Diablo® III

Info on PvP! 200M To Last Bumper Before Blue

Even though the pvp system was flawed in Diablo 2 it was very addictive. I wouldn't mind having a 1v1 arena or even 2v2, but they would have to fix the damage output so you wouldn't get one shot. Also I dont like the idea of pvp rewards unless it just gold. I played WoW a very long time and once they split up pvp and pve it kind of ruined it for me. So no pvp exclusive gear.
PvP tokens for items
PvP items (only potions confirmed atm)
PvP Banners
PvP buff to equalize stats (probably paragon level, gear, or pvp level)
PvPDialogMessage - Queue for DeathMatch? Two teams of four fight in a 10-minute, arena style battle. Parties of less than 4 will be matched into a full team.
PvP exp hinting at PvP levels possibly
PvP titles
PvP accolades.

Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1357-ptr-patch-105-unofficial-changes-pvp-tokens-and-more/

Datamined information back when 1.0.5 hit PTR

Subject to change, obviously.
Diablo 3 PVP is going to be Wallet Versus Wallet.

Diablo 3 PVP is going to be a worthless joke.

Not true, if everything comes down to a one-shot fest then its up to the most reflexively skilled teams. Doesn't matter your gear if you're still one-shot :P

Only difference gear would make is at the two extremes, the rich and the people who just hit 60 for the first time.

Disagree; besides until they clear up some rumors we might be forced to wear identical PvP gear.
Tell us about PVP blues!
11/13/2012 09:32 PMPosted by plouyd
i expect more info by christmas (lol)

I hope we don't have to wait that long. The devs have been dodging the issue for 6 months. My Diablo 3 box says PVP on the back. We deserve to know now whether or not our current efforts ingame will fully apply to pvp, and if there will be pvp items. We have waited long enough, they can atleast tell us their plans.
All the info/rumors u hear now could be totally different than the end product, just like the current state of the game is totally different than the first day. (some people re-rolled/regear many times in PVE because of the buffs and nerfs).
11/13/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Misery
Pvp is just going to be pay to win really. The gear disparity is just too massive. Unless blizzard remake all the itemizations, its going to remain like this. That require complete overhaul of the game.

Wasn't fair in D2, yet it was still alot of fun. Many times its a matter of who's 1st to hit other person.
11/13/2012 09:55 PMPosted by UrScrewed
i expect more info by christmas (lol)

I hope we don't have to wait that long. The devs have been dodging the issue for 6 months. My Diablo 3 box says PVP on the back. We deserve to know now whether or not our current efforts ingame will fully apply to pvp, and if there will be pvp items. We have waited long enough, they can atleast tell us their plans.

Exactly, this is all I'm really looking for, some general ballpark estimates on what to expect. Even if its just a collection of ideas in some developers or game designers white board. Knowing what they are thinking about is a huge win for us. I think it would also cause some new excitement and give people something to get excited about. Something the D3 community needs!
I think devs have seen this thread, because i seen some posts that have vanished. Somethings seems strange about that. So why not just tell us, we deserve to know.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]