Diablo® III

How many more hours?

Until the maintenance gets done? Thank you.
Reply Quote
server's down since 7 am. That thing was supose to start at 5 AM and it is still down, getting annoying...
Reply Quote
It seems like they do not have good judgement of time when doing these maintenance
Reply Quote
Extended 2 hours ffs
Reply Quote
Tweets
51m BlizzardCS ‏@BlizzardCS
@Roto_Wizard Maintenenace hasn't been extended; it's scheduled until 11 AM PST (45 minutes from now).

!@#$ing trolled?
Reply Quote
i dont get how this game could require so much server down time, more than any other i've ever played, be down so much with so little player base and expect to keep people playing or get more for that matter.
Reply Quote
With so much money, how can blizz be so bad at maintaining their servers?
Reply Quote
Good lord. Really? 8 hours for non-patch maintenance? How do you !@#$ this up so consistently?
Reply Quote
Here we go again. The maintenance was supposed to be completed at 1100 am pst and at 11 guess what. Now the maintenance has been moved up till 1PM and I can promise you this will go on till around 4 or 5pm. I have no idea why you guys insist on doing these things during the day unlike other games that have updates completed early in the morning. What makes things frustrating is that the updates are almost never completed on the time. Heres an idea, start charging monthly so you can hire competent staff.
Reply Quote
Honestly i hope none of their !@#$ty staff is getting more than minimum wage, if not lower.
Reply Quote
lets not forget, they also made wow, does wow have to undergo this kind of server maintenence weekly, i doubt it, those are monthly paying customers.. furthermore, diablo 3 is a percentile of the size of wow and it requires this much more maintenence?? This is getting ridiculous, no wonder players are dropping like flies.
Reply Quote
they charge monthly and i'm out and i'm sure alot more will follow.
Reply Quote
Maybe they could start the updates at midnight or 2am so that when the real world is up we can still play after they extend 4 hours about the time we wake up and have time to play.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Arcanastus
Maybe they could start the updates at midnight or 2am so that when the real world is up we can still play after they extend 4 hours about the time we wake up and have time to play.

Midnight/2AM cuts off their West Coast player base.

They really just need to figure out how to not have 6-10 hour maintenance windows. Other games do it more efficiently.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Arcanastus

The real world is typically working Monday-Friday during business hours, which is when they do maintenance.

Again, the issue is not the time they do maintenance. It's that it takes them so long and hasn't improved at all in the last 5 years. Definitely not as bad as it was in The Burning Crusade, but it's made almost backwards progress since then.
Reply Quote
I live in Montreal.. So when the server close for updating in yours night times, its means the whole day for us. If i having know those America server close almost every Tuesday, i dont know if i haved buy the game.. Cause Tuesday is almost my only day off at work :S
Reply Quote

They really just need to figure out how to not have 6-10 hour maintenance windows. Other games do it more efficiently.

I understand that, I'm just frustrated. Going to school I mainly have time in the mornings, mainly Tue and Thurs since my MWF schedule is ridiculous. There are some things I like to do to relieve the stress and pressure and this just adds to it.

Guess I can go kill some zombies for a few hours.
Edited by Arcanastus#2888 on 11/13/2012 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
Efficient or not, its now 46 min past the estimated time frame with no server status update. Is it extended maintance or will it be up any minute now?
Reply Quote

I understand that, I'm just frustrated. Going to school I mainly have time in the mornings, mainly Tue and Thurs since my MWF schedule is ridiculous. There are some things I like to do to relieve the stress and pressure and this just adds to it.

Guess I can go kill some zombies for a few hours.

Yeah, I definitely feel your pain. I have a rotating shift, and I always dread getting my schedule and seeing Tuesdays as my day off.

You could also create a character on the EU servers. I have a pretty mediocre ISP and have no problems. I miss my gold and max level characters for sure, but it still fulfills the Dungeon Crawler need.

Not to take away from the ridiculousness of their maintenance windows, though. They need to seriously work on it.

11/13/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Dysl3x1c
Efficient or not, its now 46 min past the estimated time frame with no server status update. Is it extended maintance or will it be up any minute now?

It's extended to 1PM Pacific. They updated the breaking news.
Edited by Stigas#1237 on 11/13/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Servers are down because ......... Failure in Backup Power Generator.

There is a tiny cage at Blizzard Entertainment, that contains a Gerbil. This Gerbil is named Freddy. Freddy's job is to run in his wheel, powering a small generator that supplies power to the backup systems for Blizzard Entertainment.

Today, Freddy died. It seems that SOMEONE FORGOT TO FEED HIM FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK. And now, they are attempting to find a replacement for Freddy, but a trip to the local pet stores discovered that they were sold out due to an Kindergarden science experiment. At this time, Blizzard employees are canvassing the local schools, searching for a student willing to get an "f" for "losing" his or her gerbil in exchange for a free copy of Starcraft 2 or World of Warcraft. The 5-year-olds are understandably confused, and say that their mommy and daddy wont like it if they get a bad grade. At this time, the company jet is being readied for an immediate flight to Canada, in search of gerbils who will come to our rescue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]