Diablo® III

300K DPS EU Monk INVIS saying Hello to US!

Welcome!
I always respect Monks :)
Reply Quote
0 LoH
0 LS

This is definitely not your MP7-10 Gear setup.
You'd get smoked in 2 hits from any elite you can't drop within serenity duration.

And then what? you wait till serenity's up again to go face another pack?

All for show, you can't clearly make us believe you wear 0 loh 0 ls vs MP10 ubers.
Edited by Patoose#1934 on 11/14/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi. I'm EU monk aswell and i run similar setup to Invis. My gear is ofc much worse xD Couldn't afford all rez gear and I must use OWE passive. This is a variation of Tempest Rush farming spec used to steamroll MP0 or a bit higher for max XP gain. Reflect Dmg isn't realy a problem and i don't have any LoH or LS on this gear either (only 1k Life after Kill - turned out to be very nice xD). 3 second serenity is more than enough to kill any elite pack, sometimes 1 of 3 will remain but it's not enough dmg to die. INVIS seems to have different solution for Elites though. He uses 7-sided strike to 1 shot them (you are immune to dmg while using this skill so it doesn't matter if it's reflect or whatever) and like I said even if one of them survives it's not enough to kill yourself xD. That is everything i can tell just from checking gear and spec and ofc that is not a build suited for MP10 Ubers xD.

I myself run around on 200k dps when buffed or 180k with Stone of Jordan (with TR crit) for moar spirit and dmg vs elites. I've spent around 200mil on my gear and I also have different gear (another 100+ mil) with more resists, life and LS for Ubers easily doing MP7 with friends or solo.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Grimiku
Hey there, and welcome to the U.S. Diablo III forums! Thanks for saying hello and we hope you enjoy chatting with us.

Thank you for the welcome, I will start putting some more info to the gear and skills i used when I did this kill.
Reply Quote
Welcome.

Personally I'd be more interested in someone struggling and using skill to get by.
Watching people faceroll content isn't very exciting. To each their own.

This was not faceroll at all, I only had 36k HP and did you see how many times my HP bar went to red when I fight the SK/Magdha fight. If I make a mistake, I will be dead in 2 shots. Sorry guys for the lack of details of my build and gears. I didn't expect such a warm welcome to be honest.

I will be adding much more info to the oping post later. To quickly let you know, the purpose of this video is to show an balance and try to max out my effective DPS output, that's why the only defense skill i used was STI for the armor, i don't even have serenity or any other defense passive. I do have 2.9 life steal on my EF. I might make another video to show and explain the skills and build I use.
Edited by INVIS#2291 on 11/15/2012 1:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is such an odd thread, it reminds of that pay per post phenomenon that was all the rage a while back. Not saying it is, mind you. Just the oddball combination of topic, posting clarity and blue response put me in mind of it.

I agree that DPS can help you cure a LOT of ills, took me a long time to come around to that POV though.
Reply Quote
This guy above me has 7k DPS rofl !

Poor timing. acrimony of all people ended up above you.
Reply Quote
WELCOME to the other side of the pond. As far as monks go, you and i are on oppisite sides of the same coin, you have ALOT of DPS and attack power, which is cool. I however am all DEFENCE. lol. for example
you have:Armor 5338
I have: Armor 6445
You have: 564 Resistance to All Elements
I have:950 Resistance to All Elements + 607 Poison Resistance.
But to most people in the US they think DPS is the only solution to any problem. i tend to disagree with this much Defence. lol.

LMAO
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 11/15/2012 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Glad to see this, been following your posts on Diablofans, and checking your profile out. I am amazed you are clearing MP10 with little to no regen. I see above you mentioned 2.9 LL on EF...this may sound dumb but what is EF?
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 07:11 AMPosted by IvanDrago
Glad to see this, been following your posts on Diablofans, and checking your profile out. I am amazed you are clearing MP10 with little to no regen. I see above you mentioned 2.9 LL on EF...this may sound dumb but what is EF?

Echoing Fury my friend
Reply Quote
Ah TY. Funny I actually have that mace and still had no clue. I would probably know if I watched the videos...I just can't from work which is when I primarily get on these things.
Reply Quote
Welcome.

