Diablo® III

The Real Problem With Reflect Damage

This still doesnt make sense though, lol
Reply Quote
reflect damage is an old, tired control mechanic in diablo that is a hindrance to many funky builds out there.

it always tempts you to look for lifesteal affix on your next weapon upgrade making it ALMOST mandatory, it has become a 1 for 1 stat for me i.e no lifesteal = massive RD problems

since if I am feeling that way, millions of d3 players feel that way too and hence the incredible price jump of 2 similar weps with and without ls

even iron maiden was never as cocky as reflect damage since IM has a duration to expiry, and incredible audio+visual cues advising you to be cautious.
Reply Quote
Posted by ZRaiyne
Another strange thing is that once yesterday at an MP0 public game, i encountered a mob that upon hitting once with seismic slam i died instantaneously at full health. If at MP0 that happens then my above statements proves to be null and void. lol.

My damage has been consistent in all my tests; my barbs AOE Seismic slam hits for 750k-950k Crit Damage. Buffed im at 500 AR, 9500 Armor, 30k HP, 1300 passive regen, 3% life steal.

Noob LULZ L"P
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 12/9/2012 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
in my experience minions reflect dmg is far more dangerous than their master or blue champ packs or seigebreaker
Reply Quote
Not all reflect damage packs are equal, but I don't know why. Since I use only life steal and no LoH, both the damage reflected and the damage healed should be proportional in all cases, regardless of number of targets, but this is not the case. Sometime I can attack 3+ targets and not lose health, other times my health drops so quickly I have to back off.
Reply Quote
I only died of RD because I did not have a button to command my minions to stop/back to me.
Reply Quote
It looks like blizzard found the problem with this. However, i am still curious as to why I can never reproduce the problem.
Reply Quote
It looks like blizzard found the problem with this. However, i am still curious as to why I can never reproduce the problem.

Ah, I just looked for and found the blue post after I read that. It's about time they tested and found the issue with the Minons and the Health Link. I have no idea why you couldn't reproduce the problem though. Maybe D3 likes you better than us. haha, I dunno.
Reply Quote
I switched to Archon and the problem I was having with spiky damage went completely away--but the one death I had in about 12 Alkaiser runs was due to RD on a minon pack. (And me being stupid to be fair--I just needed to wiggle my butt to pickup some health globes but wasn't paying attention to my health until it was too late.)
Reply Quote
Bump for accuracy.

OP is correct.

I farm regularly on MP7 like its a joke. The yellow elites I can single target high DPS skill down while gaining life easily on 6% lifesteal.
I can do the same for blues, even while standing in any pool they can sling at me, arcane sentries, dese, plague, all at once, np.

Hit a RD minion of any type a few times and im running like a baby.

Guys, Blues have already confirmed there is a bug with the way RD works on minions (it deals more damage than intended). I forget the thread, I just remember feeling good reading that in between all the requests to QQ, buy better gear, etc.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Taganov
Guys, Blues have already confirmed there is a bug with the way RD works on minions (it deals more damage than intended). I forget the thread, I just remember feeling good reading that in between all the requests to QQ, buy better gear, etc.

The Blues just confirmed it this week 12/10/2012
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7349425431?page=2#39

The post you quoted was on. 11/05/2012. Besides that, I'm glad they finally looked at all the bug reports and tested it out. I did post a few bug reports in the bug report forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]