

Ah thanks for that idea, I was trying to figure out how to get rid of my extra one.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Goukisan

Why does it have to sell for 0 gold? Why not make it.. not entirely useless?

Agreed. The drop is difficult, why not make it be sellable for 1.000 or even more (5k, 10k)? It won't break the economy and I can't see anyone farming it for profit.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Belden
Create a level one character, give the plans to said character, then delete said character.

That's brilliant except when you have every slot occupied :/

Thanks for the fix. But why not 1 gold like the keys? It's legendary! :)
Reply Quote
how about you get 1 neph valor for selling it..
Reply Quote
+1. But make it sell for gold.
Reply Quote
dangit people keep trying to get rid of it while im still trying to get mine...
Reply Quote
could we at least have some gold for the plans? we did find it legit and i think selling it for at least some gold would reward us for finding it.
Reply Quote
Sell 1000 Gold better ... since we keep it in our inventory so long ...
Reply Quote
Twoeruy.
Reply Quote
I don't know why, seems to me one drops every other run.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]