Personally I'd be more interested in someone struggling and using skill to get by.
Watching people faceroll content isn't very exciting. To each their own.

This was not faceroll at all, I only had 36k HP and did you see how many times my HP bar went to red when I fight the SK/Magdha fight. If I make a mistake, I will be dead in 2 shots. Sorry guys for the lack of details of my build and gears. I didn't expect such a warm welcome to be honest.

I will be adding much more info to the oping post later. To quickly let you know, the purpose of this video is to show an balance and try to max out my effective DPS output, that's why the only defense skill i used was STI for the armor, i don't even have serenity or any other defense passive. I do have 2.9 life steal on my EF. I might make another video to show and explain the skills and build I use.

I would really like to know more about your build. I'm a high DPS Monk as well and I am amazed on how you do MP10 ubers with no LOH and LS. Skorn build is very dangerous, but you managed to succeed.
Reply Quote
Dearest INVIS,

I am a fan, I am an American, I like EU people and how skilled they are at this game. I welcome you, and it would be nice to see a trend of more great EU players joining us. It was always interesting to me how EU and US have different playstyles, particularly in WOW Arena where there always seemed to be different mindsets on group makeup etc.

Anyway, The US Forums in general can be rude, annoying, traoll-ridden etc etc, but I have never seen EU players singled out or cast-out, they may be harrassed and trolled, but unfortunately and embarrassingly, thats just US forums in general.

I think a lot of you have more fans here than you realize, And I for one will be following your posts here as well as Diablofans and on your stream.
Reply Quote
Go back to EU we dont need you, im sure we got plenty of good players.

J/K Sup man Welcome to America! the land of dreams!
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 11/15/2012 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
First off, I wanted to say thanks for comin to our forums, please try to ignore the trolls (there will be many). I really like your build mostly because its completely opposite to the way i have always played, and looks like a pretty interesting change i could make.

I have just returned from a hiatus a few weeks ago and have always been used to heavy LoH builds with a lot of standing and exchanging hits and taking a lot of dmg. Your build is clearly about dishing the dmg and avoiding a lot of the incoming which seems more fun but more dangerous. I am just wondering if you think your playstyle and build would work well with lesser gear or would I get smashed to pieces if i strap on a skorn with my gear and try it out?
Reply Quote
Thank you guys for the warm welcome

A lot of people have been asking about my build and the gear I use when I did my Uber Boss kill, you can see a short video description here, if you still have more question, you are all welcome to join my stream and discuss. See you.
http://www.twitch.tv/invisuk/c/1736221
Reply Quote
so you have a profile gear set and an actual gear set?

I mean in your profile you have 0 loh and 0 ls and you wield a Skorn. Then you say you have an EF with LS. What's the offhand you use with that? Do you swap out any other gear pieces? Also why deadly reach? In your videos are you just using it for the DPS bonus prior to using blind and overawe?

I can't imagine these glass-cannon DPS builds are working in MP10 outside of maybe a few people. My suit was 200k unbuffed pre-MP and it just wasn't doable. I would get one shotted by reflect let alone molten/desecrate.

Are you able to kill the mobs fast enough with 300k dps + permanent breath of heaven + overawe + blind?

It just didn't seem possible to me when I was running the PTR.
Edited by Ifthir#1372 on 11/15/2012 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
so you have a profile gear set and an actual gear set?

I mean in your profile you have 0 loh and 0 ls and you wield a Skorn. Then you say you have an EF with LS. What's the offhand you use with that? Do you swap out any other gear pieces? Also why deadly reach? In your videos are you just using it for the DPS bonus prior to using blind and overawe?

I can't imagine these glass-cannon DPS builds are working in MP10 outside of maybe a few people. My suit was 200k unbuffed pre-MP and it just wasn't doable. I would get one shotted by reflect let alone molten/desecrate.

Are you able to kill the mobs fast enough with 300k dps + permanent breath of heaven + overawe + blind?

It just didn't seem possible to me when I was running the PTR.

I have more than one build I use, I use a ultra fast farming build on mp1, then I use my semi-defense build on around mp5, I use my normal build on mp10, depend on what I do, if I want to set a record, of course I use my Max DPS build which only 2.9 life steal. That's how I did my uber boss kill on mp10 and also the record on Azmo Solo mp10 kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]