Reply Quote
MP7 yea? I have less and I do fine.
Reply Quote
I have 140k dps unbuff 2.7life steal and only 847LOH i do fine with mp7&8
9&10 forget it
Reply Quote
Depending on resists and HP, can be enough yes
Reply Quote
so for higher mp's (9-10) more lifesteal is required?
Reply Quote
In order to get by MP10 with 2.7LS and 1000LOH you need 700AR+ and 7000Armor+. I farm Keys in MP10 and I use Mantra Time of Need and Reach with Keen Eye to buff my AR and Armor. The more LS and LOH you have the less AR and Armor you will need but you need to find that balance.

EDIT: I have 2000LOH and switch my offhand to get 3000LOH when I face RD.
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 11/12/2012 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
john, around how much life are you netting from the 3 percent lifesteal? reason i am asking this is because im planning to switch to a skorn lifesteal, and with it my damage would be around 160k. Do you think a 5 percent lifesteal would be enough to sustain me without any life on hit?
Reply Quote
i have no idea man, just asking this bc im about to gear someone elses monk.

from my experience with barb, im at 8.8% with 200k+ and its fine, i dont know anything below that :\
Reply Quote
I onlyt have 2.8% @ 70k dps and do fine at MP8. A little slow, but definitely manageable.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:54 PMPosted by John
so for higher mp's (9-10) more lifesteal is required?

And more dmg. Monsters just take forever to chop down even at 140K dps , and near 200k buffed. I think ~6% lifesteal is enough, but only if your dps is 180K+ unbuffed.
Reply Quote
Personally I key/uber run on mp8 with no problems at all with only the sustain from my OH, mp9-10 I don't quite have the dps to bother with even though I can manage surviving with my sustain and only minimal kiting.

So 3%ls/1000loh at 140k should be perfectly fine for mp8 (certainly more than I have and I do fine), and maybe even for mp9. But mp10 might still be a little out of your reach to do comfortably unless you up that LS to 5-6%, but then you'll still want more dps in the first place to even bother dealing with the extra hp of jumping up to a higher mp lvl.

Also, keep in mind that the more dps you have the more that LS comes into play, and then the LoH just becomes a nice but unnecessary luxury on top of it.
Reply Quote
That's plenty IF the rest of your set up is balanced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]