Diablo® III

Completed list of hydra bugs

Hydra is a very broken spell, and it's unfortunate because it's one of my favorites.

Hydra doesn't benefit from:

- Critical hit damage
- Cold Blooded damage bonus
- Arcane power on crit
- Life on hit/life steal/life after kill

PLEASE FIX ASAP
Edited by Soliouss#1599 on 5/17/2013 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's like an unfinished spell, which is pretty ridiculous for the "iconic" wizard spell (see 1.0.4 dev blog).
Reply Quote
Yup, I tested these as well. Sure would be a great time to fix Hydra before 1.08. Looks so cool, but so useless. Also, Demon Hunters are capable of setting 2 sentries, 3 with passive. Very similar skill, need I say more.
Edited by xxxLawDogxxx#1277 on 4/29/2013 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I will add magic weapon - blood magic to the list. Hydra does not leech life either.
Reply Quote
Bump. I know that it's not really supposed to work with critical hit damage or maybe life on hit/steal, but it

STILL DOESN'T WORK WITH COLD BLOODED

IT DOES NOT RECEIVE THE 20% DAMAGE BONUS

It has been a very long time. This still needs to be fixed.
Reply Quote
So...since Blizzard doesn't seem to like my CM Wizzard I looked into Hydra today just to see that nothing has been done here.
To Blizzard: There are exactly two viable Wizzard builds for higher mp's (I don't like Archon so for me it's only one build). And it's your fault - not the player's.
Did you think that allowing Hydra to proc would make it an OP skill or is it a technical issue?
In Diablo 2 I nearly had one character for every skill available and each of these characters was able to farm Hell /players8. I even built a Paladin around the Sanctuary aura just because it looked cool.

I hope for less restrictive gameplay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]