Diablo® III

How many more hours?

11/13/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Stigas
It's extended to 1PM Pacific. They updated the breaking news

Thanks
Reply Quote
They don't do this every week. It's mostly just 1 hour restarts.

When it is the longer Tuesday, it's scheduled. And when is does go longer, yes it sucks, but anyone with a sniff of computer science in their background can see why it sometimes needs to be extended.

Now take a deep breath and relax. You'll live longer.
Reply Quote
They don't do this every week. It's mostly just 1 hour restarts.

When it is the longer Tuesday, it's scheduled. And when is does go longer, yes it sucks, but anyone with a sniff of computer science in their background can see why it sometimes needs to be extended.

Now take a deep breath and relax. You'll live longer.

Likewise, anyone with any technical background knows that groveling happens and is a sign of a successful product or service. When nobody cares when your service is down, that's when you should be concerned.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've been working on computers since 1980 (yes, 1980) and one thing I have learned in that time is @#$@% happens with them. It's part of life with complicated code.

My only beef with Blizzard this time is a failure to take this into account. Last time it took over 2 additional hours to get the system up. So, in most systems that I've run, that means that until I've tested what went wrong and it's fix, you start your process an additional 2 hours early to accommodate any misfires and work arounds again. You don't inconvenience the client, you inconvenience those working on the issue. That's what they are paid to do. That's what I'm paid to do now.

My hats off to Blizzard in most areas. Great games that are a blast to play and a serious inconvenience when I can't :-) Wish all games made me want to play them this bad!
Reply Quote
Also ... is it not possible to "cycle" the maintenance, so that it is virtually invisible to the players?

For instance, take 25% of the servers offline at a time, and let the rest handle the load while you do maintenance on the ones that are down, then bring them up and set another 25% down ... rotate through the entire server population over the course of a day, rather than doing it all at one time and providing no service at all for x number of hours.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Server downtime on all of Blizzard's games are tied together. This morning at 5AM Pacific, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, and Starcraft 2 servers all went down, and none of them come back up until all the maintenance is done on all of the games.

Considering Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 don't have that much going on with them currently and World of Warcraft does, it's probably WoW's fault.

Kinda stupid that all 3 games are tied together like this.
Reply Quote
i dont think they are tied. i have played Diablo 3 while wow servers are down.
Reply Quote
All 3 are now down another 3 hours.

BlizzardCS ‏@BlizzardCS
Maintenance for #Warcraft, #D3 and #SC2 has been extended until approximately 3PM PST. We'll provide updates as they become available to us.
Reply Quote
nice job blizzard !!!
Reply Quote
So why are the servers up in other countries but they can't figure things out here?
Reply Quote
ok its 1 pm PST, lets get this crap going. trying to get some small relaxation time in before working all night, blizzard keeps saying the wrong time. ugh.
Reply Quote
It is current 1.10pm PST so only 1 hour 50 mins till servers are up. Lets hope they actually stic stick to this time!
Reply Quote
Funny watching blizzard censor every post that criticizes their lack of ability to meet deadlines.

When every video game you launch gets delayed and every maintenance you conduct is extended I wonder if there is a little bit of mismanagement at blizzard.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Paladin
OMG..when blizzard says approximately 1pm pst it generally means when we get finished maybe by 1:30, 2 pm sometime today, maybe tomorrow..stop bugging us ok
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
StressTest,

Senseless posts about the same topic over and over will be locked and/or deleted. This one is remaining open to let people vent but when they cross the line, their posts will be deleted and/or the user will lose their posting priviliges.

If you haven't already, please read the forum posting rules and guidelines in the sticky post we have at the top of the forum.
Reply Quote
Did the last 6 posts just totally ignore Stigas' comment, it has been extended to 3PM PST, it is currently 1:26 here on the left coast. Stuff happens, get over it already. If this game is your whole life, you really need to get one...

Funniest part is the complainers are not willing to read everything before they pitch a complaint
Edited by Skidazl#1248 on 11/13/2012 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ha ha !!! Love it:)
Reply Quote
Has maintenance been extended? I cannot locate a post on BLIZZARDS website regarding this. Why should I have to find out on twitter a program i don't even use. Perhaps a little less tweeting and a little more posting on your website would have an impact on the frustrations of your player base.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 01:27 PMPosted by MissTinkle
Ha ha !!! Love it:)

I agree, I do have to admit because I do love a bit of drama in the middle of the day..hahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]