Diablo® III

Info on PvP! 200M To Last Bumper Before Blue

11/10/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Potentiality
So is it confirmed that pvp would only be playable within arenas (no open world) and only 4 players max?

I hope not..... I would love to see some world PvP and battlegrounds. If PvP is released, they need to go balls to the wall
11/10/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Dark777
their has not been any info on pvp since before the last patch and what we did get was just vague i think they will waait till ex-pac prob figure with all the bad publicity and 3/10 ratings they got fromvanilla they will get the sales this way-oh ya-bump

few blue posts stating PVP will be released in a PATCH not a expac

l2Read?
11/11/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Sxy
their has not been any info on pvp since before the last patch and what we did get was just vague i think they will waait till ex-pac prob figure with all the bad publicity and 3/10 ratings they got fromvanilla they will get the sales this way-oh ya-bump

few blue posts stating PVP will be released in a PATCH not a expac

l2Read?

Blizzard also said that PvP would came with the game we were pre-ordering, only to tell us a few weeks before release they were leaving it out. It's not unfair or ignorant to ask these questions.
All I want from PvP is OPEN WORLD PVP and with Diablo Walking the Earth.

That's it.

Arenas, lol... It will get boring because no progression and coz of no open world, gameplay wont be dynamic much.

But I would like to see some new info and maybe test video from Blizzard on PvP.
Edited by tigerija#2401 on 11/11/2012 9:16 AM PST
Yes on the Private PvP with friends!
FWIW:

Original plan was to have different data for skills in PvE and PvP, i.e. IIRC Meteor had 2 second cooldown back when I tried PvP at Blizzcon, which was btw, very fast paced and addictive, just as it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02qFumrFLM&t=11m5s

This is how you are matched against other players:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

More specifically, based off of your win/loss record. It's not dissimilar from the matchmaker found in StarCraft II, which is based off of the Elo system used for Chess championships. Your win/loss and who they were against determines a 'skill rating', which is used to match up against other players of a similar rating. The intent is to get an even/fair match. Regardless of any individual factors like build, gear, or player ability, you'll find some equilibrium where you're facing off against players that you're about as likely to beat as you are to lose. If getting better gear raises your abilities then you're simply matched against players of a higher rating. Changing builds or just getting better at PvP could have the same effect. But regardless if you move up or down you're ultimately still netting around a 50/50 win/loss as you're always matching against similarly rated players.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036226194?page=4#69

This rating is most likely hidden and statistics only display total wins.

There will be also personal PvP progression system. Rewards will be gold and exp, vanity items, achievements, banners, potions and whatnot. I believe titles we get in a sense won't be rewards, but rather indicates performance level of the player, probably similar to SC2.
Edited by Cloudburst#2934 on 11/11/2012 10:44 AM PST
FWIW:

Original plan was to have different data for skills in PvE and PvP, i.e. IIRC Meteor had 2 second cooldown back when I tried PvP at Blizzcon, which was btw, very fast paced and addictive, just as it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02qFumrFLM&t=11m5s

This is how you are matched against other players:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

More specifically, based off of your win/loss record. It's not dissimilar from the matchmaker found in StarCraft II, which is based off of the Elo system used for Chess championships. Your win/loss and who they were against determines a 'skill rating', which is used to match up against other players of a similar rating. The intent is to get an even/fair match. Regardless of any individual factors like build, gear, or player ability, you'll find some equilibrium where you're facing off against players that you're about as likely to beat as you are to lose. If getting better gear raises your abilities then you're simply matched against players of a higher rating. Changing builds or just getting better at PvP could have the same effect. But regardless if you move up or down you're ultimately still netting around a 50/50 win/loss as you're always matching against similarly rated players.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036226194?page=4#69

This rating is most likely hidden and statistics only display total wins.

There will be also personal PvP progression system. Rewards will be gold and exp, vanity items, achievements, banners, potions and whatnot. I believe titles we get in a sense won't be rewards, but rather indicates performance level of the player, probably similar to SC2.

I remember reading that, I think a rating system would be great. I really just want to hear what the current plans are and some kinda eta. I want to PvP so badly. lol.
11/11/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Error37
can someone translate this into a TLDR version?

Added one just for you bud.

TLDR; Want a timeline along with some clarifications on PvP design and mechanics from blizzard. Offering 50M once I get this answer.
It would be nice if the Diablo players could be included in the Blizzard championship.
i think they can make a PvP more enjoyable to anyone.. Arenas+Ground Duels..

Lets say Arena mode could be like 4v4 in a close quarter battle field (Like where you kill Maghda).. But no Health Globes (as we seen in videos before).. Some auto-balance as an option to control if the ppl playing want to active it.. like.. if i consider myself a godly char.. then.. i can try to play like 1vs4.. or if we as a couple of friends don't want unbalance game.. then we activate that option..

And my personal favorite.. Grown Duels.. this things has to be in a big map.. something like Dalghur Oasis, Desolate Lands.. or at least.. close to those ones.. like cut them in a half.. that thing has to be like from 8 to 12-16 players running all over the place killing everything that moves.. like a Deathmatch.. and a 8vs8 Guild/team/clan Wars..

Other things i always consider its the flags.. let us use it.. like i put it behind me with a 1-2min cooldown (Not affected by Critical Mass).. and if i got kill ill appear where i left the flag.. everybody can see it.. and can destroy it..

I have so many ideas.. but at the same time.. i dont think we are going to see anything else than what we have all seen.. i hope all of this late its because they are thinking some ways to do it more fun.. i think that if they release a PvP like what we seen in videos... man.. its going to be like any other patch.. ppl comeback.. ppl goes away after 1 week..

(i think the late.. its not because they are thinking ways o game modes to do it more fun.. i think they are just trying to balance all the classes.. and everybody who plays RPG games.. know how difficult the class balance is..)

if i have some gramatical mistakes.. i'm sorry.. English it's not my native lenguage.. And sorry if i did it to long xD..
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]