Diablo® III

Why dodge sucks for DH (blue please read).

Barbarian's main stat is strength, which buffs armor. It's easy for Barbarians to have a crazy amount of EHP. Don't forget that they have good pasives that buffs DPS a lot.
Witch Doctor and Wizards main stat is inteligence. So they receive a buff in All Resistance. Wizards have a skill called Diamond Skin. They can absorb and reflect damage done to them.
Monks receive 30% melee damage reduction. And they have skills that make dodge chance usefull. Also they have OwE (One With Everything) that helps in terms of resistance and Seize the Initiative that buffs armor.
Demon Hunters main stat is dexterity that buffs dodge chance. After long long time of complaining we got a buff to perfectionist. Now this passive buffs vitality, armor and all resistance by 10%.
Yeah, it's very good and it helps a lot. Sure. But think about it... This works when you have certain amount of defensive stats.
It's much more expensive to gear up a Demon Hunter than other classes. Because you need a good amount of DPS and a lot of EHP to survive. Without a significant buff to any stat like armor and all resistance, it becomes very expensive and hard to gear up a Demon Hunter.
I'm not asking for a nerf to Barbarians, Monks, Witch Doctors and Wizard. I'm asking for a buff for Demon Hunters.
Since the release of this game we where nerfed with every single patch. Demon Hunter was good at the release of the game because you could reach easily good amount of DPS. But right now you can have that with other characters. Don't forget that every single other class have better defensive stats and it's easy for them to have a good amount of EHP to survive.
Blizzard please give Demon Hunters some love.
Edited by shndany#1826 on 11/14/2012 3:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
The sad thing about DH that I have come to realize is that we lack 'AoE' type skills.

Sure, we do have these (Rain of Vengeance) skills, but they come with huge drawbacks. For example, Rain of Vengeance have RANDOM hit rate at a radius of probably 30 yards with a huge chunk of cooldown time.

Most classes I know have passive skills that reduce cooldown times but DH has none of these passives.

So yeah, buffing EHP for DH is not so much of an issue, but more on the damage delivered to the enemies.

We need a buff on DPS. This is an insult to all range characters since we DH have to equip like a tank and attack enemies from a minimum range of 0 when sniping is so inadequate at most situation because our DPS suffers just to keep our survivability up.
Reply Quote
Ahem!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004447937

But I guess a buff to DH would be nice even so =p
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I think DH needs more DPS buff.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I'm sorry to say but you are wrong.
I've been playing DH from release and I'm really happy with it right now.
Only buff I'd like is on the hatered generators mainly hungering arrow, lets face it even with all those buffs on bola shot and other useless abilities ,nothing compares to hungering arrow in terms of range and AoE possibility.
Regarding AoE abilities i find by far the best being multishot with Fire at Will rune; on MP1-MP3 farm runs paired with Vegence passive and bat companion you can't run out of hatred.

Only thing I'd like to see is the removal of the old Natalia set, that 4pc set bonus is simply unbalanced and unfair to those that don't have it.It's an iwin button for those demon hunter's that had the oportunity ($$ or lots of lucky drops) to get a decent set without loosing to much dps in terms of high MP farming due to perma Gloom .
Reply Quote

Only thing I'd like to see is the removal of the old Natalia set, that 4pc set bonus is simply unbalanced and unfair to those that don't have it. It's an iwin button for those demon hunter's that had the oportunity ($$ or lots of lucky drops) to get a decent set without loosing to much dps in terms of high MP farming due to perma Gloom .

Another legacy nats hater :yawns: Blizzard it's not going to nerf legacy Natalya's set bonus. Deal with it. You wouldn't care about legacy Natalya's if you where using Night Stalker + A lot of critical hit chance.

Also have you read my post? And the comment of @Kevmeister. Because reading what you have commented I assume that you haven't read neither of them.
Reply Quote
Only buff I'd like is on the hatered generators mainly hungering arrow, lets face it even with all those buffs on bola shot and other useless abilities ,nothing compares to hungering arrow in terms of range and AoE possibility.
Regarding AoE abilities i find by far the best being multishot with Fire at Will rune; on MP1-MP3 farm runs paired with Vegence passive and bat companion you can't run out of hatred.

Only thing I'd like to see is the removal of the old Natalia set, that 4pc set bonus is simply unbalanced and unfair to those that don't have it.It's an iwin button for those demon hunter's that had the oportunity ($$ or lots of lucky drops) to get a decent set without loosing to much dps in terms of high MP farming due to perma Gloom .

I find this hard to believe, coming from an account with a level 19 and 6 Wiz as well as a lvl 2 Monk. Do share your other server's character, if you have that is.
Reply Quote
no idea what this qq thread is abt.

if anything DH need dmg buffs/modifiers to current hatred spenders/passives

multishot -closer the enemy more dmg+knockback.
impale - hobbling effect/ targets get a debuff taking more CD or having reduced mitigation.
fan of knives -10 sec cooldown? whats the point of assigning hatred spending then.

just a few ideas
Reply Quote

I find this hard to believe, coming from an account with a level 19 and 6 Wiz as well as a lvl 2 Monk. Do share your other server's character, if you have that is.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Groparu-2539/hero/5397330

Here it's his profile.
Reply Quote
Wizards have a skill called Diamond Skin. They can absorb and reflect damage done to them.
Monks receive 30% melee damage reduction.

Demon Hunters have Shadow Power - Gloom. The most over powered defensive abomination of a skill in the game. But, it's probably not worth mentioning in the OP for the sake of a stronger argument.

11/14/2012 03:45 AMPosted by shndany
Don't forget that every single other class have better defensive stats and it's easy for them to have a good amount of EHP to survive.

35% damage reduced and 15% LS, and it's not hard to have 100% uptime with Shadow Power during combat. No other class can reach that amount of LS except the DH, and it does it with a single spamable ability. (and, it doesn't cost a single gold - cheap compared to any other class.)
Edited by Gnosis#1870 on 11/14/2012 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wizards have a skill called Diamond Skin. They can absorb and reflect damage done to them.
Monks receive 30% melee damage reduction.

Demon Hunters have Shadow Power - Gloom. The most over powered defensive abomination of a skill in the game. But, it's probably not worth mentioning in the OP for the sake of a stronger argument.

11/14/2012 03:45 AMPosted by shndany
Don't forget that every single other class have better defensive stats and it's easy for them to have a good amount of EHP to survive.

35% damage reduced and 15% LS, and it's not hard to have 100% uptime with Shadow Power during combat. No other class can reach that amount of LS except the DH, and it does it with a single spamable ability. (and, it doesn't cost a single gold - cheap compared to any other class.)

Gloom/shadow skill = uses resources. So if you start using other resources then you can not spam gloom. And not everyone has legacy Nat's. 2.) The 30% percent reduction on a monk or a barb is built in and has no time limit. Gloom has a 5 secs limit. Is Gloom good? Yes, is it OP? No. But it is probably the best survival skill that DH has.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just started a Demon Hunter a couple days ago. With all the QQing going on about Dodge sucking, and Reflect Damage being the bane of the DH's existence...

I can't wait to level this sucker, see what all the fuss is about. :-D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]