The way sweeping wind works, it takes a "snapshot" of your dps at the time the sweeping wind is cast. Therefore, there exists an exploit where you cast sweeping wind while holding a really high damage 2H weapon and all your buffs (30% from faith in the light, 15% from blazing wrath, etc.) and sweeping wind will essentially lock in all these buffs FOREVER until the sweeping wind wears off and is recast (recasting while it's still active to refresh the timer does NOT remove the buffs).
This may seem trivial, but the implications are huge. You can essentially deal over 2 million damage per second. That's right. 2 million effective DPS. To prove my point, I will include some videos of the exploit in action:
Killing MP10 Azmo with 2 horodric hamburgers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaxbYlHDrvo
Killing MP10 Azmo in 40 seconds (4.6 million effective DPS): http://youtu.be/Eae9f4wZpmw
Killing MP10 Gohm in 45 seconds: http://youtu.be/Yq6LPbVLfKU
Well, you get the point.
How can I exploit this? There are numerous ways.
1. Cast sweeping wind in full DPS gear, switch to leoric's signet + cain's set; you are still dealing millions of DPS, while simultaneously reaping the benefits of the xp gear that should, in theory, hinder your dps.
2. Along the same lines, cast sweeping wind in full DPS gear, switch to full MF gear. You have max MF and max DPS, whereas there should be a tradeoff between the two.
3. Cast sweeping wind in full DPS gear, then switch to dual-wielding two very fast 1H weapons, one of which could be a Won Khim Lau, and potentially a Sweeping Wind boosted Stone of Jordan. You'll be spawning dozens of cyclones at inflated dmg per second, while reaping the benefits of WKL's lightning damage boost and SoJ's sweeping wind boost.
There are many people who have macros to cast the sweeping wind with all the buffs, and then instantly switch to another set of gear, all at the press of one button, so switching full gear sets isn't nearly as infeasible as it seems (I can do it and I don't even use macros... it's just tedious).
The reason I want this patched is because it is extremely tedious and annoying to do, but is the most effective way to play monk, so it feels almost forced. Very much like when the game was released and people were swapping to full MF gear right before killing elite packs; it was extremely tedious, but felt forced, and Blizzard said they didn't want to encourage that type of play style.
Ways to fix this exploit? Pretty simple really, can't believe Blizzard hasn't been competent enough to do so yet, since this has been known for months now.
1. When you recast sweeping wind, it takes a new snapshot, regardless of whether sweeping wind is already active (rather than refreshing the old snapshot). This isn't the ideal solution, since the exploit would still exist, but it would be much harder to maintain.
2. When you switch gear with sweeping wind active, it automatically de-activates. Pretty simple solution, no drawbacks.
3. Rather than snapshotting, sweeping wind's damage ticks at your real-time DPS. Probably hard to code.
I'm sure there are more solutions, but I'm just a random guy, and I was able to come up with 3 very easy fixes for this problem, in a matter of thinking about it for 5 minutes. I would assume Blizzard should be able to do better.