Diablo® III

Info on PvP! 200M To Last Bumper Before Blue

Bump!
There will be specific PvP Gear
PvP will require a special character and or re-roll
PvP will not allow pre-arranged teams
PvP Will be arena only, no way to duel friends

Calling Lylirra, Vaeflare, & Grimiku! Confirm or Deny?
http://i.imgur.com/mE5pW.jpg all I can offer. But it sure is a sneak peek!
i just want pvp.
bump!
Crammed into tiny arenas by a matchmaker with gear tokens? What utter nonsense is this? I thought this was a Diablo sequel, not a single player asked for this. Not one. FAIL.
BUMP

I too have read in Diablofans that there are PvP gears.. that would certainly ruin this game to some degree..
Bump!
bump
Good thread. bump.
It is no secret that many people are unhappy with the game. I happen to like it a lot, even though it has some flaws. I know me and my friends that are sticking around and still playing are anxiously waiting for PvP. It is basically what keeps us going, continuing to farm and want to upgrade gear. I have already beat Inferno and leveled 3 classes and besides farming don't have a whole lot to do. I think the PvP in this game has A LOT of potential to be fun and competitive(good competition, not a whinefest for balance)if they just listened to us and gave the PvP the full out love it deserves.

For the PvP to stay fun over a long period of time, we need to have some sort of ratings or ladder to compete on. They can also have a non-ranked option for the casual players that just want to mess around and have fun. But I really think they need to do this for the longevity of the game and to keep people interested in farming/upgrading. Also, there absolutely needs to be a consensual dueling option, so we can fight against our friends and have a blast. Casual dueling tournies among friends is some of the most fun I've had in games. I also think for the complete PvP experience there should be different games modes such as 2v2,3v3 and 4v4, then have maybe ffa deathmatch or something like that as well with ranked and unranked options to cover all of your players.

I believe if you deliver on a solid, well rounded, full optioned PvP experience you will increase the life of the game and provide a lot of fun that this game is lacking. Don't get me wrong the game is good, but if we had all of these PvP options I honestly would not be bored with the game and continue to play for a long time to come. If Blizzard doesn't come through on this PvP I can sadly say my friends and I won't be around for the long haul, there just isn't that much else to interest me and a lot of my buddies share the same feelings. What is the point in farming/upgrading your gear if you already beat Inferno several times besides maybe the RMAH/paragon? Especially if all there is to do is play some super casual " WoW-arena style skirmish" unrated PvP with no options. If there isn't even rankings, it will get really stale quickly. I'll be so bold to say many won't continue to play diablo3 if that's all that is planned for PvP.

I know you guys are scared of the whine uproar when it comes to balance and thats why you stated you wanted to keep it casual. Don't make that mistake! This is my take on it though. You will have the haters and whiners no matter what you do, or how you do it. Just give us some good PvP, balance it or don't balance it how you see fit and don't listen to the whine. If you have ranked and unranked, you cover the casuals, you cover the hardcore and more competitive, you give people more incentive to keep playing this game down the road.

I really don't care about all the crying for balance or all the pay2win nonsense. I just want to be able to have fun by killing other players in a setting worth investing my time into aka ranked. Perfect balance will never be achieved and most people that play PvP understand that. Diablo is about having everyones farmed OP fun characters fight, not everyones nerfed characters queueing random skirmishes with no stats/ratings etc etc. I just want to be able to play diablo3 PvP in any environment I want be it casual or ranked, and I want to be able to duel my friends and have some laughs, I really find it stupid that you can't duel other players/friends that want to duel also. Not Pking, not griefing, just dueling amongst friends or people that want to fight and enjoy it.

