Diablo® III

There is a new #1 PVP

Im sure they appreciate you posting in the Forum that they are doing something that may be against the rules and possibly even ban worthy.

buying and reselling on the Gold Auction is NOT against the terms of service my friend...

That is only *partly true.

Here's what the AH FAQ states:

If I no longer need an item I bought in the auction house, can I relist it in the auction house?
Yes. Once you've purchased an item and sent it to your stash, you can do anything with it that you could if you had acquired it through your own adventures. You’re free to use it yourself, or trade it to another character or relist it in either the gold-based or real-money auction house. In fact, you can generally do any combination of these things -- for example, you can purchase an item in the auction house, use it for a while, and then relist it or trade it to another character. Aside from certain quest items, there will be very few (if any) items that will be “soulbound” to your character and therefore untradable.

Here is another part to this:

11. RESTRICTIONS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
.......B. You will not:
.......... - (iii) use the Auction Houses as an investment vehicle;

So, it's not as cut and dry as we would like it to be, since they appear to be contradicting rules.

Having said that though, everyone flips items, whether it's 5 seconds after you purchased something or 5 weeks afterward, and clearly no one wants to sell for a LOSS, but selling for a gain doesn't necessarily mean that the original purchase was used as an "investment vehicle."

In addition to that, though, the "investment vehicle" term is a loophole for Blizzard to essentially ban anyone for anything regarding either of the AHs for any reason whatsoever.

People can and probably do flip items for whatever reason, but if Blizzard sees something they don't like, they can invoke the "investment vehicle" clause if they wanted to and ban ANYONE at ANYTIME, and no one would really be able to do anything about it.
Edited by Apotheosis#1815 on 11/13/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
I want to personally apologize to Janz for my initial comments on this thread. After further learning about her and her situation, my statement's were deplorable and flat out wrong. Even if she was only 18 who am I to judge how she proceeds in this game. Although I deleted my first comment that does not excuse my beahvior and I feel terrible. Congratulatins on your rise to #1 and hope you will forgive me. Good luck in the future Janz and I hope you stay on top for a long time.
Reply Quote
Janz is amazing person, really nice and a true god in demon hunters, big congrats to her and hope she continues to stay at the top :)
Reply Quote
ok im kinda confused here.

so OP said "him", then Athena said there were "two of them", now there's a "she".

so how many players are we talking about here?

janz and scuderia are the same player.
Edited by sandie#1201 on 11/14/2012 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is "he" a nice guy, really ?

Judging from the motto of his signature and some comment in local D3 forum.
I do not think so. It looks too insult.
Reply Quote
#12 for DHs PVP US.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/coolfoolboo-6399/Ghost/1561550

Feels pretty good as i have not spend a cent on buying gold just yet! Got a few pretty phenomenal drops from lengthy farming and of cos, flipping.
Reply Quote
scuderia...

name sounds familiar, think he's ranked 1 ahead of me on paragon level from diabloprogress for dh on na.
Reply Quote
... IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
Reply Quote
Is this Scuderia?

https://twitter.com/Nan_InTheBox
Reply Quote
Does "PVP" not mean what it used to?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]