Diablo® III

BLUE: Is the Game Guide up to date/accurate?

I am constantly getting stats on legendary's that are higher than what the game guide says the item should be able to roll with. For example, most items can roll with 90-100 of each stat, but I often get rolls with stats well over 100 for one or more stats. Is this normal? Am I missing something here?
Edited by kweagle#1932 on 11/12/2012 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
If an item has a random stat and a fixed stat, the random stat can roll the same type as the fixed one allowing you to go over the max listed on the game guide
Reply Quote
So using the blackthorne's pants I have on my demon hunter as an example, the game guide says they can roll with 90-100 of each dex,str,int and vit. It also can roll with +2 magic properties. But the roll I have gives me more than 100 on three of those stats instead of two. That is what dont make sense to me...

Also, I did a quick search on the AH, and I cant find another set that has three stats over 100. Did I get a glitched roll?
Edited by kweagle#1932 on 11/11/2012 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
In the +random stats, there are dual stats. for example, you role 100 base stat like a blackthorn can, then in one of the +random stats roles say 50 base stat/50 vit or something like that. hope that helps
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Nubbyn
In the +random stats, there are dual stats. for example, you role 100 base stat like a blackthorn can, then in one of the +random stats roles say 50 base stat/50 vit or something like that. hope that helps

Ok, so I guess the question then is, how do you know what the base stat is an item can roll with first? How do you know a base stat for blackthorne can roll 100?
Reply Quote
you just said so yourself earlier, they have a range 90-100. i dont think blizz actually gives out the ranges of the possible dual stats, but it's all over the different d3 forums such as diablofans.
Reply Quote
But as I understand it, the range Bliz posts in the game guide is not the base stats for the pants, it is the stats they can roll with. So the 90-100 should be what I end up with for a roll. If the 2 extra properties end up being stats as well, then only 2 of those stats should have rolled over 100, not 3.

Or are you suggesting that a single random roll can output two different stats?
Edited by kweagle#1932 on 11/11/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's exactly what I'm suggesting. That SINGLE RANDOM stat can consist of 2 stats. The 90-100 range Blizz says is the BASE stats. You do not always roll dual stats that increase it over the base, but it is possible.
Reply Quote
You have Blackthorne pants...normally, if they dont get any dex roll, they will have either 90-100 on the roll. now if you get a random roll of say 50 for dex, those pants will now come as anywhere between 140-150 dex.

this is a huge list of possible affix rolls on gear, they apply to all things that arent white/grey. Anything blue/yellow/brown/green can roll with any of these stats.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41045-spoiler-diablo-iii-item-affixes/
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 11/11/2012 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
I dont get it. What is the point of the game guide giving stats for sets and legendary if they are not bound to the ranges in the game guide? If a blackthornes pants are capable of rolling higher than 90-100, without a "+ random magic property" roll affecting it, then why is the range not reflected in the value?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:40 AMPosted by kweagle
I dont get it. What is the point of the game guide giving stats for sets and legendary if they are not bound to the ranges in the game guide? If a blackthornes pants are capable of rolling higher than 90-100, without a "+ random magic property" roll affecting it, then why is the range not reflected in the value?

Because most people understand the basic logic behind random affixes?

Base stats = 90-100
Random Affix = Dex/Str or Dex/Vit or Int/Dex
(Raises the stats on the item)

This isn't rocket science.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]