Diablo® III

Info on PvP! 200M To Last Bumper Before Blue

Keep your money but I'd love to know some more about PVP from Blizzard as well. I really enjoy Diablo, can't complain for a second BUT PVP will be a lot of fun and I'd love to get some early spoilers! :)
Edited by Turris#2886 on 11/10/2012 8:29 PM PST
What I would like to see for pvp would be lots of options.

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, would be the standard options but that wouldn't be enough imo.

Oh and free for all would be awesome.

Would be also neat to see something like 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, in which one player is buffed with more damage and health and perhaps has some AI minions that spawn nearby.

Hopefully there will also be plenty of game modes like King of the Hill, Last Man Standing (both team and free for all), some sort of bounty hunting mode where you have to kill your target and someone is trying to kill you but you can kill anyone but only get points for bounty kills. Also an 8v8 battlefield match would be pretty awesome in which players would be in a large map like battlefields and there would be objectives or something (maybe capture the flag or something... maybe have AI in the game as well).

Also I would love to see a PVM survival arena where you can solo it or have up to 4 or perhaps more players in the arena.
Edited by DeMasked#1233 on 11/10/2012 9:17 PM PST
Oh another idea would be pvmvp in which you either have 2 teams (or free for all) and a lot of AI enemies attacking everyone. Perhaps have one of those crazy giant guys in the action from act 3 tower areas? Or a few normal siege breakers or the thousand pounder from the gameplay videos from before d3 was even made.

Or have some sort of siege defense (pvm arena) in which you have an entire city (accessible walls included) to defend and there'd be mini bosses and elite packs jumping in every so often with tons of mobs.
Hey, it is a great thing that you are doing this for the community and putting an effort to make the game better. Maybe Blizzard would actually hear this out from us. But yeah the ideas you point out make proper sense. PVP is the CORE to a diablo game. There is just no fun when you farm items and items just so you can buy items to farm items better. This is why the Diablo game right now is dying.

What I think should be made in PVP is the in dueling system out of town. That was one of the most fun things in Diablo 2 and it would suck so hard if they didnt bring it back. And perhaps with new PVP specific gear, there will be balance for the PVP side of the game. RMAH should also be disabled for PVP because it would kill the game. It would literally make it like Gunz, when people without premium items had no advantage over the ones who did. They can maybe borrow the idea from GW2 the instanced PVP gear. It serves as a great balance tool. Anyways I hope some of you can agree with me on this.
Bump, all these rumors make pvp sound like it's going to suck, and if there true why even keep playing to be disappointed in 6 months I'd like to know now.
Hey, it is a great thing that you are doing this for the community and putting an effort to make the game better. Maybe Blizzard would actually hear this out from us. But yeah the ideas you point out make proper sense. PVP is the CORE to a diablo game. There is just no fun when you farm items and items just so you can buy items to farm items better. This is why the Diablo game right now is dying.

What I think should be made in PVP is the in dueling system out of town. That was one of the most fun things in Diablo 2 and it would suck so hard if they didnt bring it back. And perhaps with new PVP specific gear, there will be balance for the PVP side of the game. RMAH should also be disabled for PVP because it would kill the game. It would literally make it like Gunz, when people without premium items had no advantage over the ones who did. They can maybe borrow the idea from GW2 the instanced PVP gear. It serves as a great balance tool. Anyways I hope some of you can agree with me on this.

I understand there are two groups with regards to PvP gear. One side of the fence points out the unfair advantage that can be gained, while the other really only plays and earns gear for the satisfaction of using it in PvP combat.

I think a good compromise is something like what I mentioned in my post, which is to offer two types of combat; an unlimited version where you wear whatever gear you would like and instead of having PvP gear wasting my already limited stash space, I think it would be much more awesome to simply adjust the players stats to a predetermined and balanced amount during PvP combat. This would make fine tuning and balancing easier and take the burden of gear swapping away from the player. It would also be cool because you could wear any gear you would like visually, your favorite legendary gear etc and it wouldn't matter because your stats are predetermined. Also if PvP is not built with special gear then they won't need tons of different sets for people as they level up, so if you want a quick duel vs a level 13 you are instantly ready, without having to purchase some level 10-20 pvp gear set etc.

So that's just my take on it, I just see the extra gear set being limiting and cumbersome to manage, maybe I am wrong.
Never gonna happen
Unless Blizzard puts a lot of money into the pvp, it will fail. Money is what I'm basing my opinion on.

PS Move>Kinect
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]