Diablo® III

How many more hours?

11/13/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Ladyenvy
Has maintenance been extended? I cannot locate a post on BLIZZARDS website regarding this. Why should I have to find out on twitter a program i don't even use. Perhaps a little less tweeting and a little more posting on your website would have an impact on the frustrations of your player base.

It's posted right in the game...
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Ladyenvy
Has maintenance been extended? I cannot locate a post on BLIZZARDS website regarding this. Why should I have to find out on twitter a program i don't even use. Perhaps a little less tweeting and a little more posting on your website would have an impact on the frustrations of your player base.

The Breaking News when you open D3, SC2 or WoW will all be updated with the latest information. Not sure why it's not on the website, but it's plenty official.
Reply Quote
this kind of spaz, is why the Mayan's where correct with their predictions
Reply Quote
Its 4:35, anyone know how much longer the servers will be down.
Reply Quote
StressTest,

Senseless posts about the same topic over and over will be locked and/or deleted. This one is remaining open to let people vent but when they cross the line, their posts will be deleted and/or the user will lose their posting priviliges.

If you haven't already, please read the forum posting rules and guidelines in the sticky post we have at the top of the forum.

I get it, it's blizzard who does not.

Tuesday is a PR disaster for blizzard and it has been for 8 years. I understand that you don't want the forums to blow up with the same posts over and over but you would think by now Blizzard would just schedule a 12 hour maintenance instead of extending a 6 hour maintenance over and over again, annoying fans week after week.

I remember when Warcraft was in it's infancy (less than two years) Blizzard was testing live maintenance that wouldn't disrupt player experience.

What happened to that? It HONESTLY feels like blizzard no longer cares how long the maintenance takes because every week it gets extended like it is not big deal over and over.
Reply Quote
On that note, servers are up.
Reply Quote
they've extended it til 3pm...shouldnt we get some sort of compensation?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Absolix
they've extended it til 3pm...shouldnt we get some sort of compensation?

Compensation for what? You purchased on online-only game that has been having Tuesday maintenance for nearly a decade. You don't pay monthly.

Also, it's a video game.
Reply Quote
And now it's going down again? Awesome.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Stigas
And now it's going down again? Awesome.

Yep, logged in for a minute and was down before i could get into a game, according to status page though, game servers are still up...
Reply Quote
10 years of running the biggest MMO in the world and they still can't do a simple maintenance on a server without screwing it up on a game that isn't even an MMO. Its no wonder Vivendi wants to sell their stake.
Reply Quote
Can't log in right now either, Did Mythic staff take over? ..kidding. There must be a pain in the !@# issue preventing maintenance from going smoothly.
Reply Quote
Reading the blue posts and they all keep saying "check the status page". Well status page says AH is down but Game Server is up, meanwhile I can't log in to either 'cause it says the whole thing is down. While you are picking up your copy of "maintaining servers for dummies" bliz, you might want to teach your staff to refer us to a page that actually has useful information. K thx.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Maintenance was completed, people were playing, issues arose (AH I believe), emergency maintenance is now underway to correct those issues. It's listed in the Breaking News on the login screen.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Karnus
Can't log in right now either, Did Mythic staff take over? ..kidding. There must be a pain in the !@# issue preventing maintenance from going smoothly.

Yeah, that pain in the as* issue is a boardroom full of shareholders who decide to not budget enough into the technical side. Obviously just guessing, but there's no way you can go 6 or so years without improving the same process.
Reply Quote
It now says "Emergency Maintenance" and hoping for 16:00pm pst (7 pm est). Instead of complaining I'm going with positive reinforcement and encouragement: C'mon Blizz!! You can DO EET!!!
Reply Quote
dont worry. They will be done soon but in return we will get more lag than we already have. I blame AH/rmah for all unnecessary updates that cause all these issues. I miss the trading from diablo 2....
Reply Quote
fingers crossed, only a couple more hours before the GF gets off work!
Reply Quote
Just found a legendary and a key i bet there gone when the server comes back online
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]