TL;DR Diablo3 PvP needs to have rankings/consensual dueling to provide longetivy and much needed aspect to this game or many people including me will not stick around for the long haul. This would be a shame, because I see a lot of potential for fun if PvP is done right and FUN is what needs to be focused on in diablo. I'm not saying make it into the biggest E-sport in the world, but please make it a fulfilling experience instead of a cheap short lived thrill. Thanks for reading and sorry for the long and probably unorganized paragraphs, I'm tired and have too much I want to say at once lol.
Edited by BigLarson#1144 on 11/15/2012 10:22 AM PST
It is no secret that many people are unhappy with the game. I happen to like it a lot, even though it has some flaws. I know me and my friends that are sticking around and still playing are anxiously waiting for PvP. It is basically what keeps us going, continuing to farm and want to upgrade gear. I have already beat Inferno and leveled 3 classes and besides farming don't have a whole lot to do. I think the PvP in this game has A LOT of potential to be fun and competitive(good competition, not a whinefest for balance)if they just listened to us and gave the PvP the full out love it deserves.

For the PvP to stay fun over a long period of time, we need to have some sort of ratings or ladder to compete on. They can also have a non-ranked option for the casual players that just want to mess around and have fun. But I really think they need to do this for the longevity of the game and to keep people interested in farming/upgrading. Also, there absolutely needs to be a consensual dueling option, so we can fight against our friends and have a blast. Casual dueling tournies among friends is some of the most fun I've had in games. I also think for the complete PvP experience there should be different games modes such as 2v2,3v3 and 4v4, then have maybe ffa deathmatch or something like that as well with ranked and unranked options to cover all of your players.

I believe if you deliver on a solid, well rounded, full optioned PvP experience you will increase the life of the game and provide a lot of fun that this game is lacking. Don't get me wrong the game is good, but if we had all of these PvP options I honestly would not be bored with the game and continue to play for a long time to come. If Blizzard doesn't come through on this PvP I can sadly say my friends and I won't be around for the long haul, there just isn't that much else to interest me and a lot of my buddies share the same feelings. What is the point in farming/upgrading your gear if you already beat Inferno several times besides maybe the RMAH/paragon? Especially if all there is to do is play some super casual " WoW-arena style skirmish" unrated PvP with no options. If there isn't even rankings, it will get really stale quickly. I'll be so bold to say many won't continue to play diablo3 if that's all that is planned for PvP.

I know you guys are scared of the whine uproar when it comes to balance and thats why you stated you wanted to keep it casual. Don't make that mistake! This is my take on it though. You will have the haters and whiners no matter what you do, or how you do it. Just give us some good PvP, balance it or don't balance it how you see fit and don't listen to the whine. If you have ranked and unranked, you cover the casuals, you cover the hardcore and more competitive, you give people more incentive to keep playing this game down the road.

I really don't care about all the crying for balance or all the pay2win nonsense. I just want to be able to have fun by killing other players in a setting worth investing my time into aka ranked. Perfect balance will never be achieved and most people that play PvP understand that. Diablo is about having everyones farmed OP fun characters fight, not everyones nerfed characters queueing random skirmishes with no stats/ratings etc etc. I just want to be able to play diablo3 PvP in any environment I want be it casual or ranked, and I want to be able to duel my friends and have some laughs, I really find it stupid that you can't duel other players/friends that want to duel also. Not Pking, not griefing, just dueling amongst friends or people that want to fight and enjoy it.

TL;DR Diablo3 PvP needs to have rankings/consensual dueling to provide longetivy and much needed aspect to this game or many people including me will not stick around for the long haul. This would be a shame, because I see a lot of potential for fun if PvP is done right and FUN is what needs to be focused on in diablo. I'm not saying make it into the biggest E-sport in the world, but please make it a fulfilling experience instead of a cheap short lived thrill. Thanks for reading and sorry for the long and probably unorganized paragraphs, I'm tired and have too much I want to say at once lol.

Well said bro, you are a lot like me. I am not looking for a top tier competitive perfectly balanced e-sport, I just want something to do with my friends besides the same exact level over.. and over.. and over.. and.. ... ... ... oh crap, my friends all quit and went back to WoW and league. :|

Blizz, give them a reason to come back! They will alllll come back soon as PvP has rough ball park date, with some info and concrete design/implementation details. We will all start theorycrafting, and even get our wallets out. (Haters gonna hate).

BUMP!
bump for pvp!
11/15/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Oana
bump for pvp!

Bumping your bump!
bump.
Bump.

Hoo-rah.
BUMP!
bump
bump
bump
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]